MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Side Scan Sonar

Side Scan Sonar

For all posts about wrecks - deep or shallow. Share all your wreck secrets here

Side Scan Sonar

Post Number:#1  Postby antigravity » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Does anyone know where in Malaysia can I rent a side-scan sonar which can be linked to a laptop, that can generate a 3D drawing of the scanned area underwater? There is this company called Starfish in the UK that is selling their units for 2300 pounds. Mahal lah. Does anyone know anyone who has one? I just need to use it once.
Anti Gravity Divers, Koh Lanta
antigravity
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Side Scan Sonar

Post Number:#2  Postby stupidhead » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:42 pm

antigravity wrote:Does anyone know where in Malaysia can I rent a side-scan sonar which can be linked to a laptop, that can generate a 3D drawing of the scanned area underwater? There is this company called Starfish in the UK that is selling their units for 2300 pounds. Mahal lah. Does anyone know anyone who has one? I just need to use it once.

i think there's one where i am... perhaps a bit far from where u r... and it's in private hand so i don't know about rental... but if you can share what you wants it for perhaps there is room for collaboration...
stupidhead
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby Spazm » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:09 pm

stupidhead wrote:
antigravity wrote:Does anyone know where in Malaysia can I rent a side-scan sonar which can be linked to a laptop, that can generate a 3D drawing of the scanned area underwater? There is this company called Starfish in the UK that is selling their units for 2300 pounds. Mahal lah. Does anyone know anyone who has one? I just need to use it once.

i think there's one where i am... perhaps a bit far from where u r... and it's in private hand so i don't know about rental... but if you can share what you wants it for perhaps there is room for collaboration...

Treasure Hunting??..:)
Substance over matter , Diver behind the dive.....
Spazm
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#4  Postby antigravity » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:56 am

Spazm wrote:
stupidhead wrote:

Treasure Hunting??..:)

No, it's nothing like that. Just discovered a wreck off the coast of Kota Bharu, The Awazisan Maru (read my post in the forum) and I want to get a sonar scan of it. Where are you based?
Anti Gravity Divers, Koh Lanta
antigravity
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby stupidhead » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:35 pm

miri...
stupidhead
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby densim » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:27 pm

stupidhead wrote:
miri...

I have a Forward Looking Sonar (Inter Phase Sea Scout), max 2,000 ft forward with about 120 deg view. It has done me a very great job for years when I was based in E. Msia.

It is for sale to interested party.

Kong, are you refering to Tommy's unit. He got poisoned by me.
densim
Diver
Diver

Return to Wreck Diving