MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Thai / Vietnamese Wrex in Redang

Thai / Vietnamese Wrex in Redang

For all posts about wrecks - deep or shallow. Share all your wreck secrets here

Re: Thai / Vietnamese Wrex in Redang

Post Number:#61  Postby SeaDemon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:18 am

Hello yeye.

Please introduce yourself in the Introduction section. We would like to get to know you better. ;)
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#62  Postby MACHA » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Dey Fellas....got some pics of Vietnamese Trawler vessels soon to be wreck at Pulau Kambing Harbor, Kuala Terengganu river, most of these are confiscated while fishing our waters late last year...thanx to our Coast Guard takin drastic action...these activity has been goin on ages, according to reports they've been terrorizing our island esp. Perhentian Besar seeking shelter in armadas with weapons ransacking  chalets for anything..another spot where they'll drop by is the Sea Turtle Research Unit SEATRU at Pasir Chagar Hutang in Redang during monsoon.

Ive seen some trawlers ( local & thai ) doing illegal activities in Redang & Bidong during NE monsoon..due to bad weather the Marine Park authorithies having difficulties patrolling.

So fellas hopefully we'll have a few more dive spots in Redang..... ;)

personally...they make good ships, solid....
"A man needs a little madness or he never breaks the rope and goes free"......Zorba
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 1

Post Number:#63  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:30 pm

Macha...that is true. I used to follow the police PX's and PZ's during the monsoon. A bit too much of waves to handle but the Thais and Vietnamese trawlers are out there simply because the big fishes are out there. That is why I love diving during the monsoon..all the big guys come out to play.

Apart from Redang and Perhentian where they steal stuff from chalets and all that, they also bomb fish at Pasir Pengkalan at Bidong. You can see lots of dead fish and craters litter the area just where they normally shelter from the stormy seas.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#64  Postby MACHA » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:00 am

SeaFar KingDemon Raptus Regaliter wrote:Macha...that is true. I used to follow the police PX's and PZ's during the monsoon. A bit too much of waves to handle but the Thais and Vietnamese trawlers are out there simply because the big fishes are out there. That is why I love diving during the monsoon..all the big guys come out to play.

Apart from Redang and Perhentian where they steal stuff from chalets and all that, they also bomb fish at Pasir Pengkalan at Bidong. You can see lots of dead fish and craters litter the area just where they normally shelter from the stormy seas.

Monsoon is 1 of the best time to dive...correct! maybe we can plan something during monsoon at Redang, can stay at village ;)
"A man needs a little madness or he never breaks the rope and goes free"......Zorba
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#65  Postby ikan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:13 pm

MACHA wrote:
Monsoon is 1 of the best time to dive...correct! maybe we can plan something during monsoon at Redang, can stay at village ;)

Hmmm .. put my name in the confirmed list .. hahahhahahah
if u are going to be dumb, u better be tough ....
ikan
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#66  Postby dp » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm

ikan wrote:
MACHA wrote:

Hmmm .. put my name in the confirmed list .. hahahhahahah

nak itut nak itut...
One woman brings you into this world crying.
The other ensures you continue to do so for the rest of your life...
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#67  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:43 pm

MACHA wrote:
SeaFar KingDemon Raptus Regaliter wrote:Macha...that is true. I used to follow the police PX's and PZ's during the monsoon. A bit too much of waves to handle but the Thais and Vietnamese trawlers are out there simply because the big fishes are out there. That is why I love diving during the monsoon..all the big guys come out to play.

Hahaha...bro, whack la. Count me in!
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#68  Postby maritimer » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:40 pm

Nice to know our marine & dive community get to enjoy our efforts..  :)

These intruders were sighted by the RMAF B200T and there was a swift follow-up by MMEA, Jab Perikanan.
They were duly prosecuted & convicted.

At the moment, there are few more foreign vessels awaitG court proceedings.
If all goes well... then we'll have some more of these sunken losers!

So lets Dive more, Relax & have loads of fun watchG them ;)
maritimer
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

More fishing boats to be sunk off Bidong as diving wrecks

Post Number:#69  Postby timyang » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:53 am

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Tuesday/National/2055667/Article/index_html

KUALA TERENGGANU: They came to illegally fish off Malaysian waters. But, as it turns out, the foreign fishermen will be helping marine life instead.
All the boats seized from them in the state would be sunk in waters off the coast, to be turned into artificial reefs.

At present, these boats, some of which are rotting away, are tied up at the Sungai Terengganu rivermouth in Pulau Duyong.

Rather then let them remain an eyesore, the state Fisheries Department plans to sink them around Pulau Bidong near the underwater gallery.

It is understood the boats will be sunk next year after the monsoon season passes.
State Fisheries director Munir Mohd Nawi said the sunken vessels would also act as a fish aggregating device, as it would attract different species to the boats.

"Fishing is off limits around the island because it is a marine park.

"The sunken vessels will attract many species of fish and the area will be a paradise for divers," he said after the sinking of 33 cement cuboids to create artificial reefs, here, yesterday.

The cement cuboids, weighing 12 tonnes each, were sunk 2.5 nautical miles from Batu Buruk beach.

This represents the second of five packages of artificial reefs, costing RM1 million, to run from Besut to Dungun. The first package was sunk in Marang.

Malaysian Coral Reef Conservation Society president Jamhariah Jaafar said it was a great idea as it would mean the gallery could add another zone to the ones that had been proposed.

"As it is, the gallery is tourism-centric and the vessels would be an additional boost. The sinking of the vessels must be planned properly.

"I'm looking forward to working with the department," she said.
timyang

Topic author

Re: More fishing boats to be sunk off Bidong as diving wrecks

Post Number:#70  Postby Adzri » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:51 pm

Thanks Tim... for the info

Good news for us divers.
Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#71  Postby Bobo® » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:58 pm

Tim Yang wrote:"I'm looking forward to working with the department," she said.

RMs RMs RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  $$$$$$ hehehe....
Dive Tenggara Adventure [1696725-D] twitter - @divetenggara
Need Seac-Sub, Pelican, Fantasea Line, DAN Insurance, call me www.divetenggara.com :: 019-2121109 :: info@divetenggara.com
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#72  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:16 pm

het harde geslacht van Bobo wrote:

RMs RMs RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  RMs RMs  $$$$$$ hehehe....

Baht Baht  Baht  Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht hehehe....

And thank you to our RMAF's Maritime Squadron flying those B200Ts.

Make sure yur CO flies too during Hari Raya  :D :D :D :D :D

BTW who's your CO?

And since when did Bidong become a Marine Park?
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#73  Postby Bobo® » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:49 pm

Maha Uparaja Boworn Maha Vichaicharn Phi Thalay na Ayutthaya wrote:And since when did Bidong become a Marine Park?

since spazm and accord buruk step sister take charge the Ringgit Malaysian Coral Reef Conservation Society hehehe
Dive Tenggara Adventure [1696725-D] twitter - @divetenggara
Need Seac-Sub, Pelican, Fantasea Line, DAN Insurance, call me www.divetenggara.com :: 019-2121109 :: info@divetenggara.com
Bobo®
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#74  Postby maritimer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:23 pm

Maha Uparaja Boworn Maha Vichaicharn Phi Thalay na Ayutthaya wrote:

Baht Baht  Baht  Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht Baht hehehe....

And thank you to our RMAF's Maritime Squadron flying those B200Ts.2
Make sure yur CO flies too during Hari Raya  :D :D :D :D :D

BTW who's your CO?

CO 16 sqn Lt Kol Dzul Ahmad sir.. wished all of us Selamat Hari Raya :D

Baht Baht Baht Dong Dong Dong Dong Dong Dong.............
maritimer
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#75  Postby MACHA » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:27 pm

Maha Uparaja Boworn Maha Vichaicharn Phi Thalay na Ayutthaya wrote:And since when did Bidong become a Marine Park?

since spazm and accord buruk step sister take charge the Ringgit Malaysian Coral Reef Conservation Society hehehe

:D :D :D kah kah kah...enuff la dey, BTW the other benefit of these wrecx placed at Marine Park boundaries, to avoid those Pukat Tunda or Trawler Net vessels operating...they dont want their trawler net entangled on it...hahaha...seen it at artificial reef in Redang...good for them..big tauke headache oredi
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#76  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:43 pm

MACHA wrote:

:D :D :D kah kah kah...enuff la dey, BTW the other benefit of these wrecx placed at Marine Park boundaries, to avoid those Pukat Tunda or Trawler Net vessels operating...they dont want their trawler net entangled on it...hahaha...seen it at artificial reef in Redang...good for them..big tauke headache oredi

Bro...come November those people do BA BA BOOM at Pasir Pengkalan...old old the trawlers also break  :D
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#77  Postby MACHA » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:12 pm

To date the 3 wrecks at Redang now are home to a few species of marine life...

Bristle tail Filefish / Acreichtys tomentosum i assumed, hangin out at the transom

Lotsa Painted Cardinalfish Archamia fucata resting...?

Resident Whiptail Ray Himantura jenkinski underneath the hull at starboard.

The Volitans species

Them lionfishes ( Pterois Voiltans ) are living happily in 3 colonies at the 1st 2 wrecks...in the past
    3 months they're growing quite fast..they're not much of brown spotted groupers which happens to be
    their natural nemesis.
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#78  Postby roguetrip74 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:13 pm

MACHA wrote:Good news! Last month the malaysian maritime sunk 3 Vietnamese / Thai made Fishing vessel which was apprehended last year. I manage to get the location & tommorow Im  heading there  with my DMs for a recce dive its about 2 km from the island.The spot is about 22-25m & its exposed to tidal current.Each wreck is about 50-60m distance...anyway its still early to determine it as a dive spot.I'll update ya'll about it

namaste  ;) ;)

Hi Macha,

How did the recce go??  Are the wrecks intact?  Sounds very interesting.....wanna go la.
Running Deep,Running Silent
roguetrip74
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#79  Postby MACHA » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:32 pm

roguetrip74 wrote:
MACHA wrote:Good news! Last month the malaysian maritime sunk 3 Vietnamese / Thai made Fishing vessel which was apprehended last year. I manage to get the location & tommorow Im  heading there  with my DMs for a recce dive its about 2 km from the island.The spot is about 22-25m & its exposed to tidal current.Each wreck is about 50-60m distance...anyway its still early to determine it as a dive spot.I'll update ya'll about it

namaste  ;) ;)

Hi Macha,

How did the recce go??  Are the wrecks intact?  Sounds very interesting.....wanna go la.

Hi roguetrip74....wreck still intact & should have more marine life by now esp. after Monsoon...come to redang next year I'll bring you!

;)
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#80  Postby roguetrip74 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:16 pm

MACHA wrote:
roguetrip74 wrote:

namaste  ;) ;)

Hi Macha,

Hi roguetrip74....wreck still intact & should have more marine life by now esp. after Monsoon...come to redang next year I'll bring you!

;)

Cool. :glasses9:
Running Deep,Running Silent
roguetrip74
Diver
Diver

Previous

Return to Wreck Diving