MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Refresher Dive

Refresher Dive

Discuss anything about scuba diving hereā€¦

Refresher Dive

Post Number:#1  Postby raffidi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi everyone especially all the sifus....,
What I would like to find out is:
Does a person still have to do a refresher dive course if he has not dive after a year but is a regular in the pool?
Does divers fill their log book when doing practice dive in the pool to show that they are still current?
Thanks,
Raffidi
raffidi
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topic author
Topics: 4

Re: Refresher Dive

Post Number:#2  Postby run » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Some Dive Operators do request to check your logbook and ask when was your last dive and if you haven't dive for a year , they need to see that you have a refresher course before diving with them.
Never encountered such case in malaysia.Normally they just ask when was your last dive. Go for a check dive and then just dive.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#3  Postby raffidi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:13 am

Hi Run,
Thanks for the reply....I've not face or heard of someone in such situation but had to ask cause this question suddenly popped in my head.
The question I had was how does a person justify that he has been diving in the pool regularly keeping himself current? Imagine this person dives in the pool every 2 months but couldn't find time for trips in 2 years (example ya!).

Worst off would be a person that dives once every 8-10months (just another example!), goes for a trip and is all over the place in the water......

Well.....this are just nice to know issue that might not ever arise.....cause divers that lay off for a long time usually just stays away.....cause they will start a new hobby....like knitting....!!!
raffidi
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby run » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:55 am

hard to determine cause if the pool diver regularly improve his/her bouyancy,hovering,fin stroke, he or she could have a better dive at the sea than of a person that dive once a year.

hahaha knitting..i was thinking painting.
hope i didn't get it wrong with your q
Last edited by run on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#5  Postby raffidi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:55 pm

I think he or she would go in the pool and not just sit at the bottom and do their knitting .....hah...can't paint underwater!! They would upgrade their skills......I hope.....!!!
raffidi
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topic author

Return to Scuba Diving Discussions