MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Portuguese Ship Wreck found

Portuguese Ship Wreck found

For all posts about wrecks - deep or shallow. Share all your wreck secrets here

Re: Portuguese Ship Wreck found

Post Number:#31  Postby SeaDemon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:02 am

The guys from hydrography dept TLDM helps us a lot on our research.however they're sooooo hard to notice their effort and contributions..only those who have work with them they'll know about it. FOR THOSE WHO SAID MALAYSIA DOESN'T HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY, IS AN IDIOT!!  >:(  

Name me a person or organisation that actually said that.

A magnetometer or magenetic anomaly device (MAD) is more suitable if you are looking for ferrous materials down there, especially if you are treasure hunting, and of course a sub-bottom profiler would be best if you want to see what is actually buried there. My interest would just be a wreck that has "character"...modern ones. So a 3-D sonar would normally suffice.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#32  Postby SeaDemon » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:03 am

"Wrecks in the Malacca Strait" would be too general. There are thousands of wrecks in the Malacca strait.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#33  Postby nautallica » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:07 am

The guys from hydrography dept TLDM helps us a lot on our research.however they're sooooo hard to notice their effort and contributions..only those who have work with them they'll know about it. FOR THOSE WHO SAID MALAYSIA DOESN'T HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY, IS AN IDIOT!!  >:(  

A magnetometer or magenetic anomaly device (MAD) is more suitable if you are looking for ferrous materials down there, especially if you are treasure hunting, and of course a sub-bottom profiler would be best if you want to see what is actually buried there. My interest would just be a wreck that has "character"...modern ones. So a 3-D sonar would normally suffice.

yup yeap yap...right on dude...u want name and organization?  ;) i think u'll find it yourself...common we're malaysian have all the tech and gadget why bother look for outsiders.....malaysia boleh what? yeahhhh :D
nautallica

Topic author

Post Number:#34  Postby nautallica » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:08 am

"Wrecks in the Malacca Strait" would be too general. There are thousands of wrecks in the Malacca strait.

:-/ yea tak yea jugak ehh...ok let's just stick to the main topic then hehehehe
nautallica

Topic author

Post Number:#35  Postby bubble » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:14 pm

Visibility is less then 1m

great dive at melaka

i will prefer seat down and take ice kacang while  watching  you all dive

bubble, can i join u? i bring keropok lekor..:D

Welcome to join me

hahaha.
bubble

Topic author

Post Number:#36  Postby nautallica » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:38 pm

:)just some info want to share....the ship was arrive in malacca that time..i mean in 1509 are nau class, caravel class and some small junk...hmmm and since the first fleet that left from lisbon from 1490's till 1556...somewhat 1723 :o fleets...don't know how many in the fleet maybe 5 ships, 6 ships or 10 ships...every fleets will have a flagship...anyone here knew about the armada please do share....so now 2007..lets say maybe average 2 or 5 ships sank in a year and count it till 600 years....you might be surprise the amount...but not all sank in melaka straits...well something like that.. ;)
nautallica

Topic author

Post Number:#37  Postby wing0112 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:55 pm

dont get angry lah.. i think u guys got wrong perception, for me i think Malaysia has all the gadget and technology just that dont have expertise as all leaving the country to work with others that provide higher salary.. example.. we produce architects but our architects leaving Malaysia to work at overseas.
wing0112

Topic author

Post Number:#38  Postby nautallica » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:06 pm

dont get angry lah.. i think u guys got wrong perception, for me i think Malaysia has all the gadget and technology just that dont have expertise as all leaving the country to work with others that provide higher salary.. example.. we produce architects but our architects leaving Malaysia to work at overseas.

yeap totally agree..... 8-)
nautallica

Topic author

Post Number:#39  Postby SeaDemon » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:54 pm

Aiyo..who's angry?
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#40  Postby IkanBilis » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:23 pm

The attitude of Malaysians towards archeology, artifacts and antiquities is the one of "Tidak Apa" (Apathy) and "Entah ler" (Ignorance). Very sad indeed. In other countries, especially in Europe and America, museums are packed with visitors almost everyday.

British Museum in London have long lines especially during the weekends, Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam are always filled with visitors, that sometimes the visitors to certain sections have to be limited because the climate control system cannot cope. New York's Metropolitan Museum are so huge that the skeleton of a brontosaurus can be assembled standing full height in the main lobby.

Sadly, when I was there, among the hundred over members in our excursion from Malaysia to those cities, only 2 or 3 persons who would be interested to visit these museums.

In Malaysia, not many people know that the Stadthuys (Dutch, pronounced "StateHouse"), the red Dutch building in Melaka actually housed a museum. Local visitors to museums are so little, that our museums looked dead. Maintenance of the artifacts and antiquities are non-existant in most cases, and when not in display are just stacked in the storeroom exposed to mildew and moisture.

THe effort taken by the Melaka Govt. to excavate part of the original wall of the A'Formosa (The Famous) fort is noble indeed, but there were certain quarters who said that the govt. is wasting taxpayers money. What these people are doing is trying to uncover the history of our country, the way of life then, by examining the artefacts and the remains.

I believe if some were to uncover a sunken chinese junk or a portugese galleon in our waters, the parties who would be interested to excavate and categorize the findings, would be foreigners and maybe universities. The general public would only shrug their shoulders and say "Apa mereka buat tu?" (What are they doing?") "Entah ler" (I don't know).
IkanBilis

Topic author

Post Number:#41  Postby wing0112 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:14 pm

urm... well sorry if i am offending any1 for this following statement (my own personal opinions all this years) when i was at standard 6, i start to read form 1 history book and always fancy about history and i always read a year ahead of history coz cant seem to get enough of it and i always get A (fu-yoh, sorry self applause system) then when it come to Malaysia history... my score drop like sh*t... i couldnt find the interest in it and i was thinking whether is it the author problem or we dont really have much history to tell or we still didnt uncover many of the history (leave out the WW thingy as this WW thingy made me read back history but it didnt say much on how our hero fought for our country, sad) we dont have ancient history like China with its warring states, europe the rise of the romans and other etchnic, Japanese with its samurai thingy. Even Paleolitik is more interesting than Ancient Malaysia History. The only thing that i remember about Malaysia ancient history is.. some1 kick takraw (the round small ball made of bamboo or whatever) hit a royalties and he got executed. Is this to show the Keagungan (this 1 i dont know how to translate) of that guy or to show the brutality? and also remember Temengong Jugah anak Barieng. but luckily i still got credit for my history in SPM as my history teacher was the revision book author. hahaha so since then i didnt study much of our history and lose track of it. but still i have interest in history. all i can say we have less history life span compare to others.

museum... the first and last time i went to it were when they are doing the hantu exhibition and to my dissapointment.. some of the picture i already saw it in internet few years ago. But there is 1 exhibitions that i would like to see which is the torture machine of the europeand like lady of death, the girl thingy machine... but too sad it was held in other state.. recently the museum is undergoin the so call state of the art renovation but how many people know? do you kwno when our museum  reopen again? sad right....

thats what i think but i still interested in retrieving wrecks artifacts and to know the ship history before it sunks... ;D ;D sorry ar a bit out of topics....
wing0112

Topic author

Post Number:#42  Postby nautallica » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:58 am

The attitude of Malaysians towards archeology, artifacts and antiquities is the one of "Tidak Apa" (Apathy) and "Entah ler" (Ignorance). Very sad indeed. In other countries, especially in Europe and America, museums are packed with visitors almost everyday.

British Museum in London have long lines especially during the weekends, Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam are always filled with visitors, that sometimes the visitors to certain sections have to be limited because the climate control system cannot cope. New York's Metropolitan Museum are so huge that the skeleton of a brontosaurus can be assembled standing full height in the main lobby.

Sadly, when I was there, among the hundred over members in our excursion from Malaysia to those cities, only 2 or 3 persons who would be interested to visit these museums.

In Malaysia, not many people know that the Stadthuys (Dutch, pronounced "StateHouse"), the red Dutch building in Melaka actually housed a museum. Local visitors to museums are so little, that our museums looked dead. Maintenance of the artifacts and antiquities are non-existant in most cases, and when not in display are just stacked in the storeroom exposed to mildew and moisture.

THe effort taken by the Melaka Govt. to excavate part of the original wall of the A'Formosa (The Famous) fort is noble indeed, but there were certain quarters who said that the govt. is wasting taxpayers money. What these people are doing is trying to uncover the history of our country, the way of life then, by examining the artefacts and the remains.

I believe if some were to uncover a sunken chinese junk or a portugese galleon in our waters, the parties who would be interested to excavate and categorize the findings, would be foreigners and maybe universities. The general public would only shrug their shoulders and say "Apa mereka buat tu?" (What are they doing?") "Entah ler" (I don't know).

sad but true bro....sad but true.... :'(
nautallica

Topic author

Post Number:#43  Postby nautallica » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:59 am

urm... well sorry if i am offending any1 for this following statement (my own personal opinions all this years) when i was at standard 6, i start to read form 1 history book and always fancy about history and i always read a year ahead of history coz cant seem to get enough of it and i always get A (fu-yoh, sorry self applause system) then when it come to Malaysia history... my score drop like sh*t... i couldnt find the interest in it and i was thinking whether is it the author problem or we dont really have much history to tell or we still didnt uncover many of the history (leave out the WW thingy as this WW thingy made me read back history but it didnt say much on how our hero fought for our country, sad) we dont have ancient history like China with its warring states, europe the rise of the romans and other etchnic, Japanese with its samurai thingy. Even Paleolitik is more interesting than Ancient Malaysia History. The only thing that i remember about Malaysia ancient history is.. some1 kick takraw (the round small ball made of bamboo or whatever) hit a royalties and he got executed. Is this to show the Keagungan (this 1 i dont know how to translate) of that guy or to show the brutality? and also remember Temengong Jugah anak Barieng. but luckily i still got credit for my history in SPM as my history teacher was the revision book author. hahaha so since then i didnt study much of our history and lose track of it. but still i have interest in history. all i can say we have less history life span compare to others.

museum... the first and last time i went to it were when they are doing the hantu exhibition and to my dissapointment.. some of the picture i already saw it in internet few years ago. But there is 1 exhibitions that i would like to see which is the torture machine of the europeand like lady of death, the girl thingy machine... but too sad it was held in other state.. recently the museum is undergoin the so call state of the art renovation but how many people know? do you kwno when our museum  reopen again? sad right....

thats what i think but i still interested in retrieving wrecks artifacts and to know the ship history before it sunks... ;D ;D sorry ar a bit out of topics....

nope it's never out of topic...really touched that there are malaysian still have the love in their malaysia heritage...from the bottom of my heart I LOVE YOU ALL!!! :'(
nautallica

Topic author

Post Number:#44  Postby putradiver » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:55 pm

I guess u guys are right, we never learn history and be it to learn from the past.  It's the Malaysian style, we had never really archieve things and make it a history.  Had u seen any journals or memoirs from our warriors?  not that much, right?  the recent battles fought by our malaysian army, such as the Bakhara Market Operation, the story of the officer s taken as hostage during UN mission, during the confrontation with the Indonesian, fighting the communist terrorist and back to the WW2 till the Melaka, Johor Riau, Patani empire...  this hasn't accounted the contribution by individuals to the nations for independence and development?

I had dived with mr Stern Sjostrand taking some photos for his project at Wanli Wrecks (had been documented and published by the Museum).  It seems that the europeans who are archieving and documeting for us coz we don't really have that much intrest untill he had found most of the ming dynasty wrecks with their treasures (porcelains)

Wake up Malaysian!!!  Love ur herritage, Save ur Herritage.

Inconjuction of the national Day spirit.   ;)
Last edited by putradiver on Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
putradiver
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#45  Postby babyFin » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:11 am

deepblu wrote:32 meters...diveable.... ::)

yuz wrote:bestttnya bila boleh gii niii... ;D ;D ;D

count me in! keep me updated if u guys are orgynizing a dive on this.. :toothy10:
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#46  Postby Ery » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:05 am

Action speaks louder than words.
Ery
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#47  Postby joe » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:42 pm

like tomb rider huh  :glasses9:

SEASIR wrote:Bila lagi MUW GROUP nak tubuhkan pasukan pencari dan penyelamat barang2........ ;)

banyak lagi Ship Wreck yang belum dijumpai....portugis, belanda, british, bugis, china, arab

india, dan kapal2 saudagar melayu yang tak terhitung banyaknya... ::)

translation:
So when MUW group would like to form up a search/salvage team?
There are plenty of ship wrecks around, Portuguese, Dutch, British, Bugis, China, Arab, India and Malays.

by joetahir
joe
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#48  Postby nautallica » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:38 am

joe wrote:like tomb rider huh  :glasses9:

SEASIR wrote:Bila lagi MUW GROUP nak tubuhkan pasukan pencari dan penyelamat barang2........ ;)

banyak lagi Ship Wreck yang belum dijumpai....portugis, belanda, british, bugis, china, arab

india, dan kapal2 saudagar melayu yang tak terhitung banyaknya... ::)

translation:
So when MUW group would like to form up a search/salvage team?
There are plenty of ship wrecks around, Portuguese, Dutch, British, Bugis, China, Arab, India and Malays.

salam to all,
sori lama tak masuk blog agak sibuk sikit....hehehhe...boleh buat salvage team ape salahnya asalkan tak menyalahi undang-undang yang sedia ada dan mematuhi peraturan dalam penyelaman arkeologi bawahair....
"Live To Win, Dare To Fail"
nautallica
Diver
Diver

Previous

Return to Wreck Diving