MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Jetski rams woman on beach in Penang

Jetski rams woman on beach in Penang

A blog of scuba and marine life news in Malaysia. Auto-updated from Google News using keywords. (Sometimes can be a bit salah.)

Jetski rams woman on beach in Penang

Post Number:#1  Postby timyang » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:42 pm

GEORGE TOWN: A Chinese national fractured both thighs when she was struck by a jetski at the Batu Feringghi beach here today.

Zhu Li, 47, who was holidaying with her husband, Zhao Yong Gang, 47, and daughter, Zhao Xue, 20, was standing on the beach with her back towards the sea opposite the Golden Sands Resort when the incident occurred at 9.40am.

"My father was taking my picture when a speeding jetski mounted by two men hit her from behind.

"Other holidaymakers came to my mother's aid and took her to the hospital," Zhao Xue told reporters at the Penang Hospital here where today.

The jetski rider and pillion rider, both believed to be Myanmar nationals, were caught and handed to the police by holidaymakers as they tried to flee the scene.

Zhao Yong Gang, who worked at a factory in Sungai Petani, Kedah, for the past 10 years, said her wife broke both thighs but her condition was stable.

Meanwhile, the police confirmed the arrest of two men in their 20s to help in the investigation into the case.
timyang

Topic author

Re: Jetski rams woman on beach in Penang

Post Number:#2  Postby Ian J » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:56 am

If anyone sees what is the outcome of this please post it.
I feel sorry for the lady involved, (her family too) and hope these guys are not allowed to get away with it.......
Ian J
Diver
Diver

Re: Jetski rams woman on beach in Penang

Post Number:#3  Postby decimal86 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:16 am

Ian J wrote:If anyone sees what is the outcome of this please post it.
I feel sorry for the lady involved, (her family too) and hope these guys are not allowed to get away with it.......

so far, 2 have been charged. i am from penang.
alamak, the tank goes at the back??
decimal86
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 25

Return to Scuba and Marine News Blog