MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Learn to Dive on a Semi Closed Rebreather - 2 Days away from Longer Dives!!

Learn to Dive on a Semi Closed Rebreather - 2 Days away from Longer Dives!!

Selling any dive course? ... Please post here. Topics are auto-locked after 120 days.

Learn to Dive on a Semi Closed Rebreather - 2 Days away from Longer Dives!!

Post Number:#1  Postby Borneo Dream » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:43 pm

The PADI Semi Closed Rebreather (SCR) Diver Course with Borneo Dream in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah is a two (2) day course that allows recreational divers to learn to dive on a rebreather.

Diving on a semi-closed rebreather helps you to enjoy much longer bottom times for your recreational dives (SCR divers typically enjoy dives up to 2 hours). As there are little / no bubbles you can also can get much closer to marine life without disturbing it - making it great for divers in to underwater photography or videography. Start diving on a Rebreather and find your dives transformed!!

The PADI Semi Closed Rebreather (SCR) Diver with Borneo Dream in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah includes:- theory and SCR kit preparation, half a day of pool/confined water skills, three (3) open water dives. Book this course during October 2010 and enjoy a 10% discount off the course price!  :D :D :D :D

The course takes two (2) days and the pre-requisite for the course is PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent and PADI Enriched Air Diver or equivalent. But both PADI courses can be combined with the SCR course if you wish.

The course takes place in the safe training conditions of Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park near Kota Kinabalu.

The course includes FREE use of a Drager Dolphin for the duration of the course, instruction by an experienced qualified PADI professional and experienced Rebreather Instructor, all course dives, lunch, refreshments, boat transfers on our spacious catamaran Borneo Dream 3 and certification.

Choose the PADI Semi Closed Rebreather Course with Borneo Dream - the only provider of rebreather training in Borneo! Contact the Dream Team to find out more about this course or reserve a place.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Borneo Dream Travel & Tours Sdn Bhd
Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Re: Learn to Dive on a Semi Closed Rebreather - 2 Days away from Longer Dives!!

Post Number:#2  Postby Snafu » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:32 am

Questions:

1. Do u stock sofnolime & what grade?
- Price?

2. Do u have spare inspiration cylinder?
- Price?

3. Can u get diving oxygen?
- Price?

Thanks.

:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#3  Postby Borneo Dream » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:22 am

Hi Syed,

Good to hear from you.

I have provided answers to your rebreather diving questions below:

(1) We use Spherasorb 2174 (not Sofnolime 797). Spherasorb is smal spherical beads that are less dusty and absorb slightly more CO2 than Spherasorb 797. You can also pack more Spherasorb in as it is spherical (not rectangular).

(2) We can provide cylinders for the APD Evolution Closed Circuit Rebreather. These will also fit the Inspiration.

(3) Yes, we can provide medical grade oxygen up to 220 bar.

I will PM prices to you. Sounds like you're already a rebreather diver (CCR) - if you fancy leisure diving with us on a rebreather just let me know.

Have a great day!  :glasses2:

Billy
Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby Snafu » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi Billy,

Thank you for the prompt reply & please PM me the price.

Yes I m a rebreather diver, Inspiration classic & done few upgrade on my unit.

Hope to do some diving on it, any interesting site in KK for CCR diving?

Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#5  Postby Borneo Dream » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:27 am

Hi Syed,

Cool - nice to meet a rebreather diver on MuW  :) :)

We go the widest range of dive destinations along the west coast of Sabah (all departing from Kota Kinabau). So we have a choice of dive sites suitable for a wide range of divers - from try dives through to rebreathers and technical diving.

I'm a TDI Rebreather Instructor and I like a few dive sites on my rebreather - Edgell Patches just outside TARP for nice deeper coral reefs (seen the odd 1.5m Black Tip Shark there when diving on my rebreather), the Usukan WW2 wrecks, Mayne Rock and Pulau Tiga. The wrecks are really nice on a rebreather as you get a decent dive on them and there's lots to explore!

Just let me know if you ever fancy diving with us.

Cheers,

Billy
Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby Snafu » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:59 am

Thanks Billy...will get back to U when I m back from work.

Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#7  Postby Borneo Dream » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:13 am

Our next TDI Closed Circuit Rebreather Course starts tomorrow. Our Closed Circuit Rebreathers (APD Evolution) are prepped and ready to go!

Once you are a certified PADI Semi Closed Rebreather Diver and love the feeling of long dives on a rebreather - the TDI Closed Circuit Rebreather course is the next step.

Fancy joining the Dark side - learn to dive on a rebreather (SCR or CCR) with Borneo Dream in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. The only provider of Rebreather training in Sabah!
Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby Sicko » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi Billy,

Can you attach a pic of the dive boat you use for trips?

Thanks & regards,
SS
Anyone can do a dive to 100m or more.....
But how many will return alive???
Sicko
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby Borneo Dream » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:40 am

Hi SS,

We use two great boats for our range of diving trips and courses in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. The latest edition to the Borneo Dream fleet is our 9m x 3m RIB used for our long distance dive trips with a cruising speed of 30 knots, jockey seats for a comfortable ride and the latest navigation equipment. Our RIB is revolutionising diving experiences in Kota Kinabalu. It is the first RIB in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah to be used for recreational diving!

With twin 150hp Yamaha 4 stroke engines it has a cruising speed, when planing, of 30 knots and a top speed of approx. 50 knots!! It is fitted with the latest navigation equipment – GPS Plotter, Sounder and Sidescan Sonar - and has seating for 12 persons (on jockey seats) providing for a fast, comfortable and safe boat transfer to our long distance dive sites.

We also have a 10m x 4m catarmaran - Borneo Dream 3. Borneo Dream 3 has a range of modern facilities including a freshwater shower, cabin with double bed, on-board toilet and front sun deck for sunbathing. It also has a range of safety equipment on board - 18 x personal buoyancy aids, 6 x Life Rings/Floats, full first aid kit, DAN Diver Emergency Oxygen Kit with 1000 Litres of Medical Oxygen onboard, VHF radio, GPS (Global Positioning System) and compass - so you can be assured of a safe trip. Borneo Dream 3 can take up to 12 passengers (and 4 crew), but we choose to limit our group sizes to around 8 so you can really enjoy the space.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Billy
Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby Borneo Dream » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:10 am

Congratulations to Neil & Angela who have just learned to dive on a Closed Circuit Rebreather with Borneo Dream in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah :) :) :)

They did the longest dives ever during the course - over 2 hours!!

Fancy learning to dive on a rebreather? Just contact the Dream Team  ;)

Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby Borneo Dream » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:38 am

Fancy enjoying 2 hour dives? Want to learn to dive on a rebreather but without the big investment in the kit? Then choose the PADI Semi Closed Rebreather course with Borneo Dream in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

In 2 days see your diving transformed. No bubbles, longer dives, get closer to marine life  B-) B-) B-)

Don't forget if you book a PADI SCR (Semi Closed Rebreather) course with us in KK, Sabah in October you get a 10% discount off the course price  :D

Borneo Dream is the only provider of rebreather training in Sabah, Borneo. Choose us for all your rebreather training needs.
Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby Leafy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:49 am

Thank you for the info Borneo Dream,

Very interesting indeed, could you please PM me the costing details and schedule? I guess you accept registration/training at my available dates, am I right? but I guess it'd be better to plan a schedule, budget and find a buddy to join too.

I'm interested to start with the SCR then gradually try the CCR. I noticed from the photo the SCR used is Dolphin.

Thanks.
--
Website : http://www.leafbug.org “Don’t tell the story if you don’t have the pictures” - National Geographic
Leafy
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#13  Postby Borneo Dream » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:05 pm

Hi Leafy,

Thanks for showing an interest in our rebreather courses.

You can join a PADI Semi Closed Rebreather course anytime. It's actually best to start off with 121 instruction when first starting out on a rebreather, so you can book the PADI SCR course on your own.

I'll PM you more course details.

Cheers.
Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby Kzrul » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi Borneo Dream.... this may be a bit out of the topic.... sorry....

do you offer any "day dive" and PADI specialty dive?...... any good price for MUW members + someone from Tourism industry  :angel8:

please pm /msg me for the info because i might be heading there after raya due to my site inspection and ++++ events...hehehe...

thanks
Kzrul
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topics: 1

Post Number:#15  Postby Borneo Dream » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:00 am

Hi kzrul,

Nice to hear from you  :)

We offering the widest range of diving day trips and diving courses from Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. So plenty for you to choose from!

We run diving day trips to Pulau Tiga, Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park, Usukan WW2 wrecks, Mayne Rock, Mantanani, Gaya Wreck and more. There is something for everyone - whether you be travelling alone, with your family or a group of friends. You'll be amazed at the rich variety of marine life you'll come across whilst diving along the west coast of Sabah. Get an idea of what you might see by checking out our photos and videos from recent diving trips and courses at http://picasaweb.google.com/billy4eggs and http://www.youtube.com/user/billy4eggs#p/u

I will PM you more details about our diving trips and PADI speciality courses. We promote trips and course promotions for MuW members through this forum - check out the Courses and Trips section. We also offer group discounts and agent rates to Diving Clubs / Operators and licensed Tour Operators / Travel Agents. So just contact our team at info@borneodream.com when you fancy diving in KK and we'll do our best to help you  ;) ;) ;)

Cheers,

Billy
Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#16  Postby Kzrul » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi Borneo Dream..... thanks for the msg.... got and have read it... but one thing that bother me a bit.......

must it be a 2 person dive even when it is a specialty course...... reason : i'll be traveling alone for my office site visit.... so the possibility is very high that i'll might be there alone..... so any solutions to it?

for your info i just got certified in AOW so was thinking to do the specialty concentration but the dive will be as permited by PADI and depending the type of specialty offered....... here are my first AOW specialty dive : deep, navi, wreck, ppb and night...

maybe you can add up a bit in your msg.....

thanks and sorry for the inconvenient....
Kzrul
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topics: 1

Post Number:#17  Postby Borneo Dream » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:21 am

Hi Kzrul,

Don't worry. We run rebreather courses (SCR and CCR) when there is just one student.  :) :)

Just let us know when you'll be in in KK and we'll do our best to help you.

Hope to meet you soon.

Billy
Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#18  Postby Borneo Dream » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:16 pm

2011 is just around the corner and what better way to start the New Year than to learn to dive on a rebreather!

The Semi-Closed Rebreather is an easy, 2 day, step in to rebreather diving and longer dives.  ;) ;)

Diving on a semi-closed rebreather helps you to enjoy much longer bottom times for your recreational dives (SCR divers typically enjoy dives up to 2 hours or more). As there are little / no bubbles you can also can get much closer to marine life without disturbing it - making it great for divers in to underwater photography or videography.

Borneo Dream is the only provider of rebreather diving in Sabah - semi closed rebreathers and closed circuit rebreathers. Find out more about our PADI Semi Closed Breather Course at http://www.borneodream.com/scuba-diving ... aysia.html

As a special New Year treat if you book the PADI SCR course with Borneo Dream in January you'll enjoy a 10% discount as a MuW member off the course price. Cool  :D :D

Tempted by the 'Dark Side'? Just contact the Dream Team at info@borneodream.com
Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#19  Postby Borneo Dream » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:14 pm

Congratulations to Yiren who has just become a PADI Semi Closed Rebreather Diver with Borneo Dream. Welcome to the world of no bubbles and longer dives  :) :)

Adrian & Rowell are currently completing the PADI Semi Closed Rebreather course with us too.

Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#20  Postby Borneo Dream » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Congratulations to Thomas, from Germany, who l=just to learned to dive on a semi-closed rebreather with Borneo Dream  :D :D

Semi Closed Rebreathers are a cheaper way of entering the fascinating world of rebreather diving.

We teach SCR courses using the Drager Dolphin. A Dräger Dolphin semi closed rebreather (SCR) uses as standard a 5 litre steel cylinder fill to 200 Bar with Nitrox or enriched air. But, this relatively small cylinder can give you up to 180 minutes of dive time - Cool!

If you're tempted by a silent world of long dives then diving on a semi closed rebreather could be for you. Borneo Drea is the nly provider of rebreather dive courses in Sabah and we are located in Kota Kinabalu. Next time you're in KK for a long weekend come and try diving on a SCR  ;)

Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Return to Scuba Courses