MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Wreck of liberty ship near Singapore?

Wreck of liberty ship near Singapore?

For all posts about wrecks - deep or shallow. Share all your wreck secrets here

Wreck of liberty ship near Singapore?

Post Number:#1  Postby Geir » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:55 am

Hello,
I am doing some research concerning a liberty ship my grandfather served on for
some time during the war. It was built as Horace H. Harvey, later Valley
Forge and ran aground near Mapor in 1959. The map at recntec.com seems to give a location somewhere between Bintan and Mapor, but the scale is rather large so it could be anywhere.
This research started with a post on thedecostop.com, which led me to recntec.com who had it in their database, but they were not aware if anybody had dived there and directed me to your website. What I would like to know is if this wreck is still there (yet another poster on TDS suggests it has been salvaged ) if you are aware if anybody has dived there, pictures available etc.
I would really appreciate if you could help me with this.

Yours
Geir Jørgensen
Norway
Geir

Topic author

Re: Wreck of liberty ship near Singapore?

Post Number:#2  Postby GOD » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:12 am

Hi Geir,

I did ask around to find out more about the wreck you looking for....no positive answer.

Sorry about that, maybe you could ask Mr. Vidar from MV. Empress LOB ... he organize wreck diving trip around this region & been doing wreck diving for more then 15yrs in this region.

Do let me know if you need his contact no. by PM.

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby flying_tapir » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:07 pm

i think i got the magazine bout this wreck..yeah, its in my scuba diver magazine tht i bought recently.. ;)
flying_tapir

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby GOD » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:34 am

i think i got the magazine bout this wreck..yeah, its in my scuba diver magazine tht i bought recently.. ;)

That is great Flying Tapir .... PM the guy with the information that you have.

Anything interesting about this wreck? ... Hey why dont you write something about it, I did be interested to know about it.

Thanks.

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby flying_tapir » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:13 pm

That is great Flying Tapir .... PM the guy with the information that you have.

Anything interesting about this wreck? ... Hey why dont you write something about it, I did be interested to know about it.

Thanks.

;D

soon bro..ill share with u all.since im under lots of stress..lots of work..but ill do it..whn i hv free time..
flying_tapir

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby Geir » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:36 am

Hi,
I'm still interested if anybody have any info of this wreck  :)
Geir

Topic author

Return to Wreck Diving