MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Re: Looking for Suunto D6 wrist strap

Re: Looking for Suunto D6 wrist strap

Looking for something? Place the description of what you want here.

Looking for Suunto D6 wrist strap

Post Number:#1  Postby jumper_twh » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Hello,

My D6 strap is almost snapping. Anybody know any replacement of the strap? Or any 3rd party after-market one?
PM me or drop me an email at jumper8twh@gmail.com
Thanks  :cheesy:
jumper_twh
Diver
Diver

Topic author
Topics: 2

Post Number:#2  Postby seamoth » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:22 am

You can try Sealantis at OneUtama. Recently they changed my D9 strap for RM150.

Seamoth
seamoth
Diver
Diver

Topics: 3

Post Number:#3  Postby Narco » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:43 am

I wonder, why is it so expensive for us just to do a strap replacement? Is it because of low demands for those Suunto straps? Sorry, i'm asking out of curiosity and i'm being naive.

RM150 (which i think the rest of Suunto D series will have the mark of similar price) is kinda on the ex side of it. at least for me  :shocked:
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topics: 11

Post Number:#4  Postby run » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:29 pm

RM50 is the strap..RM100 is the service for sealantis take motorbike and send to A&L back and forth.
Dont bother calling A&L they wont entertain individual demand.
Just imagine i send my Sunto for battery replacment. When i received the DC back, i found inside a plastic packing. A&L service charge receit RM45 but i paid to one
of the DC shop which i will not say the name (other than sealantis) RM100. Yeap.
Same like sending a car to the workshop. Workman ship/service cost are pretty the same at each shop.
cant argue, cant complain or can we? I know my posting going to fire some of the pros here but it is the truth right.
That is why when i send my reg for service , i ask for breakdown of the charges. Dont want simply-simply pay
Want to get cheaper service charge? try be a close fren with the shop owner.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#5  Postby mamakpenang » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:44 pm

haha....RM 150 to replace the strap.......not bad at all, very cheap.
it show the owner is wearing an expensive diving watch for diving & daily watch...... :grin:
mamakpenang
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby Narco » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:12 pm

Run, in Queensbay Mall (that's one of the nearest shopping mall to me), got people selling Suunto watch. I will just send to them for batt replacement.. hehe.. No pressure test and lets try it out.

Mamak, this one already becoming daily watch lah.. hard to resist not to wear it.. satu hari tak pakai, life is incomplete... haiyaa..
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topics: 11

Post Number:#7  Postby jumper_twh » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:19 am

Narco, the one at QB is the sports equipment shop? or a shop selling watch? I know there's one at Gurney is selling Suunto, but only M series I think, no divecom.

I found one at Phuket selling a 3rd party strap over the internet. Dropped them an email, and he wants to sell it at 95USD.
Why are they all so expensive...?!?!?!??!
jumper_twh
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby run » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 am

hahaha jumper u didn't survey the market price for those stuff before you buy the DC? but that phuket is rubbish. might as well send to sealantis but for strap actually you can just go to the watch shop and have a strap that durable enough to wear for underwater. Try check the price for swatch scuba strap.
To change the strap i think there is no need to open the whole thing.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby run » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:00 am

My bad. It seems that there is a certain screw that need to be extra careful or it may give bad result at the end.
So dont simply-simply give to any watch shop to change the strap. Read this.

http://www.tibby-adapters.com/how-to-install/installing-the-suunto-d6/
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby jumper_twh » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:11 am

Yes, you are right, I have the size T6 Trox screwdriver, and I had switch it between my elastomer and metallic strap few times. I occasionally switch to the metallic one when going for special dinner and stuff, and the elastomer on dive. But now the part that snap is the lubang lubang there where I always slot in the pin that fits my wrist size part.
How to say har...?? The lubang lunabg part u know?? Hahaha..

But I can always use the extension one - put the extension strap b4 the snap part, and srap it on. Might look funny, or use the metallic strap for dive..
jumper_twh
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby Spherediving » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:18 pm

run wrote:hahaha jumper u didn't survey the market price for those stuff before you buy the DC? but that phuket is rubbish. might as well send to sealantis but for strap actually you can just go to the watch shop and have a strap that durable enough to wear for underwater. Try check the price for swatch scuba strap.
To change the strap i think there is no need to open the whole thing.

I think it's a little strange that you call my adapters "Rubbish".
The price is 95 USD, but for that you get the adapters, 4 custom made Spring bars, and you also get the thickest Zulu strap in the world (2.5MM thick) and the shipping is included as well.

These things are made on a 5 axis CNC milling machine to MUCH tighter tolerances than the watch they go on are, and will easily outlast the computer itself.

The biggest benefit in the adapters is that you only have to buy one set. the original straps have been known to break in as little as 6 months.
Also, even if you manage to break a pin (Spring bar) you still cant loose the watch, unlike both the sunnto bands, where if they break, you better be able to do a good search pattern because it can fall off.
I know, it happened to me LOTS of times.
So how is it rubbish?

in less than a year, i have introduced these Adapters, and not had one complaint, Take a look at the facebook page or on Scubaboard, and you will see what people say about them.

If you feel they are Rubbish, I would like to know why.

Cheers
Duke
Attachments
IMG_9583_C_1.jpg
Spherediving
Diver
Diver

Return to Want To Buy (WTB)