MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Two naval ships to be sunk off Redang and Tioman next year as artificial reefs

Two naval ships to be sunk off Redang and Tioman next year as artificial reefs

For all posts about wrecks - deep or shallow. Share all your wreck secrets here

Re: Two naval ships to be sunk off Redang and Tioman next year as artificial reefs

Post Number:#31  Postby Scorpenesub » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:08 am

Bonjour,

Yea...all of you are right.... I was reminded many times not to attempt even the shallowest Repulse section unless I take up tech diving..... [-(

Guess Repulse will have to wait for me....
Stealth is success
Scorpenesub
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Re: Two naval ships to be sunk off Redang and Tioman next year as artificial ree

Post Number:#32  Postby dp » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:56 am

Nizaha wrote:
SeaDemon wrote:I say man, people. Be adventurous la. Everything including diving comes with some risks. If you drink a bottle of budu like me before the dive, then take recreational Nitrox. Use a 32% mix.

Using a PPO2 of 2.0 you can go down to 52m. That is good enough for the Repulse.

The Repulse is a good dive site. As long as you are an Advanced Open Water diver with Nitrox certification, you can dive there. With 32% Nitrox.

But don't say this came from me la. :D :D :D :D :D

Hi SD..

I can see myself watching the Pink Elephant dancing around the torpedo holes....hhahhaa :D :D :D

Thot PPO2 of 2.0 would get you closer to knocking on heaven's door ?

Have yet to try the budu and 32% combo tho. ;)
One woman brings you into this world crying.
The other ensures you continue to do so for the rest of your life...
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Two naval ships to be sunk off Redang and Tioman next year as artificial ree

Post Number:#33  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:36 pm

Nizaha wrote:
SeaDemon wrote:I say man, people. Be adventurous la. Everything including diving comes with some risks. If you drink a bottle of budu like me before the dive, then take recreational Nitrox. Use a 32% mix.

Using a PPO2 of 2.0 you can go down to 52m. That is good enough for the Repulse.

The Repulse is a good dive site. As long as you are an Advanced Open Water diver with Nitrox certification, you can dive there. With 32% Nitrox.

But don't say this came from me la. :D :D :D :D :D

Hi SD..

I can see myself watching the Pink Elephant dancing around the torpedo holes....hhahhaa :D :D :D

Hahahaha...bro. I'm sure. You either see them because of N2 Narc or you don't see them at all for O2 Tox  :D :D :D :D :D

But of course, diving, as with other sports, comes with risks. Take it!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#34  Postby jgshuwei » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:17 pm

mocha wrote:
scorpenesub wrote:Bonsoir SeaDemon,

Are you pulling deepblu's leg here? [glow=red,2,300]Unless you go nitrox[/glow], by the time you reach the top most portion wreck of repulse, it is time to start your ascend given your limited air supply at 42 metres. Then with all the decom stops....you would have seen literally little of the wreck itself.....Unless you go twin tank.... :D :D :D

well....at EAN36 and PPO2= 1.4 your max depth would be about 28.9m and
EAN 32 and PPO2=1.4 your max depth would be about 33.7m....
so i dun think you can do a nitrox dive if max depth is at 42m... and if u go wif air, u have a mere 8 minutes before you burst your NDL....so, its your call whether u are 'fit' to dive PoW or Repulse...

EAN21
jgshuwei
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#35  Postby Scorpenesub » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:32 pm

jgshuwei wrote:
mocha wrote:
scorpenesub wrote:Bonsoir SeaDemon,
Are you pulling deepblu's leg here? [glow=red,2,300]Unless you go nitrox[/glow], by the time you reach the top most portion wreck of repulse, it is time to start your ascend given your limited air supply at 42 metres. Then with all the decom stops....you would have seen literally little of the wreck itself.....Unless you go twin tank.... :D :D :D

well....at EAN36 and PPO2= 1.4 your max depth would be about 28.9m and
EAN 32 and PPO2=1.4 your max depth would be about 33.7m....
so i dun think you can do a nitrox dive if max depth is at 42m... and if u go wif air, u have a mere 8 minutes before you burst your NDL....so, its your call whether u are 'fit' to dive PoW or Repulse...

EAN21

Yea, do EAN21 and live dangerously..... :D :D :D As SeaDemon has previously said, Take risk.... :D :D
Last edited by Scorpenesub on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stealth is success
Scorpenesub
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Re: Two naval ships to be sunk off Redang and Tioman next year as artificial reefs

Post Number:#36  Postby Nizaha » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:39 pm

Hey gangs.

Most sports now days have own risk, But you can prevent the risk and death by take proper course eapecially for this type of dives.. not to be Cowboy diver !!

Advanced divers with Nitrox cert going to Repulse. I don't think they're ready. [-( [-( [-(, Repulse is not for recreational diver.

Safe diving

Zaha
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#37  Postby Scorpenesub » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:42 pm

Nizaha wrote:Hey gangs.
Most sports now days have own risk, But you can prevent the risk and death by take proper course eapecially for this type of dives.. not to be Cowboy diver !!
Advanced divers with Nitrox cert going to Repulse. I don't think they're ready. [-( [-( [-(, Repulse is not for recreational diver.
Safe diving
Zaha

Joking only bro, I not going to do Repulse until I take tech course. Thanks for yor concern.
Stealth is success
Scorpenesub
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#38  Postby jgshuwei » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:00 pm

RM20 million....

I think better spend for environmental education is better.
jgshuwei
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#39  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:05 am

jgshuwei wrote:RM20 million....

I think better spend for environmental education is better.

You think so?

Think of the amount divers spend in total for their dive courses...multiplied by the number of divers in Malaysia.  They still trash corals and shoot fish in marine parks.

With the wrecks at least they don't get to trash corals and the more gung-ho ones get killed off.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#40  Postby HoleMaster » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:25 pm

Wah so scary man...im just an normal diver...could pls guide me what is the best course for diving at Repulse and POW? :glasses9:
Rilek la bai...agak2 la diving. Kang tersekat kat lubang susah plak
HoleMaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#41  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:47 pm

HoleMaster wrote:Wah so scary man...im just an normal diver...could pls guide me what is the best course for diving at Repulse and POW? :glasses9:

For you, since you are a normal diver, I'd recommend the Scuba Diver Course.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#42  Postby HoleMaster » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:12 am

SeaDemon wrote:
HoleMaster wrote:Wah so scary man...im just an normal diver...could pls guide me what is the best course for diving at Repulse and POW? :glasses9:

For you, since you are a normal diver, I'd recommend the Scuba Diver Course.

WoW SD...Scuba Diver Course can go Repulse and POW?  :glasses9:
Rilek la bai...agak2 la diving. Kang tersekat kat lubang susah plak
HoleMaster
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#43  Postby MACHA » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:45 am

Dey fellas..got nothing against wreck diving..but 20million RM to get this ship here.,achoo waste $ la...we stil have plenty of ships here...any old RMNavy will do...maybe the airforce Nuri's make better wreck...can get old destroyers from india..famous for scrap metal.
"A man needs a little madness or he never breaks the rope and goes free"......Zorba
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 1

Post Number:#44  Postby MT_Tanc » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:41 pm

SD,the scuba diver means what?whats the different with other type of diver? -me confused-
A good woman will do 70 chores around the house. Cooking and 69
MT_Tanc
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#45  Postby Scorpenesub » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:37 am

MACHA wrote:Dey fellas..got nothing against wreck diving..but 20million RM to get this ship here.,achoo waste $ la...we stil have plenty of ships here...any old RMNavy will do...maybe the airforce Nuri's make better wreck...can get old destroyers from india..famous for scrap metal.

I think the two ships probably cost RM20m after undergoing decontamination to remove toxic stuff from the ships. Ships headed for the scrap are normally "dirty" ships.
Stealth is success
Scorpenesub
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#46  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:15 pm

empty_tank wrote:SD,the scuba diver means what?whats the different with other type of diver? -me confused-

PADI Scuba Diver is a pre-entry level diving qualification that will enable you to dive under the supervision of a PADI professional (Divemaster, Assistant Instructor or Instructor) and is limited to a depth. A PADI Scuba Diver is not a qualified open water diver and is limited to a depth of 12m (instructors: correct me if I am wrong here - thank you).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#47  Postby MT_Tanc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:24 pm

wa
SeaDemon wrote:
empty_tank wrote:SD,the scuba diver means what?whats the different with other type of diver? -me confused-

PADI Scuba Diver is a pre-entry level diving qualification that will enable you to dive under the supervision of a PADI professional (Divemaster, Assistant Instructor or Instructor) and is limited to a depth. A PADI Scuba Diver is not a qualified open water diver and is limited to a depth of 12m (instructors: correct me if I am wrong here - thank you).

so the scuba diver course is cheapest than owd course la. am i rite?
MT_Tanc
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#48  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:29 pm

empty_tank wrote:wa
SeaDemon wrote:

Yes. You can do everything a qualified open water diver can do apart from the fact that you can only dive under the supervision of a dive pro, and you're limited to a depth of 12 meters. This certification is suitable for tourists who do not have time to take up the full open water course, or for children between 10-14 who attend organised diving camps.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#49  Postby MT_Tanc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:38 pm

SeaDemon wrote:
SeaDemon wrote:

Yes. You can do everything a qualified open water diver can do apart from the fact that you can only dive under the supervision of a dive pro, and you're limited to a depth of 12 meters. This certification is suitable for tourists who do not have time to take up the full open water course, or for children between 10-14 who attend organised diving camps.

thanks,SD.my instructor didnt taught me that.forgot maybe
MT_Tanc
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#50  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:18 pm

empty_tank wrote:
SeaDemon wrote:
SeaDemon wrote:

thanks,SD.my instructor didnt taught me that.forgot maybe

Ah, I think you made the right choice by doing Open Water Diver course.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#51  Postby roguetrip74 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:22 pm

That's good to know.  At least some decent wrecks.  Hope it's accessible to both rec and tec divers. :D :D

Cheers for the info
Running Deep,Running Silent
roguetrip74
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#52  Postby Snafu » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:36 am

I wonder what is the status with this Million Ringgit project ..... is it still a talk or something is being done to it?

:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#53  Postby Daniel Lim » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:16 pm

Thanks for the info buddy !!!!

:angel13:  Hope to hear the news soon.....
so we can go for  ship wreck dive  :D :D :D
Daniel Lim
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Previous

Return to Wreck Diving