MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Penyelam mati lemas, tangki kehabisan oksigen

Penyelam mati lemas, tangki kehabisan oksigen

Post Number:#1  Postby Nitrogen addict » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:24 am

ALOR SETAR 23 Okt. - Seorang juruteknik Majlis Perbandaran Sungai Petani (MPSPK) mati lemas manakala rakannya dalam keadaan kritikal ketika mereka menyelam di perairan Pulau Perak, berhampiran Pulau Langkawi hari ini.

Rosli Mohammad Isa, 32, dikatakan bersama rakannya Haris Abdullah, 44, menyelam kira-kira pukul 10 pagi sebelum tangki oksigen Rosli kehabisan gas.

Difahamkan Haris yang naik semula ke bot dan menyedari Rosli tidak naik ke permukaan dalam tempoh agak lama bertindak terjun semula ke dasar laut bagi mencari mangsa.

Haris berjaya membawa Rosli ke permukaan namun ketika itu mangsa sudah tidak bernafas manakala Haris pula dalam keadaan kritikal kerana timbul secara mengejut ke permukaan air. Rakan-rakan mangsa yang ketika itu memancing di atas bot terus memaklumkan kejadian itu kepada pihak berkuasa.

Ketua Penguatkuasa Daerah Maritim 1 Langkawi, Agensi Penguatkuasaan Maritim Malaysia (APMM) Kapten Maritim Abdul Rahim Abdullah berkata pihaknya menerima panggilan dari orang awam mengenai kejadian itu kira-kira pukul 12.15 tengah hari.

Katanya, bot dinaiki mangsa didaftarkan di Kuala Kedah dan membawa 10 orang penyelam dan pemancing keluar memancing di perairan Pulau Perak sejak Sabtu lepas.

Mayat Rosli yang berasal dari Gurun dibawa ke Jeti Kuala Kedah dekat sini oleh sebuah bot Tentera Laut Diraja Malaysia (TLDM) manakala Haris dibawa ke Hospital Langkawi untuk mendapatkan rawatan lanjut. - BERNAMA

Artikel Penuh: http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/Dalam_Negeri/20121023/dn_28/Penyelam-mati-lemas-tangki-kehabisan-oksigen#ixzz2A93kdjke
© Utusan Melayu (M) Bhd
www.oceanelements.my @OceanElements
Nitrogen addict
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Re: Penyelam mati lemas, tangki kehabisan oksigen

Post Number:#2  Postby run » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:29 am

still young only 32. From the news it seems to me The buddy has went down to search for him and i bet it took him sometime to do so. Diving for the 2nd time within less than 1 hour, more than 10m(i assume), and then rushing to bring his unconcious fren to the surface leads him to DCS.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#3  Postby IBLIS MOJO » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:47 pm

something went wrong, some safety procedure neglected , both of them should be on the surface together , i should prepare pony tank for my next dive just incase me or my buddy need it

lesson learned guys  :evil:
hammer head shark soup...
IBLIS MOJO
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#4  Postby nadzir30 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:10 am

from a witness, the first diver was out of air...and the second diver grabbed him at the depth of 30 meters..2nd diver immediately full inflate his bcd frm the depth of 25 meters....at this point,his buddy was already passed away..so i guess my fellow senior divers could have the idea what happened to the 2nd diver.... i was there when he was admitted to the emergency department of langkawi hospital, and i was there when he was transferred to armed forces hospital in lumut by APMM helicopter....
nadzir30
Diver
Diver

Topics: 1

Post Number:#5  Postby run » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:37 am

i see . Hope the 2nd diver recover soon.

Iblis mojo. There is no use to bring a spare pony tank. If a diver can abuse the 1st rule of dive which is 50 bar start to safety stop, then it is pointless. When they have a pony tank, it will just encourage them more to continue on with the dive.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby Nitrogen addict » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:21 am

Friendly reminder to all divers please check your air and your depth as frequent as possible. Stay close to your buddy and " jangan lupa diri", reminder to myself too
Nitrogen addict
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby Nitrogen addict » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:24 am

nadzir30 wrote:from a witness, the first diver was out of air...and the second diver grabbed him at the depth of 30 meters..2nd diver immediately full inflate his bcd frm the depth of 25 meters....at this point,his buddy was already passed away

Why he grabbed the first diver? No air sharing? CESA?

My question here are they certified divers?
Nitrogen addict
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby Narco » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:24 am

A very interesting case to probe into. Can be made into case study and i believe is an important reference when we discuss about dive safety. Not to create any issue, but many of us can learn by understanding the cause of this unfortunate incident.

My al-Fatihah to the victim.
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topics: 11

Post Number:#9  Postby nadzir30 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:20 am

Nitrogen addict wrote:
nadzir30 wrote:from a witness, the first diver was out of air...and the second diver grabbed him at the depth of 30 meters..2nd diver immediately full inflate his bcd frm the depth of 25 meters....at this point,his buddy was already passed away

Why he grabbed the first diver? No air sharing? CESA?

My question here are they certified divers?

from a friend of the victim, he was told by the second diver before he passed out on surface that they were split before he realized that his buddy was not around him and 5m deeper than him....

no information of air sharing can be obtained as he is still unconscious until today i guess.....

they were certified divers....
nadzir30
Diver
Diver

Topics: 1

Post Number:#10  Postby run » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:00 am

the 2nd diver still unconscious. that is sad. Hope he come out from the coma soon to be with his family again.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#11  Postby maplin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:42 am

from a friend of the victim, he was told by the second diver before he passed out on surface that they were split before he realized that his buddy was not around him and 5m deeper than him....

no information of air sharing can be obtained as he is still unconscious until today i guess.....

they were certified divers....

Buddy split, buddy missing, lost my buddy……..This is one major problem in diving especially if the visibility is bad or the other buddy “lupa diri�. Is there any device that both buddies can wear so that it will alarm or vibrate if they split? If not, I think this will be one of the most important safety device they should create!!! I know there is a similar device that can attract buddy but unfortunately it is not automatic (ex: trigger if buddy move far away from each other)….. http://aquaviews.net/scuba-gear/buddycall-the-underwater-signaling-device/
maplin
Diver
Diver

Topics: 8

Post Number:#12  Postby run » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:13 am

maplin when i go diving i need to have tolerance with my buddy. if both divers hard headed and want to have their own dive profile, this result to buddy split. If a diver can ignore a simple beep of a dive comp signalling DECO , do you think a calling mechanism like this would make any difference? The 1st or twice perhaps but 3rd and 4th?
if your buddy couldn't tolerate with you or u just cant stand ur buddy, then just find yourself another buddy.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#13  Postby toodus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:33 am

I may be dive alone up to 25m but once I hear the beep on my Suunto and my instinct tells me "Hey, a bit too deep eh and some more alone. Back off back off"

I know my limits and I back away once I am about to reach that limit.
NOTHING GREAT WAS EVER ACHIEVED WITHOUT ENTHUSIASM
toodus
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topics: 18

Post Number:#14  Postby Narco » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 am

Buddies 'take care of each other'.. u back roll, i back roll, you giant stride, i giant stride.. hehe

Even better when buddies 'care about each other'.. hehe
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#15  Postby Dee » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:52 am

Deepest condolence to the family of Allahyarham Haris Abdullah.  Al-fatihah.....

"from a friend Mr Mohd Shukri Said, about an hour ago on his fB status :
Assalamualaikum..... rakan diver kita Haris Abdullah yang telah beberapa hari koma (kemalangan ketika menyelam di Pulau Perak) telah kembali ke Rahmatullah pada jam 3.30pg tadi dan akan dikebumikan di Pekan Labu Besar,Kulim Kedah selepas Asar petang nanti....AL-FATIHAH..."  (posted by MDCrew)
diving is awesome!
Dee
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#16  Postby ocean and me » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:53 am

got news today about the 2nd diver......AL Fatihah...
Diving just my life
ocean and me
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#17  Postby Narco » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Innalillah.. Al-Fatihah to Allahyarham Haris Abdullah.
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#18  Postby Nitrogen addict » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Al fatiha to both of them, may their soul rest in peace.

We can't blame our buddy You hVe to take care your own safety and your own life. Its not on your buddy's hand. Simple rule.

Hope this will give a good lesson to us.

Dive within your limit
Nitrogen addict
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Return to Accidents and Incidents