MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - PADI eLearning.

PADI eLearning.

Selling any dive course? ... Please post here. Topics are auto-locked after 120 days.

PADI eLearning.

Post Number:#1  Postby nizaha » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:47 am

Hi Everyone..

Last night i was attend to PADI retail and IRRA forum.  Speaker from PADI US and Canada. They talked about PADI elearning program . pretty intresting topic. i can tell some happy and some  not  happy about this program ,  :-[. it all about student doing independent studies without meet instructor in 1st place. What student need to do by click the dive centre , click instuctor name and put yr credit card in and student good to go  everything start from PADI website but  This might not apply to independent instructor or freelance instructor so the instructor must involved to the store the get this student . this program so convinence especially to the student who working 5 to 6 days a week. especially in KL and other big city. PADI will launcher this program on 16th April. If you guys have a time during ADEX in Bangkok go check out. We'll see !

Zaha
Last edited by Nizaha on Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
nizaha

Topic author

Re: PADI eLearning.

Post Number:#2  Postby zzz » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:02 am

PADI e-Learning.... That's a new concept. I guess they must have thought it out.

As for me I am not a PADI professional ... but from my experience as a student the interaction between the instructor and student from the word go...is very important.. Only a physical 'body' can make you feel confident and safe to go underwater for the 1st time... :)

But we'll see la....Does it mean we do not need to buy the PADI manual??? eLearning ... all on the internet???
zzz

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby SeaDemon » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:12 pm

eLearning is good. However, at a PADI members forum a couple of months back, a question on referral was raised. I don't think they've addressed this issue yet, but hopefully it will during ADEX.

I don't think I'll be going for ADEX. Hoping to do something very unPADI.  ;D
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby superkingkong » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:45 am

PADI e-Learning.... That's a new concept. I guess they must have thought it out.

As for me I am not a PADI professional ... but from my experience as a student the interaction between the instructor and student from the word go...is very important.. Only a physical 'body' can make you feel confident and safe to go underwater for the 1st time... :)

But we'll see la....Does it mean we do not need to buy the PADI manual??? eLearning ... all on the internet???

u like the physical touch, eh?  ;D

frankly, it serves not much difference from what is going on now... i went to the course, the instructor asked me to watch dvd, and asked me to jawab soalan... + a bit extra tips lah.. other than that, i can think of any extra stuff. those freebies are more towards practical sessions.
superkingkong

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby zzz » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:49 pm

u like the physical touch, eh?  ;D

frankly, it serves not much difference from what is going on now... i went to the course, the instructor asked me to watch dvd, and asked me to jawab soalan... + a bit extra tips lah.. other than that, i can think of any extra stuff. those freebies are more towards practical sessions.

SKK... Off course I like  ;D ;D ;D...
U don't like meh.....??
zzz

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby superkingkong » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:15 am

SKK... Off course I like  ;D ;D ;D...
U don't like meh.....??

no comment  ::)  ;D ;D ;D
superkingkong

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby dikiz.m.s » Wed May 16, 2007 5:03 pm

Hey Zaha,

How are you brother? Lama sangat tak dengar berita. Sorry guys (out of topic here). Hit me back always ok.

Take care.

Diki
dikiz.m.s

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby bubble_trouble » Wed May 16, 2007 5:25 pm

Bro....sudah join ka!! ;)

Hey Zaha,

How are you brother? Lama sangat tak dengar berita. Sorry guys (out of topic here). Hit me back always ok.

Take care.

Diki
bubble_trouble

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby SeaDemon » Wed May 16, 2007 6:16 pm

PADI has toyed with the idea for as long as I can remember. However, when the recreational wing of PSAI kicked it off, it became a hit in the western world. PADI quickly jumped into the bandwagon.

What PADI may have overlooked is the fact that PSAI's eLearning has not made way in Asia.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Return to Scuba Courses