MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Shipwreck Directory In Malaysia

Shipwreck Directory In Malaysia

For all posts about wrecks - deep or shallow. Share all your wreck secrets here

Shipwreck Directory In Malaysia

Post Number:#1  Postby Nizaha » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:27 am

Hey gangs.

It's anyone know who have all the track for the wreck around Malaysia.

Name of the Ship / Site
Ship and Site Information
Text description
GPS - confirmed (where noted)

Kind of usefull for MUW member to go dive around those wreck n future.

Ex: Tioman Island
( Sawadee Wreck )
Depth : 32mtr
Thai trolling fishing boat

Safe diving

Zaha
Last edited by Nizaha on Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Re: Shipwreck Directory In Malaysia

Post Number:#2  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:34 pm

I have la almost all with GPS coordinates confirmed and approximate.

But that one for me la....to find food (cari makan)  :D :D :D :D :D
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#3  Postby Nizaha » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:50 pm

SeaDemon wrote:I have la almost all with GPS coordinates confirmed and approximate.

But that one for me la....to find food (cari makan)  :D :D :D :D :D

hhahaha..Care for Sharing?  :$ :$ :$ :$

Zaha
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:59 pm

Hehehe..you come back we go la. There is one heavy cruiser off Port Klang at 105 meters depth.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#5  Postby Bones » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:11 pm

SD... write a book on it laaaa...... you are the authority ere wat... ;)
Fish out of water is like a diver with no air
Bones
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby putradiver » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:52 pm

Authority?  Hehehe.  Good luck SD.
putradiver
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby IkanBilis » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:12 am

FYI, a company has been entrusted by the Government of Malaysia to remove and clear off wrecks in several areas along Straits of Melaka, South China Sea and East Malaysia coast.

This is necessary to facilitate the movements of the new Scorpene class submarines that RMN has acquired. At present, I was made to understand, this company is looking for qualified divers to work with them. I can try to get more information, but I understand that the contract was directly negotiated with the Malaysian Government.

Two things can happen here, either divers will protest against the destruction and removal of these artificial reefs, or divers will work with the company to remove these wrecks.. depending on the diver's motivation - UW environment protection or MONEY...
[font=Freestyle Script][size=12px]IkanBilis in the shallows, under the jetty and near the shore,small and insignificant,too small to play in the deep, yet nice and crispy in nasi lemak. [/size][/font]
IkanBilis
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Location: Nilai, Negeri Sembilan and Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi, Sepang

Post Number:#8  Postby putradiver » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:17 am

IkanBilis wrote:FYI, a company has been entrusted by the Government of Malaysia to remove and clear off wrecks in several areas along Straits of Melaka, South China Sea and East Malaysia coast.

This is necessary to facilitate the movements of the new Scorpene class submarines that RMN has acquired. At present, I was made to understand, this company is looking for qualified divers to work with them. I can try to get more information, but I understand that the contract was directly negotiated with the Malaysian Government.

Two things can happen here, either divers will protest against the destruction and removal of these artificial reefs, or divers will work with the company to remove these wrecks.. depending on the diver's motivation - UW environment protection or MONEY...

It's not the money nor the environment issue here, it should be a national underwater herritage.  It's the history we are talking here..
putradiver
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby IkanBilis » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:27 am

putradiver wrote:
IkanBilis wrote:FYI, a company has been entrusted by the Government of Malaysia to remove and clear off wrecks in several areas along Straits of Melaka, South China Sea and East Malaysia coast.

It's not the money nor the environment issue here, it should be a national underwater herritage.  It's the history we are talking here..

I totally agree with you, some people have a different point of view of heritage, look at how many historical buildings torn down for the sake of development. Heritage and history means nothing to them..
[font=Freestyle Script][size=12px]IkanBilis in the shallows, under the jetty and near the shore,small and insignificant,too small to play in the deep, yet nice and crispy in nasi lemak. [/size][/font]
IkanBilis
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Location: Nilai, Negeri Sembilan and Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi, Sepang

Post Number:#10  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:33 am

Removing the non-essential wrecks that threatens navigation...that I am all for. War wrecks they cannot touch because those are protected.

Need divers? Let me know please. I don't have a 9-5 job.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#11  Postby putradiver » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:04 am

SeaDemon wrote:Removing the non-essential wrecks that threatens navigation...that I am all for. War wrecks they cannot touch because those are protected.

Need divers? Let me know please. I don't have a 9-5 job.

that I would considered.  Maybe might do the job too...hehehe.  But to me all wrecks do have their history no matter how new it is.  We should treat it wisely.
putradiver
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#12  Postby Nizaha » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:44 am

or just take photo and leave bubble.

Safe diving

Zaha
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby SOMBRE » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:15 am

Even though our country is new with this submarine thingy, its not right to clear all the wrecks even thouggh in Melacca Straits. Don't tell me if there are rocks or boulders etc all these have to go too. WHat is the use of those big "PING" system sonar etc.
Like Chalk and Cheese
SOMBRE
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#14  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:34 am

You PING (active sonar), people who are looking for you will know where you are. That is why the submarine is known as the "silent service."
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#15  Postby Da'a » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:48 am

Even though our country is new with this submarine thingy, its not right to clear all the wrecks even thouggh in Melacca Straits. Don't tell me if there are rocks or boulders etc all these have to go too. WHat is the use of those big "PING" system sonar etc.

is that mean the wrecks in redang, perhentian or other places need to be clear just to give way to this hi-tech submarine?

the submarine cannot 'cilok2'?

cilok = overtake or maneuver
I don't have fancy words to put here like yours. :)
Da'a
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#16  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:53 am

talk2daa wrote:

is that mean the wrecks in redang, perhentian or other places need to be clear just to give way to this hi-tech submarine?

the submarine cannot 'cilok2'?

cilok = overtake or maneuver

In order for the submarine to cilok, it would need precise hydrographic information and in our waters, shallow as it is at most parts, it is difficult to have precise hydrographic info. Removal of navigation hazards would be best.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#17  Postby Ozfish » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:20 am

wonder how much the contract to clear the wrecks/hazards are?....if we do need to clear the 'path' why then the other subs that has been plying our malacca straits for donkey years didn't do that b4. Smells fishy to me another 'project' to clear out the public money? ....
Ozfish
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#18  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:18 am

Ozfish wrote:wonder how much the contract to clear the wrecks/hazards are?....if we do need to clear the 'path' why then the other subs that has been plying our malacca straits for donkey years didn't do that b4. Smells fishy to me another 'project' to clear out the public money? ....

Because for donkey years those submarines did not have to sail into harbours or shallower waters etc and sail the more known areas of the deeper international waters of the straits but still there have been cases of underwater collision by foreign submarines before in our waters.

There are so many wrecks that the government has been trying to get the former owners to clear but to no avail. Most belong to smaller companies that simply collect insurance money and fold up.

Let's leave the politics out of this shall we? It's my money too...but those submarines we bought are far more expensive to sit down doing nothing in dry docks.

And ozfish, can we have an introduction of yourself, please? 45 posts later and so many items sold and you have not introduced yourself even.

Thank you,

MOD
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#19  Postby Nizaha » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:24 am

SeaDemon wrote:
Ozfish wrote:wonder how much the contract to clear the wrecks/hazards are?....if we do need to clear the 'path' why then the other subs that has been plying our malacca straits for donkey years didn't do that b4. Smells fishy to me another 'project' to clear out the public money? ....

Because for donkey years those submarines did not have to sail into harbours or shallower waters etc and sail the more known areas of the deeper international waters of the straits but still there have been cases of underwater collision by foreign submarines before in our waters.

There are so many wrecks that the government has been trying to get the former owners to clear but to no avail. Most belong to smaller companies that simply collect insurance money and fold up.

Let's leave the politics out of this shall we? It's my money too...but those submarines we bought are far more expensive to sit down doing nothing in dry docks.

SD..
Are you talking about the Dutch Sub we bought before !
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#20  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:29 am

Nizaha wrote:
SeaDemon wrote:

SD..
Are you talking about the Dutch Sub we bought before !

Zaha,

We never bought those subs. The NDC bought and tried to sell it but the Navy opted for the Scorpenes instead. The dutch subs have been sold for scrap.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#21  Postby Kapal Selam » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:56 pm

Did you guys talk about me or any of my relatives.... :P
Kapal Selam
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#22  Postby Da'a » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:59 pm

haha :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11:

i didnt notice u here kapal selam.
I don't have fancy words to put here like yours. :)
Da'a
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#23  Postby Ozfish » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:05 pm

Yo! Seademon.... chilll...i did intro myself da ( in jul31st) ..infact u did welcum me too...aiya
Ozfish
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#24  Postby Kapal Selam » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:08 pm

talk2daa wrote:haha :laughing11: :laughing11: :laughing11:

i didnt notice u here kapal selam.

Kapal Selam maa...must be silent la...nif Ii PING sana PING sini, lot of people will notice  :D
Kapal Selam
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#25  Postby sheik » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:16 pm

Ozfish wrote:Yo! Seademon.... chilll...i did intro myself da ( in jul31st) ..infact u did welcum me too...aiya

it's ok, seademon is fasting today.. and he must missed the blue waters of redang...

http://malaysianunderwater.com/smff/ind ... 673.0.html
Diving: A Serious Play
sheik
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#26  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:22 pm

Dang! I'm suffering from PDTD worse than I thought. Sorry Ozfish.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#27  Postby nautallica » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:44 am

everything that to do with underwater are all about money...name me one project that never include money? and i want to see how you live without it....relax it's just a phase....the project to clear and remove all the wrecks are simply called to secure the area where all the busy ship routes or for land reclaimanation...don't worry lah if they found any historic shipwreck they will inform the government and the responsible person will investigate the site and evaluate it for evidence...ok any questions regarding the history just ask me...i would like to help...well that's what the blog for isn't it? help each other out... salam..
"Live To Win, Dare To Fail"
nautallica
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#28  Postby Kapal Selam » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:21 pm

nautallica wrote:

...ok any questions regarding the history just ask me...i would like to help...well that's what the blog for isn't it? help each other out... salam..

Since you mentioned, I got this confusing statement in our history....was it true that the keris Taming Sari  used by Hang Tuah was thrown in the Melaka River? Then if it's true, what are the chances to search for it using all the possible technologies we have today? I believe it's worth the money....he he he...it's about  money again...
Kapal Selam
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#29  Postby nautallica » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:46 am

Kapal Selam wrote:
nautallica wrote:

...ok any questions regarding the history just ask me...i would like to help...well that's what the blog for isn't it? help each other out... salam..

Since you mentioned, I got this confusing statement in our history....was it true that the keris Taming Sari  used by Hang Tuah was thrown in the Melaka River? Then if it's true, what are the chances to search for it using all the possible technologies we have today? I believe it's worth the money....he he he...it's about  money again...

;) say bro...thanks for the question..ok i have a trivia for you...why hang tuah story so similar to the excalibur punya story...king arthur threw his sword to the lake and hang tuah threw his keris to the river...and one more thing both of them up til now...nobody can verify thier existence.....get me? and why our dear Sultan Perak claimed that he got the Taming Sari...as the matter of fact the keris have never been found...since somewhat 500 years ago...and why some Malaysian claim that they're the decendense of Hang Tuah..but when you go to Melaka you only found the grave Hang Jebat, Hang Kasturi, Hang Lekiu and Hang Lekir ONLY... but where's Hang Tuah? don't worry la just leave that question to me to pening...you just have fun ok bro...happy diving with hang tuah punyer semangat hehehehe
"Live To Win, Dare To Fail"
nautallica
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#30  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:48 pm

Where is Hang Tuah?

She is still in Lumut waiting to be decommissioned. :D
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Wreck Diving