MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Divemaster Internship on Pulau Aur Pulau Aur from March 2009 - November 2009

Divemaster Internship on Pulau Aur Pulau Aur from March 2009 - November 2009

Divemaster Internship on Pulau Aur Pulau Aur from March 2009 - November 2009

Post Number:#1  Postby ajpbryant » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:46 pm

There are 4 Spaces Available for Divemaster Trainees on Pulau Aur from March 2009 - November 2009.

During this time you will learn the roles and responsibilities of being a dive professional. Additional to this you will be involved with a multi-cultural team who enjoy their diving and sharing their passion.

All accommodation & Food will be provided on Pulau Aur, and participants are entitled to 1 week off per month.

Skills Learnt:
Leading Certified Divers
Assisting on Courses
Servicing of Dive Equipment
Logistics Management
Dive Skills Development
Tank maintenance and refilling.

It is expected that by the end of this period you will be fully equipped and qualified to manage a dive resort.

Pre-requisites and Qualities Required:
Advanced Certified or above, with any recognised agency
Able to communicate effectively in English
Good Positive Attitude
Eager to Learn
Well Mannered
Patient

If interested, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for the role to alex@planetscuba.com.sg
ajpbryant
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Re: Divemaster Internship on Pulau Aur Pulau Aur from March 2009 - November 2009

Post Number:#2  Postby happybubble » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:07 pm

:icon_rr:Hi bro what happen!
Why need to used old trick in this new era, you will make used the DMT as a slave and work round the clock on the weekends, no other Singaporean that to be coned. We know how the condition of the dive shop and the resort. Bring your own DM.........la. Don`t be like others, hiding behind of none profit work for publicity.....( sindri mau ingatlah kan)
happybubble
Diver
Diver

Re: Divemaster Internship on Pulau Aur Pulau Aur from March 2009 - November 2009

Post Number:#3  Postby ajpbryant » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:55 pm

We always need DM's, they get to live in Pulau Aur, and Mersing FOC, and get good training. Its done all over the world, but not really practised in Pulau Aur as the Dive shops traditionally only go on weekends. However we have weekday trips and therefore need full-time Divemasters unlike other Singapore based dive centres.

Also I think 7am - 7pm is hardly round the clock on weekends. Why bring DM's  up and down every week, when they can just stay in Pulau Aur and relax?

Cheers

Alex
Last edited by ajpbryant on Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajpbryant
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby KE Divers » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:46 pm

That will be advantage to all, I do have some DM  that will be interested, will froward it to you.!! Do you take Shem DM??? Joking bro!!!
KE Divers

Post Number:#5  Postby scubatex » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:27 pm

ajpbryant wrote:We always need DM's, they get to live in Pulau Aur, and Mersing FOC, and get good training. Its done all over the world, but not really practised in Pulau Aur as the Dive shops traditionally only go on weekends. However we have weekday trips and therefore need full-time Divemasters unlike other Singapore based dive centres.

Also I think 7am - 7pm is hardly round the clock on weekends. Why bring DM's  up and down every week, when they can just stay in Pulau Aur and relax?

Cheers

Alex

I agree with you, that what we call internship...earn you DM as you work..
Not everybody is fortune that can pay his DM fees..I think this offer for
those who love the sport and have limited financial.
Scubatex
Dive Team
scubatex
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Location: 9-1 Jalan USJ 1/1B Regalia Business Centre Taman Subang Mewah 47500 Subang Jaya Selangor

Post Number:#6  Postby urchin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:07 pm

scubatex wrote:
ajpbryant wrote:We always need DM's, they get to live in Pulau Aur, and Mersing FOC, and get good training. Its done all over the world, but not really practised in Pulau Aur as the Dive shops traditionally only go on weekends. However we have weekday trips and therefore need full-time Divemasters unlike other Singapore based dive centres.

Cheers

Alex

I agree with you, that what we call internship...earn you DM as you work..
Not everybody is fortune that can pay his DM fees..I think this offer for
those who love the sport and have limited financial.

yap sound good's. internship...earn you DM as you work..Not everybody is fortune that can pay his DM fees..grap this opportunity.you will love Pulau Aur.
urchin
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby Malxn » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:34 am

I want to book for 2010 Divemaster Internship... Can i apply now? :glasses2:
Malxn
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Return to Job Offers & Career Opportunities