MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Re: Newbie from KL

Re: Newbie from KL

Be free and easy, everyone is welcome. Be whatever you want, but don't be a stranger. :)

Newbie from KL

Post Number:#1  Postby Diver Dan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm a newbie from KL, just got my Open water certification in march, i love the dives.. but hates the puking.. hehehe
Diver Dan
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#2  Postby nglg212 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:36 pm

welcome to MUW...dive safely...:)
nglg212
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 2

Post Number:#3  Postby raffidi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Diver Dan....welcome and don't worry about the puking cause you're not alone...hehehe!
raffidi
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topics: 4

Post Number:#4  Postby Diver Dan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Raffidi?... your name sounds familliar la....are you my puking partner from Redang?...
Diver Dan
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby Chip » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Hello  :hello:

welcome to MUW... wanna share the puking story with us....? hehehhe...  :D :D :D
~ Air is like sex; it's not important unless you aren't getting any ~
Chip
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby Diver Dan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Hahahaa... Chinook... there are no words that can describe the feeling.. you'll need to experience it for yourself... out of this world... hehehe... how to know you in trouble?... when you are in a really small boat bobbing all over the place in a windy and choppy sea, and you have 15 people in front of you taking their own sweet time getting off the boat..!!!!.. hahahahaa....
Diver Dan
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby fauzibaie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:38 pm

:hello:  welcome to MUW...
have fun here...  B-)
fauzibaie 012 416 1966 - 013 408 9966
cameraman on land - u/w cameraman to be...
fauzibaie
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby raffidi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Howdy Dan.....my on the boat buddy....yes yes it is I who was with you in Redang during that awful trip where we met! How's your diving been since then? Have you been on any trip since?
raffidi
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby Ikan wadi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Diver Dan wrote:Hahahaa... Chinook... there are no words that can describe the feeling.. you'll need to experience it for yourself... out of this world... hehehe... how to know you in trouble?... when you are in a really small boat bobbing all over the place in a windy and choppy sea, and you have 15 people in front of you taking their own sweet time getting off the boat..!!!!.. hahahahaa....

Puking?? On the boat? emmmhh... thought tht diving cause you that. I wonder how... [-(

Anyway, welcome to MUW and dive safely!  :)
Ikan wadi
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby raffidi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Oh pity us...it's a before, during and after effect....some people call it "pay to suffer".....and yet we return! But we tell people that we're just feeding the fishes...akakakakaka! Now can laugh.....bila puking........confirm lost for words!
raffidi
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#11  Postby finding grouper » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:46 pm

lol..welcome...to underwater world...i meet some of the divers puke a lot..they just took the med...dont know correct or not..but is effective tho..i saw before med and after med effect...totally different person..before med is like sick pregnant woman...after med healthy like a TIGER underwater...
finding grouper
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#12  Postby jeRUNG » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:19 pm

nice story there and experience , welcome to da club bro...
--- ()".'."()     
      ( (T) )      
--(,,)-----(,,)--<@
jeRUNG
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#13  Postby Diver Dan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:38 pm

hahaha... thanks raffidi for recommending me this site.. took me months to register though.. hehehe, i have not dived since Redang.. still recovering.. the meer thought of diving or the smell of the sea or even the exhaust fumes from a diesel engine will make my stomach turn.. still recovering i guess.. hehehee.

Ikan wadi... like what raffidi said.. it was a before, during and after experience... i suppose if the sea condition was favorable, maybe most ppl will only puke after the dive.. but both raffidi and me had the honour of getting the full package.. hehehe

finding grouper.... yeah the med does help a lot, but i still managed to puke after taking the med though... hehhee, but i've heard that some ppl get disorientated in the water after taking meds.. i'm not sure how true it is, but there's this one time i took a different brand of travelling sickness med which knocked me out entirely during a flight from Amsterdam to KL, i couldn't even get up to eat... took me another 24 hours to recover, that's one brand divers should not take.. or else you'll be visitng davy jones's locker.. hehehee
Diver Dan
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby raffidi » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:57 am

Hey Dan....I'm trying out "travel bands" next Monday at Tioman and will update you after that. It's suppose to press on some pressure points on the wrist. Read some reviews but will see if it works for me or not. Use it on a 30mins choppy boat trip recently and it seems to be effective but I want to test during my diving. Keeping my fingers crossed! And I never tried meds for I don't intend to sleep with the fishes...
Oh and Dan, I love Tioman....was there last month and this is a returning trip. Wanna join me?
raffidi
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#15  Postby Ikan wadi » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:28 am

Diver Dan wrote:hahaha... thanks raffidi for recommending me this site.. took me months to register though.. hehehe, i have not dived since Redang.. still recovering.. the meer thought of diving or the smell of the sea or even the exhaust fumes from a diesel engine will make my stomach turn.. still recovering i guess.. hehehee.

Ikan wadi... like what raffidi said.. it was a before, during and after experience... i suppose if the sea condition was favorable, maybe most ppl will only puke after the dive.. but both raffidi and me had the honour of getting the full package.. hehehe

finding grouper.... yeah the med does help a lot, but i still managed to puke after taking the med though... hehhee, but i've heard that some ppl get disorientated in the water after taking meds.. i'm not sure how true it is, but there's this one time i took a different brand of travelling sickness med which knocked me out entirely during a flight from Amsterdam to KL, i couldn't even get up to eat... took me another 24 hours to recover, that's one brand divers should not take.. or else you'll be visitng davy jones's locker.. hehehee

Ha..haa...sounds funny too. When it comes to tht sick, it's really troublesome huh!  ;)
Anyway good..good! You still dont giving up even puke cause you upside down but you still carry on with this 'interesting world' (scuba diving). Thumbs up for you! Mostly when i heart tht those ppl with this kind of problem, they wont go anymore to the sea@boating as well. Try and search until you get a solution or at least minimize you 'mabuk laut'. Then you will enjoy more later.  :)
Ikan wadi
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#16  Postby Diver Dan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Raffidi... i've heard of those bands before, but never had the chance to try one out yet, do let me know if it works.. so that i can get 4 (for my hands and legs... to make sure no more puking.. hehehe), i heard tioman is nice and i would like to go there coz i heard you can do shore dives (perfect for pukers like me.. hehehe), when are you going again?.. if the timing and budget is right, i might just join you.. hehehe.... and another thing lay off the meds k?.. i still need a puking fren.. heheee

ikan wadi.... it is quite funny actually (especially when it happens to the other guy... hehehe) lying down on the deck praying to god to end it all.. hehehe, well i have no choice actually (paid good money for the certification) so like it or not have to carry on la.. anyway once you are in the sea it's all worth it.. the experience is awesome (beats going to aquaria hehehehee.....)

Will have to find a way to overcome the puking or at least learn to recover quickly.. but it'll be a shame to remove puking altogether.. coz that's the only chance i get to get "mabuk" percuma... hahahahahaha....
Last edited by Diver Dan on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diver Dan
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Return to Introductions