MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - WATER KIDS scuba try out Eid-el-Fitri promo

WATER KIDS scuba try out Eid-el-Fitri promo

Selling any dive course? ... Please post here. Topics are auto-locked after 120 days.

WATER KIDS scuba try out Eid-el-Fitri promo

Post Number:#1  Postby Bobo® » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:40 pm

[img width=432 height=600]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2928/posterfbsmall.png[/img]

[size=2em]KIDS lets get wet![/size]

Are you bored of the same hobby during school holidays? Why not try an adventure and fun way of doing things lime scuba diving?
Lets have fun with our CUBA SKUBA try out and pursue you interest through SSI Scuba Rangers programe.
Will be held every Saturday from 2pm-5pm (at Cheras private pool) and Sunday 10am-1pm (at PJ Palms pool).
Only for kids 8-12 years old (but is ok for one family wanna do it).
For this Eid-al-Fitri, we have a promotion of RM160 for the CUBA SKUBA try out (until 20 September only, do book early).
Book youself with Water Kids CUBA SKUBA at 013-2520109 or e-mail buzzme[a]waterkids.info (change [a] ke @) CUBA SKUBA program will start on 17 September 2011.
Last edited by Bobo® on Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dive Tenggara Adventure [1696725-D] twitter - @divetenggara
Need Seac-Sub, Pelican, Fantasea Line, DAN Insurance, call me www.divetenggara.com :: 019-2121109 :: info@divetenggara.com
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Re: WATER KIDS scuba try out Eid-el-Fitri promo

Post Number:#2  Postby oldturtle » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:07 pm

8-12yrs old ? what's the purpose of the try out  if they too young to go at it at the open sea. ? If you say they can ,seriously , you got to come out with very convincing safe study been been done  for this age to be involves in  this activity whether in the open sea. or pool too!

Looking froward to hear your  you.
oldturtle
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby Bobo® » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:34 am

Hi oldturtle... (Dont people greet nowadays?  ;) )

The try out is to rectify either the children are comfortable during scuba diving in the pool not more than 4 meter (we only have below 3 meter pool the deepest). If they are ok with it, they can go ahead with the SSI scuba rangers program in the pool only. Did i say they can go to the OPEN sea?

Bare in mind, this is not a scuba certification program. They cannot go and just flash their C card and go for a dive.

And every activities will be done in a pool not more than 4 meters (Is this a safe level for all ages?)

But, just imagine u are in their fins, will you get bored to do every dive only in the pool?

So we try to create something interesting and have some fun out at the sea. BUT, SSI Scuba Ranger does not require the KIDS to have and OPEN WATER experience, so we create and CONFINE water experience at sea with depth limit not more than 4 meters. A ratio 1 instructor to 2 rangers.

As for Water Kids, Sea experience will be done only twice a year.

For the safe study, do ask the relevant agencies i.e SSI or PADI who had been doing this program for years. They certified me and I know the rules and regulations including what is my limit. You can argue with them regarding the safe diving for kids. Its good for the industry.

Bare in mind, not all instructor are taught to teach KIDS and not all dive facilities have equipment for KIDS, we do  ;) 

Ahh.. forgot to mention, SSI Scuba Rangers program is not just for scuba diving, its more toward developing a leadership among them and gaining knowledge on what is the marine world is all about including generate interest on history, geography and maths, the boring subject to them. Why, cause we do it tru a fun way.

More on SSI Scuba Rangers here. http://www.divessi.com/scuba_rangers

We adults dont be stingy  ;) ,  Let them feel what is underwater is all about, and it will be easy for them once they get into the Junior Open Water program.

safe dive
Bobo  ;)
Need Seac-Sub, Pelican, Fantasea Line, DAN Insurance, call me www.divetenggara.com :: 019-2121109 :: info@divetenggara.com
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby oldturtle » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:35 am

Hi BOBO (sorry,for my rudeness!)

I stand by my opinion . Innovation is good whether it is for business or others -as in this case  recreational activity .However ,in this matter, I dont think there is enough convincing study been done that i can read except from some kind of 'assurance or standard ' provided by private enterprise like PADI ,SSI..etc. Still there are many un answered question .

Well, as for adult , all the above issue  can be irrelevant simply we can take it as a very adventurous sport activity and a personal choice .But 'dragging ' a child in ..hey dude..you better know what you are doing ! i  am sure you can generate income in some other diving related ways.

I dont think I can change much perception here , nevertheless  , good luck !

oldturtle
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby Bobo® » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:42 am

Dear oldturtle

I respect you opinion and others. Just wondering, what is circulating inside your mind about a big no no diving for KIDS? may be we can have a good adult discussion on this particular issue. There are CDs of all scuba agency here in this forum and they can join in for the discussion too

Safe dive ;)
Bobo
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Return to Scuba Courses