MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Re: Pulau Bidong..

Re: Pulau Bidong..

Post Number:#31  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:58 pm

I was 16 when that was taken. My 3rd dive...Renggis island. Those were the days when after diving you need not rinse your body and straight go for dinner. That was how clean the waters of Tioman were back in 1982.

Take note: No octopus, no pressure gauge (I was holding a depth gauge), no BCD, no wetsuit...and cheap snorkelling plastic mask.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#32  Postby Ery » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:46 pm

FooKinFIN wrote:I was 16 when that was taken. My 3rd dive...Renggis island. Those were the days when after diving you need not rinse your body and straight go for dinner. That was how clean the waters of Tioman were back in 1982.

Take note: No octopus, no pressure gauge (I was holding a depth gauge), no BCD, no wetsuit...and cheap snorkelling plastic mask.

i thought you gonna say no tank as well...  :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11:
anyway, thats one kewl pic bro  ;)
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#33  Postby babyFin » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:53 am

waaa..ur nick oso got stated the Legend..  :laughing11:
very powderful la SD! no wonder diving oso very powderful..

btw, we re oledi enetering the off-topic-zone.. :laughing11: :laughing11:

SD @ FKF,
can open one thread like one of the Mod last time, when i just joined.
"babyfin diving experience".. now can create "Sea Demon - and the Legend continues"..

:angel8: :angel8: :angel8:
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#34  Postby sheik » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:04 am

iusenoFIN wrote:who is this handsome guy..??? guess???

From this picture, the way this youngboy sits and the way the present youngboy sits is so identical. the only not so identical, the amount of bulu (hair).  :-*

If I am not mistaken, i saw a thread on the effect of diving at early age. maybe we should split this topic (it's already gone far off from what blackbear has originally intended). may be fookinfin can be the clinical subject. sorry about it, blackbear.

what do you think, iusenoFIN?
(haven't taken a swipe at SD for sometime) heh heh heh :D
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diving: A Serious Play
sheik
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#35  Postby Bobo® » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:15 am

can but for me FKFin is sinonim to bidong la... if you talk about Bidong, FKFin will be in the picture, HE IS THE CHIEFTAIN of Bidong i would say.

remembered he also saved one Siam guy at Bidong (may be itikuek, spazm, deepy remembered) that been ditch by his trawler captain middle of nowhere by being a translator. At the end, the siam guy got some money, got to talk with somebody after several days, and have fresh cloth to go back to Siam.

Was wondering what happened to him la, FKFin, remember the face or not, either he is dead or already being a ketua kampung or datuk bandar la.

anyway blackbear, this is just a brief introduction what u will experience at Bidong la, some doing day trip, some doing camping on the island as the state goverment not allowing any permanent structure on the island and i dunno now la, but previous we have a underwater gallery project at the island (this is a bit hard to elaborate la ).

Anyway, u can always look for macha gipsy divers trip or anuar (now with sunlight divers) to go there. yet to find powderfull crtitters over there, big fish, yes i wuld say.

You have several, try open up a trip asking and get at least 8. Macha wuld love to organise a trip for you there.

b4 Anuar doing it with alu-alu for 2 days 1 night they charging around RM500 with tent, boat and makan
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dive Tenggara Adventure [1696725-D] twitter - @divetenggara
Need Seac-Sub, Pelican, Fantasea Line, DAN Insurance, call me www.divetenggara.com :: 019-2121109 :: info@divetenggara.com
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#36  Postby Bobo® » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:21 am

el-sheikFIN wrote:what do you think, iusenoFIN?
(haven't taken a swipe at SD for sometime) heh heh heh :D

errrr.. he dun merajuk aaa if we do??? hehehe...

wah my 2k posting.... giler, like no work la... hahahaha
Need Seac-Sub, Pelican, Fantasea Line, DAN Insurance, call me www.divetenggara.com :: 019-2121109 :: info@divetenggara.com
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#37  Postby Spazm » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:53 am

Some preview of Bidong UW..:)

Substance over matter , Diver behind the dive.....
Spazm
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#38  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:24 pm

iusenoFIN wrote:can but for me FKFin is sinonim to bidong la... if you talk about Bidong, FKFin will be in the picture, HE IS THE CHIEFTAIN of Bidong i would say.

[glow=red,2,300]remembered he also saved one Siam guy at Bidong (may be itikuek, spazm, deepy remembered) that been ditch by his trawler captain middle of nowhere by being a translator. At the end, the siam guy got some money, got to talk with somebody after several days, and have fresh cloth to go back to Siam.[/glow]

Was wondering what happened to him la, FKFin, remember the face or not, either he is dead or already being a ketua kampung or datuk bandar la.

This is him...Ah Kaew. The loner who doesn't have anyone in this world to turn to. I hope he doesn't return to the sea or to his former port because they'd kill him.  Dead or alive, I have no idea. May God protect this subject of His. He may be Buddhist, he is still one of God's subjects.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#39  Postby Bobo® » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:06 pm

i was wondering, what was FookinFIN doing with accordburuk in a tent at Bidong last year.... hmmmmm...    ;)

Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#40  Postby Bobo® » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:10 pm

to blackbear, some of the land pics, this one is Kustem Bay only can be access with itikuek 25% and FookinFin.

View from your tent

Kustem Bay beach

Your `RESORT' at Bidong...
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#41  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:47 pm

Another view of the resort
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#42  Postby babyFin » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:52 pm

we have to bring our own tent?
or if provided, we can bring our own still..and get cheaper or wat?

[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#43  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:58 pm

I always bring mine.

If you go on a trip with the dive centers, you will not be allowed to stay where we stayed.

And bear in mind, there is no fresh water for you to rinse yourself or your equipment.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#44  Postby babyFin » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:55 pm

FooKinFIN wrote:I always bring mine.

If you go on a trip with the dive centers, you will not be allowed to stay where we stayed.

And bear in mind, there is no fresh water for you to rinse yourself or your equipment.

but i tot, theres a priority given to those who related with Kustem?
and there is fresh water..  [-(

:laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11:
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#45  Postby Ery » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:03 am

FooKinFIN wrote:I always bring mine.

got toilet and bathroom or not bro?
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#46  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:28 pm

KUSTEM does not allow outsiders into its area if it is not for mutual project etc. As it is now, KUSTEM is busy with its students there. From July they had like a few hundred for them to train...so no access to outsiders.

The only place the public can pitch tent is at the Saigon Bay (I call it Saigon bay...actual name is Pasir Pengkalan).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#47  Postby babyFin » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:43 pm

ok, i see.. i see..
thanx SD, but still can try my luck..who knows I know somebody ka.. :D :D
can selit2 maa.. *can squeeze in*
:laughing11:
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#48  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:03 pm

Can...ask Itikuek if Mr Baharim will allow.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#49  Postby babyFin » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:06 pm

FooKinFIN wrote:Can...ask Itikuek if Mr Baharim will allow.

bc i was from Kustem as well..and i still know a few lecturer who dealing with Bidong.. :laughing11:
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#50  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:08 pm

babyFin wrote:
FooKinFIN wrote:Can...ask Itikuek if Mr Baharim will allow.

bc i was from Kustem as well..and i still know a few lecturer who dealing with Bidong.. :laughing11:

Can...so you were with that TV3 Bimbo la?
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#51  Postby babyFin » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:14 pm

FooKinFIN wrote:Can...so you were with that TV3 Bimbo la?

TV3 bimbo??? nope. i wasnt..i got nothing to do with them..at all.
i was trying to tell u, i studied before in KUSTEM..

[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#52  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:19 pm

babyFin wrote:
FooKinFIN wrote:Can...so you were with that TV3 Bimbo la?

TV3 bimbo??? nope. i wasnt..i got nothing to do with them..at all.
i was trying to tell u, i studied before in KUSTEM..

Yes...that is what I was trying to tell you too. The TV3 bimbo studied there too.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#53  Postby babyFin » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:23 pm

FooKinFIN wrote:Yes...that is what I was trying to tell you too. The TV3 bimbo studied there too.

obviously not..even i oso dunno the TV3 bimbo studied in KUSTEM..
maybe im their senior..

[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#54  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:27 pm

babyFin wrote:
FooKinFIN wrote:Yes...that is what I was trying to tell you too. The TV3 bimbo studied there too.

maybe im their senior..

Well, I shall paste here an entry from my blog:

We were having a good seafood BBQ dinner at the dive center when Majalah 3 came on. It was about a revisit of Sipadan, the sustanence of the eco-system during the absence of the media, as compared to the first visit by Majalah 3 some 17 years ago. To make this particular documentary work, they had underwater cameraman Jasmi Shaari, who is a friend of mine to become a Director of Photography of sorts, the producer, and the compere of TV3’s Nona, Nurul Syuhada. They chose Nurul Syuhada probably due to two reasons: 1) she majored in Marine Sciences during her days at KUSTEM (now called University Malaysia Terengganu), and, 2) the host for Majalah 3 would look stupid in her tudung and sponsored baju kurung diving the waters off Sipadan.

Now…what would you expect from such a well-known and prestige TV documentary series? Definitely flashback shots of then and now to see if the ecosystem really has improved in the 17 years, the Marine Sciences graduate of KUSTEM talking more about the marine life she has encountered, and the impact each species has if they wither or prosper, and recommendations to the Sabah State Government for the maintenance of the area.

What did we get? We see tourists waving at the camera, the compere waving at the camera, the compere taking of her regulator and grinning insanely and idiotically at the camera, we see the compere who was just a face with no brain sitting in an interview instead of making smart comments on the environment and marine ecosystem, we see the compere making dance moves in anticipation of another dive, the compere doing bicycle kick big time underwater instead of normal finning one would expect of a marine science graduate (Mr Baharim of UMT please take note on diver quality)…that’s about it. So much so that when Mahal Ko called to ask what I was doing, I said I was watching a comedy on TV3 while she said she was watching something on diving in Sipadan. I underscored the fact that that was the comedy I was watching.

To make matters worse, this so-called marine sciences graduate of KUSTEM wrongly identified each of the marine species she saw. A Hawksbill Turtle was wrongly identified as a Green Turtle which was wrongly translated into malay as Penyu Hijau, a Green Turtle was wrongly identified as a Hawksbill Turtle. I will not talk about the other species.

Whatever it is, the whole episode was an insult to my intelligence. The treatement could have been totally different. What it really was: 1) a promo for a certain dive center that probably wants to rebuild resorts on Sipadan, 2) a promo for the new compere of NONA (since the shots will be used in NONA) that has seen a drop in its viewer ratings since Normala Shamsudin left.

I would have gained more knowledge watching Southpark instead.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#55  Postby Ery » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:05 pm

thanks for sharing SD bro  :angel8:
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#56  Postby Bobo® » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:28 pm

FooKinFIN wrote:Well, I shall paste here an entry from my blog:

We were having a good seafood BBQ dinner at the dive center when Majalah 3 came on. It was about a revisit of Sipadan, the sustanence of the eco-system during the absence of the media, as compared to the first visit by Majalah 3 some 17 years ago. To make this particular documentary work, they had underwater cameraman Jasmi Shaari, who is a friend of mine to become a Director of Photography of sorts, the producer, and the compere of TV3’s Nona, Nurul Syuhada. They chose Nurul Syuhada probably due to two reasons: 1) she majored in Marine Sciences during her days at KUSTEM (now called University Malaysia Terengganu), and, 2) the host for Majalah 3 would look stupid in her tudung and sponsored baju kurung diving the waters off Sipadan.

Now…what would you expect from such a well-known and prestige TV documentary series? Definitely flashback shots of then and now to see if the ecosystem really has improved in the 17 years, the Marine Sciences graduate of KUSTEM talking more about the marine life she has encountered, and the impact each species has if they wither or prosper, and recommendations to the Sabah State Government for the maintenance of the area.

What did we get? We see tourists waving at the camera, the compere waving at the camera, the compere taking of her regulator and grinning insanely and idiotically at the camera, we see the compere who was just a face with no brain sitting in an interview instead of making smart comments on the environment and marine ecosystem, we see the compere making dance moves in anticipation of another dive, the compere doing bicycle kick big time underwater instead of normal finning one would expect of a marine science graduate (Mr Baharim of UMT please take note on diver quality)…that’s about it. So much so that when Mahal Ko called to ask what I was doing, I said I was watching a comedy on TV3 while she said she was watching something on diving in Sipadan. I underscored the fact that that was the comedy I was watching.

To make matters worse, this so-called marine sciences graduate of KUSTEM wrongly identified each of the marine species she saw. A Hawksbill Turtle was wrongly identified as a Green Turtle which was wrongly translated into malay as Penyu Hijau, a Green Turtle was wrongly identified as a Hawksbill Turtle. I will not talk about the other species.

Whatever it is, the whole episode was an insult to my intelligence. The treatement could have been totally different. What it really was: 1) a promo for a certain dive center that probably wants to rebuild resorts on Sipadan, 2) a promo for the new compere of NONA (since the shots will be used in NONA) that has seen a drop in its viewer ratings since Normala Shamsudin left.

and some sought of coral initiative society president is behind all this comedy show... hmmm make me wonder....
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#57  Postby dp » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:59 pm

FooKinFIN wrote:
babyFin wrote:

maybe im their senior..

[/b] .....To make matters worse, this so-called marine sciences graduate of KUSTEM wrongly identified each of the marine species she saw. A Hawksbill Turtle was wrongly identified as a Green Turtle which was wrongly translated into malay as Penyu Hijau, a Green Turtle was wrongly identified as a Hawksbill Turtle. I will not talk about the other species.

[/i][/b]

Moral of the story?

Never admit that u studied marine science & bio marine at KUSTEM when u cant even name the marine species properly.

;) ;) ;) ;)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One woman brings you into this world crying.
The other ensures you continue to do so for the rest of your life...
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#58  Postby MACHA » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:33 pm

FooKinFIN wrote:
babyFin wrote:

maybe im their senior..

Acchhooo..attacking KUSTEM la....i oso got some but need more ammo la dey
Ive seen how these KUstem fellas learn diving la....NO INTEREST...at all  esp. marine science & bio marine...but there are some which im totally impressed.

After a few years spending time  with KUSTEM folks..conclusion, 80% students are more likely fixing to whom to get married there rather than education.....so SD way to go whackla...bimbo..hahahaha LOL...

KUSTEM ex no offence ya.....you know its true ;)
"A man needs a little madness or he never breaks the rope and goes free"......Zorba
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 1

Post Number:#59  Postby babyFin » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:35 pm

note : i was studying Accounting in Kustem ok.

before go further or wat..just letting u all know, i got nothing to do wit marine.. ;)

[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#60  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:07 pm

iusenoFIN wrote:and some sought of coral initiative society president is behind all this comedy show... hmmm make me wonder....

That one I thought is itikuek 25%'s stepmother??? :D :D :D
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Peninsular Malaysia