MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - wreck dive

wreck dive

Discuss anything about scuba diving hereā€¦

wreck dive

Post Number:#1  Postby ngyampei » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:36 pm

if i have taken padi aow , however within my 5 specialities dive , i do not learn wreck diver specialities , do i eligible to do a wreck dive on my next future trip which is famous for wreck dive like pattaya ?
ngyampei
Diver
Diver

Topic author
Topics: 5

Re: wreck dive

Post Number:#2  Postby run » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 am

if the wreck is 30m deep , it wont be a problem. Normally the guide will only take divers go around the wreck and penetrate to chambers that is not to small for AOW divers to move around.
If the wreck is deeper than 40m and have many small chambers in it, then the divers may need to use special trimix and speciality course to go to the wreck.
The divers in Pulau Weh Banda Aceh just use a single tank with normal Air to dive wreck at 60m. Pretty awesome but i heard a few of them got DCS, heart attack and paralyse at young age for doing the dive repeatedly.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#3  Postby gavstang » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:05 am

How is diving on a single tank of air to 60m awesome? Irregardless of whether they tie off stage tanks on the ascent line it is reckless, dangerous and foolish. Why would you want to do such a dive on a single tank anyway? You would not be able to stay on the bottom for any sort of duration at all unless you want to greatly increase your risk of DCS. On a single tank at 60m your bottom time would be around 1-2 mins before it becomes a deco dive and thereafter..tick tock...time to get your ass up top before you become another DAN statistic. What happens if you suffer a free flow at 60m? You are stuffed thats what. Ultimately, it is a choice..choose to dive smart and live or dive stupid and wind up bent or dead.
gavstang
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topics: 2

Post Number:#4  Postby mamakpenang » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:25 pm

to prepare yourself and to build confidence to do Wreck Dive which normally quite deep between 20 to 40 meters, it is advisable to take Wreck Dive Specialties Course........
even though u still can go for Wreck Dive with AOWD card......
some of my friends did not have AOWD card but have a specialties course in Deep Dive and Wreck Dive and of course they can do Deep Dive and Wreck Dive.....
mamakpenang
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby fariz sawal » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:41 pm

You still can do wreck dive for open water but max 18m. But then again wreck adventure dive & wreck spec is different thing. Why dont do your tech diving. Diving with twin set is awesome. We have wreck here in Lipe & we have tech diving & rebreather courses as well at our shop in Koh Tao.

-- Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:44 pm --

60m single tank? I would say an idiot will do that. No hard feeling. :)
fariz sawal
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Return to Scuba Diving Discussions