MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Potential Resorts/DC to host Marine Debris Community Engagement Programme

Potential Resorts/DC to host Marine Debris Community Engagement Programme

Potential Resorts/DC to host Marine Debris Community Engagement Programme

Post Number:#1  Postby Narco » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Hello fellow diver and creatures of the underworld..

I'm organizing a community engagement project focussing on marine debris. Currently looking for potential resorts and DC in either REDANG or PERHENTIAN. I will need public involvement in this project and not to forget involvement of divers as well. I am discussing with a resort in Redang but I do welcome any suggestions of potential resorts and DC, especially one that is highly motivated into this volunteer project to combat marine debris.

Any resorts that cross ur mind? I welcome suggestions from u guys!
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author
Topics: 11

Re: Potential Resorts/DC to host Marine Debris Community Engagement Programme

Post Number:#2  Postby run » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:23 pm

marine debris? is this somewhat like the beach cleanup/underwater cleanup?
Try asking from reefcheck. They might have the info on potential resorts cause they often go the island
for survey.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#3  Postby Narco » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Part of it is cleanup. i think i know where reefcheck would normally go. I like to hear suggestions from fellow MUWian.
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author
Topics: 11

Post Number:#4  Postby QooBee » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:26 am

Narco wrote:Hello fellow diver and creatures of the underworld..

I'm organizing a community engagement project focussing on marine debris. Currently looking for potential resorts and DC in either REDANG or PERHENTIAN. I will need public involvement in this project and not to forget involvement of divers as well. I am discussing with a resort in Redang but I do welcome any suggestions of potential resorts and DC, especially one that is highly motivated into this volunteer project to combat marine debris.

Any resorts that cross ur mind? I welcome suggestions from u guys!

Hi there, Narco,

I understand that Redang Beach is doing a reef clean up on 23rd of September.  Are we talking about something quite similar?  Feel free to contact me, i am from Laguna Redang's DC.  We have done our part of reef clean up early this year.  Reason we choose to do it beginning of the year rather than the usual end of the year is in hope of better diving experience and cleaner reef awaiting the divers throughout the year.  So far, there is no plan to do another just yet end of this year but who knows maybe we can work together if you have not finalize anything. 
QooBee
Diver
Diver

Return to Peninsular Malaysia