MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Tioman Mega Dive 2007

Tioman Mega Dive 2007

Organize your events, meetings or get together here

Re: Tioman Mega Dive 2007

Post Number:#91  Postby woren76 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:55 pm

Last edited by woren76 on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woren76

Topic author

Post Number:#92  Postby DaKuLaa » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:57 pm

nice pictures and look like the event was very interesting and fun

and m sure Tioman MEGA dive was  successfull........

aaaaah hans isaac was there....... :( :'( :-?
DaKuLaa

Topic author

Post Number:#93  Postby Snafuette » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:09 pm

Thanks for sharing your pics.... you must have had a great time.. meeting all the celebrities....
Snafuette

Topic author

Post Number:#94  Postby woren76 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:49 am

hopefully it will be more successful next year....thanks.
...we have 200+ participants this year which include UW Photo, UW wedding, Project Aware, UW treasure hunt & beach party. Tioman that time held almost 300+ visitors and divers.

so guys..for next year, we will aim for the same numbers for participants...book early!  :)
woren76

Topic author

Post Number:#95  Postby babyFin » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:01 pm

I was there too..but came in a bit late..
:angel8: :angel8: :angel8:
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#96  Postby Atuk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:05 pm

eh, how are the treasure hunts done huh?  what's the format?  what did you have to do & how are you judged?

i'm a regular treasure hunter but have never done an underwater one...
Atuk
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#97  Postby Kapal Selam » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:13 pm

Atuk wrote:eh, how are the treasure hunts done huh?  what's the format?  what did you have to do & how are you judged?

The treasure hunt format was simple. Prior to first day of event (11th July), all the 10 treasure chests were placed (without damaging corals) at five dive spots with two chests each location. Upon the registration day, the selected five dive spots within Tioman was announced on the notice board. Everyone can decide which spot to go, anytime, anyday before the closing/final day (14th July). You dive, you found the treasure chest, you go to any of the TMD secretariat counter & declare it. Its that simple. At the end of the event, 8 out of 10 treasures were found. The prizes was great! There were Dive Packages to Walea, Manado, Similan & Sipadan. Also there were Canon camera (with casing), ScubaPro Dive Bag, ScubaPro BC and Reg, Twin Jet Max fin, and a Sunnto Stinger! One lady (don't know her name) won four treasures with prizes worth RM15,000!! Just imagine with RM200, you get to win such prizes.... Heard that next year more sponsors coming in. This time I will bring along my metal detector....ha ha ha
Kapal Selam
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#98  Postby babyFin » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:07 am

Kapal Selam wrote:
Atuk wrote:eh, how are the treasure hunts done huh?  what's the format?  what did you have to do & how are you judged?

The treasure hunt format was simple. Prior to first day of event (11th July), all the 10 treasure chests were placed (without damaging corals) at five dive spots with two chests each location. Upon the registration day, the selected five dive spots within Tioman was announced on the notice board. Everyone can decide which spot to go, anytime, anyday before the closing/final day (14th July). You dive, you found the treasure chest, you go to any of the TMD secretariat counter & declare it. Its that simple. At the end of the event, 8 out of 10 treasures were found. The prizes was great! There were Dive Packages to Walea, Manado, Similan & Sipadan. Also there were Canon camera (with casing), ScubaPro Dive Bag, ScubaPro BC and Reg, Twin Jet Max fin, and a Sunnto Stinger! One lady (don't know her name) won four treasures with prizes worth RM15,000!! Just imagine with RM200, you get to win such prizes.... Heard that next year more sponsors coming in. This time I will bring along my metal detector....ha ha ha

and the 'one lady' is the DMT from B&J..
:angel8: :angel8: :angel8:
[font=Lucida Calligraphy]First mistake to be learned, Second mistake is because of stupidity..
[/font]
babyFin
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Previous

Return to Events & Meetings