MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Help for a dive survey.completely anonymous

Help for a dive survey.completely anonymous

Any information attained from this forum is for general knowledge only. Please seek professional advice for further diagnosis.

Help for a dive survey.completely anonymous

Post Number:#1  Postby u01vwhc » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Hello my name is Victor. I am a final year medical student from Malaysia but studying in University of Aberdeen,Scotland. I am required to do a study and I've decided to do a survey on divers as i dive myself. I can assure you none of ur personal detail is needed and it'll be completely anonymous. It's a short survey which will take less that 5 mins. This is how the survey will look like. Just give me ur email address or you can tell me and send it to divesurvey@hotmail.co.uk

Demographic studies on Divers
Hello my name is Victor, a final year medical student from the University of Aberdeen, Scotland . I would be really grateful if you can help me by completing the survey. None of your personal details are needed for this survey which is completely anonymous. It will take less than 5 minutes.
1) Age (Just circle or highlight your age group)
10-19              20-29                  30-39                40-49              50-59              60-69
2 ) Gender                                                                                              ( Male/ Female )
3) Your Height and Weight (in cm and kg                                _____________

4 ) Do you smoke?                                                                                ( Y / N )
      - If yes how many a day?                                                              _____________
      -Do you smoke on the day before diving?                                  (Y / N)

5) How much alcohol do you typically drink in a week? ……………………………units ………

6)How much alcohol would you typically consume in the 24 hours before a dive?(including the type of alcohol eg beer,vodka)                          ---------------------

7) How many dives have you done?
0-20                20-40                  40-60                60-80              80-100              >100

8) What dive body are you registered with? (Just circle or highlight your dive body)
PADI              BSAC(British Sub-Aqua Club)          NAUI                Others_____________

9) What’s your dive qualification ?                                          ______________________
10) What dive table do you use?
PADI            US NAVY              Buhlmann        DCIEM          BSAC      Others______

11) Do you have any health condition? (skip if No)                     (Y / N)
- High blood pressure?                                                                                            ( Y/ N )
- Diabetes?                                                                                                                ( Y/ N )
- Asthma  ( includes those before the age of 12)                                              ( Y/ N )
- Epilepsy / (seizures)                                                                                              ( Y/ N )
- Migraine/ Frequent headache                                                                            ( Y/ N )
- Ringing of ears / (tinnitus)                                                                                  ( Y / N) 
- Ruptured ear drums                                                                                              ( Y / N)
-Others                                                                                                                    ____________

12) Have you suffered any dive related incidents? (skip if No)                          (Y / N )
-Barotrauma  / Squeeze                                                                                                        (Y / N)
-Decompression Sickness                                                                                                      ( Y / N)
-Nitrogen Narcosis                                                                                                                  ( Y/ N)
-Bites / Stings/ Minor injuries                                                                                              ( Y/ N)
-Others                                                                                                                                  ____________

13) In an event of an emergency, do you know the procedures or do you depend solely on your dive master? 
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬_________________________________________________________________

14) Do you know any factors that increases the chance for developing decompression illness?
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬___________________________________________________________________
u01vwhc
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Help for a dive survey.completely anonymous

Post Number:#2  Postby u01vwhc » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:39 pm

and sorry if I post it at the wrong topic as I am new to this forum and stil getting use to it
u01vwhc
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby u01vwhc » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:59 pm

and can someone help me by telling me how can i post the questionaire in this forum.thank u.ur help is greatly appreciated
u01vwhc
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby u01vwhc » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:19 pm

c'mon ppl.some help will greatly be appreciated
u01vwhc
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby Ketam » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi there!!!

It is a bit difficult to answer the stuff in a message posting.... what you can do is to create a poll for each question.... but then you may not get people to answer all the polls. Another way to contact divers are through facebook. Look for me 'Yazid Ketam Yahya' and I can probably hook you up to various divers. Facebook also has iPoll though I have not use it personally.
Ketam
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby u01vwhc » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:24 am

hei ketam u know if it's possible for me to attach the questionaires in microsoft words format on this forum?
u01vwhc
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby Ketam » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:02 am

I don't think you can attach those. You can attach a hyperlink or ftp.... hmmnnnn let me check something out
Ketam
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby Ketam » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:07 am

A google search brought up

http://www.surveymonkey.com/ and http://freeonlinesurveys.com/

maybe you can create an online survey and post the link here.
Ketam
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Return to Dive Medicine & Fitness