MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Volunteers Wanted - DM, Instructors for Underprivileged Kids Scuba Tryout

Volunteers Wanted - DM, Instructors for Underprivileged Kids Scuba Tryout

Volunteers Wanted - DM, Instructors for Underprivileged Kids Scuba Tryout

Post Number:#1  Postby pummkin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:26 am

The Malaysian Sport Diving Association is assisting Kids Scuba to organise a purely non-profit, for charity event in bringing underprivileged kids from various orphanages (conditions apply) to tryout scuba in the pool. As such, we would need help from DMs or DIs who wouldn't mind giving their time & energy for a one-day event to give these kids a day to remember & a certificate to take home. Depending upon the number of volunteers sign-up, we will determine how many kids we can accommodate so please get as many of you can to make this day happen for them. We will put it for a weekend in December during the monsoon season. This is totally not-for-profit, social responsibility on our part to have fun with the kids & if you have water toys, frisbee & underwater rockets, please bring them.

As for those of you who would like to volunteer as child-minders on the surface, you are also welcome to join in the fun. Three years ago, I got a group of 10 volunteer lifeguards to take 4 kids each into the sea for a swim in the private island with the help of private sponsors. It was truly rewarding to see them smile as they come from broken homes, or have parents who are in jail or single mothers who cannot support them. We appeal to your kindness to volunteer a day of your time to make this happen.

Date:- 13 December 2008 - please mark your calendars!

DM & DI Volunteers:-
1) pummkin
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Surface support/child-minders:-

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Feel free to add to the list. The pool is big enough to accommodate many of you. It's at Maybank in Bangi.

For more info, please contact Syed Abd Rahman of Kids Scuba at kidsscuba@yahoo.com or info@msda.com.my
Last edited by pummkin on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I'm not here, I'm underwater...!
http://www.deepblu.com
pummkin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Re: Volunteers Wanted - DM, Instructors for Underprivileged Kids Scuba Tryout

Post Number:#2  Postby Arewhere » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:23 am

hi pummkin....

thanks n i really interested..... :glasses9:

please confirmed the date as soon as possible... coz Hari Raya Aidiladha wiil be on 8 Dec, so i planned to take a long break about one week....... :smileinbox:

i really appreciated if the date not overlap with my holiday break...... tq :icon_salut: :occasion18:

cheers, 
" SO OTHERS MAY DIVES"
Arewhere
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby sheila » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:28 am

1) pummkin
2) sheila
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit, has limited imagination.
sheila
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#4  Postby miezegreat » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:40 am

The Malaysian Sport Diving Association is assisting Kids Scuba to organise a purely non-profit, for charity event in bringing underprivileged kids from various orphanages (conditions apply) to tryout scuba in the pool. As such, we would need help from DMs or DIs who wouldn't mind giving their time & energy for a one-day event to give these kids a day to remember & a certificate to take home. Depending upon the number of volunteers sign-up, we will determine how many kids we can accommodate so please get as many of you can to make this day happen for them. We will put it for a weekend in December during the monsoon season. This is totally not-for-profit, social responsibility on our part to have fun with the kids & if you have water toys, frisbee & underwater rockets, please bring them.

As for those of you who would like to volunteer as child-minders on the surface, you are also welcome to join in the fun. Three years ago, I got a group of 10 volunteer lifeguards to take 4 kids each into the sea for a swim in the private island with the help of private sponsors. It was truly rewarding to see them smile as they come from broken homes, or have parents who are in jail or single mothers who cannot support them. We appeal to your kindness to volunteer a day of your time to make this happen.

Time & Date:- To be advised. Just put your name down & we'll get back to you.

1) pummkin
2) sheila
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

1) miezegreat (depends on the date and time)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Feel free to add to the list. The pool is big enough to accommodate many of you. It's at Maybank in Bangi.

For more info, please contact Syed Abd Rahman of Kids Scuba at kidsscuba@yahoo.com or info@msda.com.my
.::. Silent, but deadly .::.
miezegreat
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#5  Postby sepet » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:48 am

1) pummkin
2) sheila
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2) sepet (uw support olso can)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

sepet
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby pummkin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Thank you! I will get the date as soon as possible but I don't think it would be on a Hari Raya........

Great to see you again, Sheila!!!
pummkin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby putradiver » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Count me in as long as it is not during the Hari Raya Aidil Adha or Xmas holiday week.  Do you want me to deploy from the Armed Forces team? I can arrange 3 person from each services (Army, Navy and Air Force).  Let me know.
putradiver
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby azlanroni » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:12 pm

3)azlanroni (depends on the date and time and uw support olso can)  :P
azlanroni
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby urchin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:13 pm

sepet wrote:

1) pummkin
2) sheila
3) Urchin/Meet Uncle Hussain(depends on the date and time)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

urchin
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby ScubaBunny » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:22 pm

1) pummkin
2) sheila
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

3) Azlanroni
4) ScubaBunny (depend on timing & underwater oso can, but m not DM lar..) :P
5) Mun
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

ScubaBunny
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#11  Postby chocolate » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:30 pm

1) pummkin
2) sheila
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

3) Azlanroni
5) Mun
6) chocolate -also depends on timing & possible for underwater volunteer as well
7)
8)
9)
10)
the secret of life is enjoying the passage of time good chocolate ;)
chocolate
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#12  Postby nanda666 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:14 pm

I think it's a really nice gesture. Count me in!!  :) :) Can put my Instructor credentials to some good use too!!!  :D :D

chocolate wrote:DM & DI Volunteers:-
1) pummkin
2) sheila
4) Nanda666
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

3) Azlanroni
5) Mun
6) chocolate -also depends on timing & possible for underwater volunteer as well
7)
8)
9)
10)

Good education leads to good conservation!!
nanda666
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 5

Post Number:#13  Postby wolfus » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:34 pm

keep up the good work all of you.... if its gonna be held in Langkawi....then the underwater team in langkawi would love to help out also...thanks....
......diving wolf......suffering from diving addiction......
wolfus
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#14  Postby pummkin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:46 pm

putradiver wrote:Count me in as long as it is not during the Hari Raya Aidil Adha or Xmas holiday week.  Do you want me to deploy from the Armed Forces team? I can arrange 3 person from each services (Army, Navy and Air Force).  Let me know.

Aye, Aye, Captain!!!

Thank you for volunteering! The reason we need DMs & DIs for the tryout is because certificates are to be verified by Instructor Trainer, Syed Abd Rahman on the respective leader who will be in charge. We are trying to get sponsors for gift packs for the kids such as colouring pencils, notepads, story books & such for them to take home. Surface support is utmost important. We don't want any kid to wonder & fall into the pool when no one is looking..... :P
pummkin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby pummkin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:05 pm

We have just set the date to 13 December 2008, Saturday. Hope all of you can make it!!!
pummkin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#16  Postby YaRp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:10 pm

1) pummkin
2) sheila
4) Nanda666
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

3) Azlanroni
4) ScubaBunny (depend on timing & underwater oso can, but m not DM lar..) tongue
5) Mun
7) YaRp
8)
9)
10)
[img width=155 height=120]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7029/ssiowdub4.jpg[/img]
YaRp
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#17  Postby imp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:15 pm

1) pummkin
2) sheila
4) Nanda666
5) imp ( On standy, if i'm not in South Africa or Cayman, i'll be there )
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

3) Azlanroni
4) ScubaBunny (depend on timing & underwater oso can, but m not DM lar..) tongue
5) Mun
7) YaRp
8)
9)
10)
Imran Ahmad
Nikon Professional Photographer. www.escapeinc.com.sg Scuba . Exploration . Photography UNDERWATER PORTFOLIO http://www.flickr.com/photos/escapeinc/
imp
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#18  Postby bijan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:27 pm

1) pummkin
2) sheila
4) Nanda666
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

3) Azlanroni
5) Mun
7) YaRp
8) bijan (depends on the date and time)
9)
10)
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#19  Postby sarinah » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:33 pm

bijan wrote:DM & DI Volunteers:-
1) pummkin
2) sheila
4) Nanda666
6)Clairvoyant
7)Sarinah
8)
9)
10)

3) Azlanroni
5) Mun
7) YaRp
9)
10)

sarinah
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#20  Postby 40bar » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:50 pm

Cool MUWian's,. ;)..will meet u guy's at alpha, bangi.... i'm not to be a volunteer, but watching how u all guys to teach my daughter in the pool...she certified as a scuba ranger diver...fantastic..this a good donated

cheers
www.snradventure.com
The foremost outdoor, event consultant & training developments
40bar
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#21  Postby momo74 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:50 pm

1) pummkin
2) sheila
4) Nanda666
6)Clairvoyant
7)Sarinah
8)
9)
10)

3) Azlanroni
5) Mun
7) YaRp
9) momo
10)
momo74
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#22  Postby pummkin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:25 pm

Thank you, thank you! Here's a photo of the group of underprivileged kids that we have worked with in the past with the help of sponsors, they were treated a 3d/2n stay in an exclusive 5 star resort on a private island with 10 volunteers (also fully sponsored) to bring them into the water.

Later, we also took part in KidsKlick, teaching underprivileged kids how to shoot with a camera on a field trip which was organised by Photo Malaysia more than 3 times. The experience that the volunteers got out of being a guardian was invaluable, many of whom volunteered again & again. The guardians even bought ice creams & snacks for the kids on that hot day.

Perhaps MUW could be part of something that we could do on a regular basis for more orphanages on our non-diving period. I've gotten some offer for sponsorship of stationery & books, thank you. Can we get some underwater toys to add to the atmosphere? If anyone has any ideas to make this more festive, please let me know. Thank you all!!! I'll be asking you for your email address & tel. numbers soon.
pummkin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topic author

Post Number:#23  Postby Arewhere » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:04 am

momo74 wrote:DM & DI Volunteers:-
1) pummkin
2) sheila
4) Nanda666
6)Clairvoyant
7)Sarinah
8)ATXdiver (depends on the date n time)
9)
10)

3) Azlanroni
5) Mun
7) YaRp
9) momo
10)
" SO OTHERS MAY DIVES"
Arewhere
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#24  Postby putradiver » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:31 am

pummkin wrote:We have just set the date to 13 December 2008, Saturday. Hope all of you can make it!!!

Roger.  Will make the arrangement for the Armed Forces team to be there.
putradiver
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#25  Postby chocolate » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:13 pm

more interesting now. i shud change my scheduled inbound journey by now. need any paramedic/ standby nurse?
the secret of life is enjoying the passage of time good chocolate ;)
chocolate
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#26  Postby Sharkfin » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:43 am

heh he
Last edited by Sharkfin on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharkfin
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#27  Postby kotakmancis20 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:26 pm

add me pls.

1) pummkin
2) sheila
4) Nanda666
6)Clairvoyant
7)Sarinah
9)
10)

3) Azlanroni
5) Mun
7) YaRp
9) momo
10)kotakmancis20 (i like to b underwater,haha..can i?)

my no, if any:
012-6394967 (remy)
Last edited by kotakmancis20 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kotakmancis20
Diver
Diver

Topics: 1

Post Number:#28  Postby sapertuh » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:07 pm

yuuuhuuuu my pummkin, if there's any place?!!!!, can i volunteer 4 da surface supporter?!!!!
if can, count on me by 2 person ehhh.. me n my girl... heheheh :smileinbox:
Alert today. Alive Tomorrow
sapertuh
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#29  Postby scubatex » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:52 pm

kotakmancis20 wrote:add me pls.

1) pummkin
2) sheila
4) Nanda666
6)Clairvoyant
7)Sarinah
9) Ahmat
10)

3) Azlanroni
5) Mun
7) YaRp
9) momo

my no, if any:
012-6394967 (remy)

Scubatex
Dive Team
scubatex
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Location: 9-1 Jalan USJ 1/1B Regalia Business Centre Taman Subang Mewah 47500 Subang Jaya Selangor

Post Number:#30  Postby bockbong » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:14 pm

add me pls.

1) pummkin
2) sheila
4) Nanda666
6)Clairvoyant
7)Sarinah
9) Ahmat
10)Bockbong (from 2pm only, working halfday on sat [-()
11)Paijo (bockbong's fren, also DI)

3) Azlanroni
5) Mun
7) YaRp
9) momo
bockbong
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 2

Next

Return to Job Offers & Career Opportunities