MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - MV ICL Vikraman or MV California

MV ICL Vikraman or MV California

For all posts about wrecks - deep or shallow. Share all your wreck secrets here

Re: MV ICL Vikraman or MV California

Post Number:#31  Postby SeaDemon » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:39 pm

Okay...MV California (the one near Melaka) is out la. Firstly, nak kena ada Marine Dept punya permission to dive there sebab still in pre-salvage state. Secondly, the two dives is gonna cost each of us RM840.00.

So tinggal MV ICL Vikraman.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#32  Postby Jim » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:33 am

ade kerja kosong for salvage work?
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#33  Postby SeaDemon » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:33 pm

Okay, since California is a hassle and too steep for us to do, I am now asking another boat owner in PD to quote us for renting his fishing vessel. We will have a compressor on board (arrangement made) and also O2 to blend on board..will post once more details obtained.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#34  Postby SeaDemon » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:34 pm

Okay, since California is a hassle and too steep for us to do, I am now asking another boat owner in PD to quote us for renting his fishing vessel to take us to the Vikraman...and we can do this over Saturday and Sunday. We will have a compressor on board (arrangement made) and also O2 to blend on board..will post once more details obtained.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#35  Postby SeaDemon » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:35 pm

Okay, since California is a hassle and too steep for us to do, I am now asking another boat owner in PD to quote us for renting his fishing vessel to take us to the Vikraman...and we can do this over Saturday and Sunday. We will have a compressor on board (arrangement made) and also O2 to blend on board..will post once more details obtained. Since it is a huge ship, I recommend only those with Advanced Nitrox as it WILL be a decompression dive...at 35m.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#36  Postby HoleMaster » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:06 am

Aiya Advanced Nitrox, myself cant qualify oredi...nvm then u tekkie guys go ahead :-[
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#37  Postby anas » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:23 am

yea lor... :(
me also cannot go ah  :'( :'(
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#38  Postby SeaDemon » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:15 am

Kena ambik course la...hehehe...unless you do a 20-minute dive or less at that wreck
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#39  Postby HoleMaster » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:21 pm

Wah mentang2 lu orang pakai twins ye :-/ Eh Sheik next year we go sign up, wat say u? :o
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#40  Postby anas » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:52 pm

Wah mentang2 lu orang pakai twins ye :-/ Eh Sheik next year we go sign up, wat say u? :o

budget for 2007 diving related expenses belum approve lagi lah.
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#41  Postby katakpink » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:58 pm

Apa lagi, takan tengok jer member belasah twin. Apalagi tunggu sign up jer la. Itu holemaster kaki lubang mesti mau pakai twin, kalo sesat dlm lubang selamat la skit on twin tank. YESSSS...... HIDUP TEKKIE!!!!!! Apa2 x paham bleh tanya masa Technical talk 20/9/06 nanti.
katakpink

Topic author

Post Number:#42  Postby katakpink » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:58 pm

Waa pun berminat gak....tapi masih OWD. Bleh ke?
katakpink

Topic author

Post Number:#43  Postby HoleMaster » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:16 am

Waa pun berminat gak....tapi masih OWD. Bleh ke?

Kalau ko OWD aku Bubble Maker bley? :-?
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#44  Postby Jim » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:38 am

budget for 2007 diving related expenses belum approve lagi lah.

........ kenkawan leh tolong draft kan budget....
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#45  Postby comrade » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:07 pm

Still remember wreck kat pemanggil. It was the deepest wreck i ever been to. 5 meter beb ..............hehehehe
comrade

Topic author

Post Number:#46  Postby Scooter » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi SeaDemon,

I know this is an old topic but I was just wondering how was the diving on the MV ICL Vikraman?
Scooter
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#47  Postby Robert » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi there to anybody who's interested in diving the ICL MV Vikraman off Tg Tuan, PD. Occasionally, I organise a couple of times a year a dive trip there and I would like to check with anybody out there who's interested to call me at 012-3956615 for details. We've got a nice and fast dive boat with compressor and nitrox including the ability to get the necessary clearance to dive on the wreck.
Robert
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#48  Postby Robert » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:23 pm

From the 13th to 16th January 2011, there's a really good neap tide period running in the Straits of Malacca. With the onset of the north east monsoon, the water visibility should be quite good. I am organizing a trip on my boat, a fast 36' custom built dive boat that can cater up to 6 divers complete with all necessary equipment including nitrox. I plan to make a trip out of Port Dickson to the outlying wrecks including the Vikaraman (water depth 40m) and a couple of unidentified ones in the 50m range. Anybody who can dive comfortably at these levels and would like to come along, please contact me at 012-3956615
Robert
Diver
Diver

Previous

Return to Wreck Diving