MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - MIDE 2007

MIDE 2007

Organize your events, meetings or get together here

Re: MIDE 2007

Post Number:#61  Postby jgshuwei » Fri May 18, 2007 11:37 am

bro.. we cant say we are a club .. and fish are friend to get free on the booth... let just see if some booth owner willing to let MUW to put some flyers or t-shirt to sell lah... we must ask them mah coz they are the paymaster....

n y so quite 1 now?

What is quite?

sunyi? ::)

quiet?

This is how I tipu post! ;D ;D ;D

;) :D ;D ::) :P
jgshuwei

Post Number:#62  Postby wing0112 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:16 pm

ooh...... its sunyi.. quiet i typo eror.... because occasionally some of our member will pop up with big, bold wording and say they have how many booths and stop by their booths. Its good to support back our members but if u guys seriously 1 2 make a foothold at the expo, you need to ask whether they can loan MUW a small space to sell t-shirts a not la. I am sure they are generous enough lah.... but we have no rights to demand so as the money for expo is not by our own hard earned pocket money.

just opinions only.. jangan marah yah and this is only an opinion and didnt concern with the living or dead.

cheers
wing0112

Post Number:#63  Postby superkingkong » Fri May 18, 2007 2:10 pm

ooh...... its sunyi.. quiet i typo eror.... because occasionally some of our member will pop up with big, bold wording and say they have how many booths and stop by their booths. Its good to support back our members but if u guys seriously 1 2 make a foothold at the expo, you need to ask whether they can loan MUW a small space to sell t-shirts a not la. I am sure they are generous enough lah.... but we have no rights to demand so as the money for expo is not by our own hard earned pocket money.

just opinions only.. jangan marah yah and this is only an opinion and didnt concern with the living or dead.

cheers

sell t-shirts? who is going to print? who is going to pay for it first?
superkingkong

Post Number:#64  Postby wing0112 » Fri May 18, 2007 6:18 pm

well.. c lah who 1 loh.... who 1 2 sell mai print loh.... so if the person tat print can sell and get comm.. u all dont marah coz he took the risk.. and we should gave him a guard of honour too... for promoting MUW
wing0112

Post Number:#65  Postby jgshuwei » Mon May 21, 2007 10:05 pm

well.. c lah who 1 loh.... who 1 2 sell mai print loh.... so if the person tat print can sell and get comm.. u all dont marah coz he took the risk.. and we should gave him a guard of honour too... for promoting MUW

Why not reprint the Hardcore diver T-shirt and ask whoever want to buy order and pay now, collect at MIDE? The MUW t-shirt also can do the same thing. Once we have confirm order and payment, is easier for the PIC to estimate what to do. What say you guys out there?
jgshuwei

Post Number:#66  Postby superkingkong » Tue May 22, 2007 3:11 am

hmm.. then public will also start asking... i want to buy i want to buy... then they will get an answer.. no.. don't have .. or please join the club and buy from there... hence.. there will be someone "disappointed" there .. it's not a big deal lah... but good meh? .. to give this kind of impression to public?
superkingkong

Post Number:#67  Postby jgshuwei » Tue May 22, 2007 7:51 am

hmm.. then public will also start asking... i want to buy i want to buy... then they will get an answer.. no.. don't have .. or please join the club and buy from there... hence.. there will be someone "disappointed" there .. it's not a big deal lah... but good meh? .. to give this kind of impression to public?

No...no...no...
Once there is confirm order here, print more 50% since oledi got capital mah. When we member collect at MIDE, the public will curious and also want to buy, this is business psycology mah! I think can work lah! ::) ::) ::)
jgshuwei

Post Number:#68  Postby wing0112 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:39 am

i support shuwei opinions.. and if u reprint the blue colour t-shirt with the sharks ar.. saya mau................!!!!!!!!

however this involves the help of the booth owner and the PIC of MUW to decide... we can only voice out opinions...

actually this forum ar.. is it register under society or clubs... do we have an actual committee like whoise the treasurer, secretary or those formal stuff or we do keep things informal..... if we want to grow then we need to reshuffle and make it neater lah.. so we can do things efficiently la... maybe register under non-profit...
wing0112

Post Number:#69  Postby superkingkong » Tue May 22, 2007 9:16 am

No...no...no...
Once there is confirm order here, print more 50% since oledi got capital mah. When we member collect at MIDE, the public will curious and also want to buy, this is business psycology mah! I think can work lah! ::) ::) ::)

sorry bro.. well, if "they" agree to print more.. by all means.. that will be good.. of course...

but provided there is someone to support the finance part :)  .. that's all :)

as the saying goes.. no money no talk.. if we have money.. we can do whatever thing we want... it's all up to the "top management" :)
superkingkong

Post Number:#70  Postby wing0112 » Tue May 22, 2007 1:25 pm

so what say top management
wing0112

Post Number:#71  Postby zimm » Tue May 22, 2007 1:39 pm

Get any of our members who has oredy own a booth, to keep our stocks (tshirts & maybe stickers). Better still if they can just hang 1 or 2 of the tshirts. Then get the rest of the members to attend MIDE while wearing the MUW tshirts & become the walking advertisements  ;) ;)
Last edited by zimm on Tue May 22, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zimm

Post Number:#72  Postby wing0112 » Tue May 22, 2007 1:47 pm

thats what we was talking about since ............... forget
wing0112

Post Number:#73  Postby zimm » Tue May 22, 2007 1:50 pm

thats what we was talking about since ............... forget

just a friendly reminder ;) as the moderators suppose to come back in 1wk.....ur right la.....become so quiet oredy :D
Last edited by zimm on Tue May 22, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zimm

Post Number:#74  Postby superkingkong » Tue May 22, 2007 1:51 pm

did top management says "so what?" ?? :-?
superkingkong

Post Number:#75  Postby GOD » Tue May 22, 2007 2:18 pm

:-/ ..... Will let you all know soon.

Can try come out with ideas that dont require MUW to set-up a booth for now?

I am very bad at marketing, dont know how to sell anything.

;D
GOD

Post Number:#76  Postby zimm » Tue May 22, 2007 2:28 pm

so HE has spoken :D

btw.....ur not the only 1.....u dont hv to do the marketing part.....just stand macho at 1 corner wearing the MUW tshirt  :D ;) ;D ;D(jgn mare sifu)
zimm

Post Number:#77  Postby superkingkong » Tue May 22, 2007 2:32 pm

:-/ ..... Will let you all know soon.

Can try come out with ideas that dont require MUW to set-up a booth for now?

I am very bad at marketing, dont know how to sell anything.

;D

that's why u r good at management.. and leave those "jobs" for "down line"  ;D
superkingkong

Post Number:#78  Postby pink-fins » Tue May 22, 2007 2:55 pm

Arghhhhh! Drats! I wont be in KL that MIDE week! Company's CSR weekend in Perhentian... bummer!  :'( :'( :-[
pink-fins

Post Number:#79  Postby superkingkong » Tue May 22, 2007 3:56 pm

Arghhhhh! Drats! I wont be in KL that MIDE week! Company's CSR weekend in Perhentian... bummer!  :'( :'( :-[

fulamak.. good lah.. dun forget to bring your blu fins :P  ;D
superkingkong

Post Number:#80  Postby scottycam » Tue May 22, 2007 4:23 pm

hope to go and collect free stickers!!!  ;D
scottycam

Post Number:#81  Postby ironore » Tue May 22, 2007 4:34 pm

aiseh minus one lady diver promoter   :D

a blue one summore  ;D
ironore

Post Number:#82  Postby wing0112 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:56 pm

did top management says "so what?" ?? :-?

er... i think need to put like so what say, top management.... top mgmt didnt say anything la
wing0112

Post Number:#83  Postby wing0112 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:58 pm

aiseh minus one lady diver promoter   :D

a blue one summore  ;D

well at least she get to try out her blue fin at perhentian
wing0112

Post Number:#84  Postby mephisto » Tue May 22, 2007 6:53 pm

wow bebs....this is heavy....

ok...FYI..the moderators have been toying with the idea of opening up a booth in MIDE. the main factor to take into consideration is $$$.

But as a fellow exibitor at MIDE, i considered your suggestion regarding joining up with other exibitor. but may i warn you that in this type of events....money talks.

and as you all know money is a sensitive issue especially in a non profit organization. for example, if the moderators decide to collect money from members ( and its on a no obligation basis, who wants to contribute can cantribute, those who dont want its okay) we must be transparent and accountable for the managment of the funds collected. and for now we dont have a proper woking committe to to do this. to do a adhoc committe is logical and practical.....but i think we should not do a permenent organization in MUW. this will make it rigid...and MUW has become what it is because it is very flexible. that is its main attraction. so long term interest and well being of MUW at a whole have to be taken into consideration.

So as a conclusion, i would say we are at a dilemma. so please give us some time to plan things out and see whether we can do this without compromising the long term interest of MUW.

Please continue with your feed back and suggestion. we moderators will try to come up with something to make this happen. just give us a little bit of time. we will update you all accordingly.

(the above is my own personnal opinion, not all moderators)
mephisto

Post Number:#85  Postby wing0112 » Wed May 23, 2007 8:54 am

well...  i believe we all know the consequences of the money issues.. so tats y we dont want to setup booth lah.... as mentioned earlier some of us wanted an exposure during the MIDE.. but at this stages we also feel not worth to setup a booth....

the conclusion is... if we were to print out some t-shirt for sale during the MIDE... which of the member of MUW who owns a booth wouldnt mind to give out a small corner la....

permanent comittee.... as u know money talks and after if there is a collection of money involve.. will every1 still as active as before a not? now every1 are happy here coz no money issue or business transactions involve... even involve is just among the member... and i believe close member... but if you guys wanted MUW to grow up... then a comittee needed to be setup....

so i think we need to vote lah on this particular parts...

this is aso my own opinions lah..... at this moment.... (+ rushing to type out and didnt think much coz in office lah) ;D
wing0112

Post Number:#86  Postby mephisto » Wed May 23, 2007 5:55 pm

well...  i believe we all know the consequences of the money issues.. so tats y we dont want to setup booth lah.... as mentioned earlier some of us wanted an exposure during the MIDE.. but at this stages we also feel not worth to setup a booth....

the conclusion is... if we were to print out some t-shirt for sale during the MIDE... which of the member of MUW who owns a booth wouldnt mind to give out a small corner la....

permanent comittee.... as u know money talks and after if there is a collection of money involve.. will every1 still as active as before a not? now every1 are happy here coz no money issue or business transactions involve... even involve is just among the member... and i believe close member... but if you guys wanted MUW to grow up... then a comittee needed to be setup....

so i think we need to vote lah on this particular parts...

this is aso my own opinions lah..... at this moment.... (+ rushing to type out and didnt think much coz in office lah) ;D

So you understand the problem we have here...good...but be patience...let think through it first ( not during office hours i dare say)....try to get things right the first time....
mephisto

Post Number:#87  Postby wing0112 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:39 am

i ony can do in office laa... cz hse no internet.... kakaka
wing0112

Post Number:#88  Postby IkanBilis » Mon May 28, 2007 11:52 am

You guys are still interested to have a booth in MIDE 2007? I've been talking to the organizers, and we may have a chance on the smaller booth, those 2m X 2m.
Being a non-profit organization, and passionate about diving, the organizers are considering to give the booth to us for something less but maybe not even money.
I'm thinking about us working together and promoting MIDE2007 through our network. Maybe even putting up MIDE2007 banner ads on our site. That way, we are paying the organizers in kind, as a promoter for the event to the diving community.
This is still in the preliminaries, nothing inked yet. While I'm negotiating, I'll need a volunteer to come up with a duty roster, our programme and activities for the booth.
IkanBilis

Post Number:#89  Postby ironore » Mon May 28, 2007 1:14 pm

MalaysianUnderWater.com  + Malaysia International Dive Expo [highlight]JV[/highlight]  ;D
Last edited by ironore on Mon May 28, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ironore

Post Number:#90  Postby wing0112 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:22 pm

You guys are still interested to have a booth in MIDE 2007? I've been talking to the organizers, and we may have a chance on the smaller booth, those 2m X 2m.
Being a non-profit organization, and passionate about diving, the organizers are considering to give the booth to us for something less but maybe not even money.
I'm thinking about us working together and promoting MIDE2007 through our network. Maybe even putting up MIDE2007 banner ads on our site. That way, we are paying the organizers in kind, as a promoter for the event to the diving community.
This is still in the preliminaries, nothing inked yet. While I'm negotiating, I'll need a volunteer to come up with a duty roster, our programme and activities for the booth.

ikan.. i am sure MUW loves you for the effort. This is what MUW needed off people who is willing to contribute to MUW for the sake of diving. Well but i do think that having a booth and sell few t-shirts will radically look not so good and waste the organiser booth as well. I know they are kind enough and willing to give us a booth but ppl impression will not be good. i still think we should stick to one of the participating booth.

anyhow the mods need to discuss among themselves la... but i personally think that MUW are not ready yet for any public appearance. Not to say i dont support MUW but just my logical thinking. In the end, where is MUW direction for future?

jangan marah yah.... its only my own opinions at this right moment.
wing0112

PreviousNext

Return to Events & Meetings