MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - THE ADVANTAGE OF BECOMING AN EFR INSTRUCTOR

THE ADVANTAGE OF BECOMING AN EFR INSTRUCTOR

Discuss anything about scuba diving hereā€¦

THE ADVANTAGE OF BECOMING AN EFR INSTRUCTOR

Post Number:#1  Postby Narco » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:43 pm

I've heard so much about EFR Instructor but still unclear of the benefit of becoming one.

Can any of the EFR Instructor here help to tell more?
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author
Topics: 11

Re: THE ADVANTAGE OF BECOMING AN EFR INSTRUCTOR

Post Number:#2  Postby bryandiver » Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 am

Hello Narco.

Hope this helps.

A large percentage of accidents at home resulting in deaths is due to the missing link - an emergency responder.
If we do not breathe for 4 minutes, we die. If our heart stops for 4 minutes we die.
Even instantaneous CPR on a cardiac arrest victim will not revive him/her without an Automated External Defibillator.
Even if you live opposite a hospital, it will take more than 4 minutes to arrive at your doorstep.
Most accidents happen at home. Benefit of training is to save your own family members and friends.
Care for children and infants are included.

The Emergency First Responders are trained to handle all above.
bryandiver
Diver
Diver

Topics: 2

Post Number:#3  Postby Narco » Tue May 28, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks for the sharing bryandiver. Yeah, that's pretty much the advantage of being trained in EFR. But being an EFR instructor assume has more to offer. EFR instructor are capable to train and conduct an EFR session of which is required for Rescue Diver course. But as for now I've not bump into many of those instructor.
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby run » Tue May 28, 2013 11:43 am

at first i was clueless about the posting but now since you mentioned it like this , i remembered my current EFR instructor told me.
He tried to find and ask from our local medic practises on the fee of EFR courses and most of them replied with different quotations.
Even when i had my EFR training for work in the office also received different quotes on the courses that i went too.
Some have quotes only for AED's only. Some only CPR. Some CPR with first aid but with EFR (PADI to be precise) all the basic and the most important requirement added in one course.
Not only that it cost cheaper than the one quoted by the local medic example st john and so on. AED is optional in EFR PADI but i was lucky to participate at my work office for the course.
So it mean EFR instructor can give cheaper price to their students. Other than that maybe PADI give a better price on certain educational materials for the course.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#5  Postby Narco » Tue May 28, 2013 12:00 pm

I am also confused now.. Anyhow, EFR is beneficial. No doubts on that. Tak boleh jadi dive instructor, jadi EFR instructor pun boleh lah.
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby bryandiver » Wed May 29, 2013 8:39 am

We all agree CPR and first aid training is very beneficial. Being an EFR Instructor, you will be able to offer this extremely crucial benefit to everyone.

As Run said, their company recognises the need for training for their employees. In fact, quite a number of companies make it compulsory for their supervisory staff. AED must be included even though that company may not yet own one. In fact in Singapore, you can find AED's in shopping malls and public areas.

Yes, you can be an EFR Instructor without being a diving Instructor.

Training will be most beneficial for day care centers, kindergardens, pre- schools, private colleges, hotels, corporations especially in Penang, factories just to give you an idea of the potential for an EFR Instructor.

I know of a lady EFR Instructor who only teaches kindergardens and she has not stopped since.
bryandiver
Diver
Diver

Topics: 2

Post Number:#7  Postby fariz sawal » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:49 pm

All i can say you can make good money than any diving instructors if you know how to sell it. Can teach it to any corporate companies or any oil & gas company.
fariz sawal
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#8  Postby Narco » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks Fariz sawal and bryandiver, Sounds interesting. Jadi EFR Instructor sajalah.. hehe..
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Return to Scuba Diving Discussions