MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - IRRESPONSIBLE DIVER

IRRESPONSIBLE DIVER

IRRESPONSIBLE DIVER

Post Number:#1  Postby run » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:31 am

This was shared in the FB
no matter how beautiful they are, try resist from touching the marine life. I do admit when it comes to turtles i just cant resist scraching their shells. Will try to hold my hands when i'm  near to the turtles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynxINrwQqtU#ws
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author
Topics: 20

Re: IRRESPONSIBLE DIVER

Post Number:#2  Postby Narco » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Yeah, I guess so.. No touchy munchy. I saw once a diver who walked on corals. Crazy!
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topics: 11

Post Number:#3  Postby Steven » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:35 am

From experience, I have not come across a DC that gives a briefing on the do's and don'ts before dive/s especially UWP. In all the excitement of shooting the beauty of the UW world, it is destroyed in the process.  I also understand some divers just don't bother even if they are told.

BTW, I always carry a UW camera with me. :)
Steven
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topics: 1

Post Number:#4  Postby run » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:23 am

i admire these new frenz of mine, the videographer himself and his friends go onboard the LOB which this family was in and have a few words with the boat crews. Hoping they in return would do something or give some warning or even appologize for the damage they had caused.
I remembered the shrimp very much. How i need to fight with the photographers and videographers to catch its view at that 27m depth. All of us with just a few minutes to spare before deco. Had to give and take with the rest of the divers.

steven--> yes a movie with uw camera is the best evidence
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author
Topics: 20

Post Number:#5  Postby blue hole » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 pm

That's a fantastic video....... I am so so happy to see more of these popping up all the time. These awful, ignorant and arrogant divers need to be made famous for their acts. I wish jail time was an option.  I am particularly incensed as I just spent the last week in Sipadan shaking my head at the amazing acts of destruction that took place under the water as well as the DMs that stood by and refused to scold divers for their actions. 

Sipadan is on a fast spiral downward and it's because of this.  I watched a guy with a UW camera swim, grab, shoot, swim, grab, shoot for minutes while I showed the DM what was going on.....the DM did nothing so I swam in an forced him up.  It seems to be a particular group of poorly trained people....and their numbers in Malaysia grow every year.  Until dive operators and DMs are willing to put profit aside for proper education and monitoring of their divers, Malaysia's future as a dive destination will remain under serious threat.

My training and previous dives in other parts of the world showed ZERO tolerance for these acts.....I have no idea why it's tolerated here in some of the best spots in the world.
blue hole
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby oldturtle » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:02 pm

cant see what's the big fuss..??? just saw 'dad who looks like  pro' showing his daughter something..kicking on corals ??? see it all the time ..in Redang and Tioman done by young male & female adults from Singapore . I dont think it is intentional but simply too many newly certified and 'green' horn'  Open Water Divers around .

chill it.. guys..!  :D
Last edited by oldturtle on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldturtle
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby Narco » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:38 am

Hehe.. Way to many divers trying to 'show off'. All divers are aware of the need to care for the enviroment but some just couldn't care less. To tackle human behavior is a tricky matter. But somehow or rather if need to be done.
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topics: 11

Return to Accidents and Incidents