MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Diver dari Jakarta

Diver dari Jakarta

Be free and easy, everyone is welcome. Be whatever you want, but don't be a stranger. :)

Diver dari Jakarta

Post Number:#1  Postby scubatak » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:49 am

Hi untuk semua di forum ini,
got invited in friendster, sangat tertarik bergabung di forum ini to know more about negeri jiran's diving community, sekalian belajar logat melayu...hehehe....

I'm Chris, Indonesian, Jakarta resident, a full time scuba instructor.  Plan to visit Layang-Layang next year (May), hope to see some of you there.  If you plan to dive Indonesia and don't have clues about your destination, I'll be happy to assist with some information.

Terima kasih atas undangannya...

cheers,
Chris
scubatak

Topic author

Re: Diver dari Jakarta

Post Number:#2  Postby nazir4321 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:53 am

welcome to the club Chris, feel free to ngobro-ngobro here .... (betul ke ejaan tu)
nazir4321

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby GOD » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:39 am

Hello scubatak,

Welcome to MUW & please share with us the divesite in Indonesia which is worth going.

Please provide us with some pix. & write-up.

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby Jim » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:17 am

Wellcome Wellcome.....

..from Jakarta eh.... me will be going there this weekend for holiday with family. Any suggestions of where to visit? to do?
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby nana » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:52 am

Hello there Scubakatak

Welcome to MUW.
It's good having you with us.
Guwe juga ingin fasih ngomong bahasa indonesia dong...  ;D
nana

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby HollowMan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:29 am

hi scubatak,

welcome to MUW, make yourself at home ya .. :)
HollowMan

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby bobo » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:23 pm

Selamat datang scubatak.. ala sama je bahase kita.. cakap inglis pun boleh...
bobo

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby SeaDemon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:53 pm

Wah...welcome Scubatak. Scubatak ini marganya apa yach? Saya Nasution. I know a few Harahaps and Siregars here.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby scubatak » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:24 pm

waaaa....very warm welcome ya...thank you guys :)
saya marga Simanjuntak, pak moderator rupanya halak kita juga toh?
scubatak

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby scubatak » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:31 pm

Wellcome Wellcome.....

..from Jakarta eh.... me will be going there this weekend for holiday with family. Any suggestions of where to visit? to do?

what's your interest for hanging out?
The latest shopping mall is Senayan City (for top brands), for your wife, she might want to visit Mangga Dua shopping center, if you want to know what "shop till you drop" is, it's the one.  For food we have Kemang Food Festival in Kemang, very happening....hope that helps.
scubatak

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby SeaDemon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:48 pm

Horas Pak Chris, but my lingo is probably as good as my knowledge of the Zulu lingo. My father was (and probably is still) the President of the Ikatan Kebajikan Mandailing Malaysia, while I am just interested in the historical aspect of it. There is quite a big Mandailing community here in Malaysia. As mentioned, I am from marga Nasution. Just don't ask me if I'm Panyabungan or Tambangan and all that...I wouldn't know. There was a politician: Dato' Mokhtar Hashim Harahap; an actor, Ahmad Tarmimi Siregar; an ex-Air Force General, Dato' Abdullah Ahmad Nasution; a singer, Rubiah Lubis. Other than that, we have one educationist and a top Islamic scholar: Associate Professor Haji Muhammad Bukhari Lubis; and a nationalist as well as educationist, Aminuddin Baki (Lubis).

When the Mandailings settled here in Peninsular Malaysia, most dropped the marga name for fear of being hunted by the Dutch forces. However, they remained strong in tradition: so if you are a Lubis, you marry only those from marga Lubis and so on.

But now the institutions of Na Mora Na Toras udah gak exist in Malaysia, so the Association looks after the interest of the Mandailing community here.

Wah, panjang banget. Udah persis historical lesson. Haha! :D ;D
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby SeaDemon » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:53 pm

Wellcome Wellcome.....

what's your interest for hanging out?
The latest shopping mall is Senayan City (for top brands), for your wife, she might want to visit Mangga Dua shopping center, if you want to know what "shop till you drop" is, it's the one.  For food we have Kemang Food Festival in Kemang, very happening....hope that helps.

I normally hang out at Plaza Senayan City just to look at "bunga-bunga mekar" as it is not far from Century Atlet where I'd normally stay. Jim, just don't take the wife if you go to Blok M. Hahah! ;D 8-)
Last edited by SeaDemon on Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Return to Introductions