MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - MIDE 2007

MIDE 2007

Organize your events, meetings or get together here

Re: MIDE 2007

Post Number:#91  Postby IkanBilis » Mon May 28, 2007 1:53 pm

[quote][/quote]

Hehehe, what's there to marah?? This is a discussion, right? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I'm not looking for anything (besides fame fortune and glory  ;D) when I approached the organizers. I just want to understand if there is a chance for an organization like us to have a go at the MIDE.

Besides spreading awareness about safe diving, we could do show-up and talk about the places, experiences, equipment, pictures, or basically just have fun with all the friends there. Make the booth as a port-of-call for fellow divers, who may not be aware of MUW's existance.

Anyway, all this is still subject to MUW members' concurrence, and to the organizer's concurrence. So, keep the ball rolling with more ideas and opinions..
Last edited by IkanBilis on Mon May 28, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IkanBilis

Post Number:#92  Postby GOD » Mon May 28, 2007 4:42 pm

We the mods will have discussion on this pretty soon & will take all the ideas provided by the MUW owners.

At the mean time ... keep it flowing with ideas, is great to know that MUW owners are interested to do something during MIDE '07.

Thanks...Thanks ... anymore fresh ideas & suggestions.

;D
GOD

Post Number:#93  Postby SeaDemon » Mon May 28, 2007 5:13 pm

Interesting points and discussions.

However, what is MUW? Will it be entitled to an NGO status since it is just a forum? Will VM open up their own booth under the pretext of an NGO too? Or the other forums like Fins Online, MDC? We have to answer that question first.
SeaDemon

Post Number:#94  Postby bobo » Mon May 28, 2007 5:29 pm

we use free software... so... we're NPO... non profit organization.. onli LPO - loose profit organization  ;D
bobo

Post Number:#95  Postby jgshuwei » Mon May 28, 2007 11:12 pm

If there is broadband connection there, put a few notebook for the public to register as our member over there. If no connection, for those who has a 3G fixed connection fees can do the same. What say you?
Last edited by jgshuwei on Tue May 29, 2007 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
jgshuwei

Post Number:#96  Postby ironore » Tue May 29, 2007 12:54 am

If there is broadband connection there, put a few notebook for the public to register as our member there. If no connection, for those who has a 3G line with RM120 fixed connection fees can do the same. What say you?

some info to share :

Celcom 3G, they have a promotion going on now

you pay RM999 (you'll get a 3G data card and get a 4 months free subscription of face value of RM99 per month)

and start to pay monthly from month 5 of RM99 per month for an unlimited access of internet browsing.

then we get together there with several lap top with 3G access and hang out at the booth lor   ;D
ironore

Post Number:#97  Postby wing0112 » Tue May 29, 2007 8:53 am

there will be no broadband lah.. almost all exhibition no broadband.. anyhow they will provide a telephone line... and its for credit card usage only la....

i agree with SD... what is MUW status and direction before we make any public appearance. First impression is important and we dont 1 2 be treat as Joker of The Year.... right

Urm come out for TT lah.... can discuss mah....
wing0112

Post Number:#98  Postby IkanBilis » Tue May 29, 2007 11:52 am

Maxis got broadband 3G promo - apply and use for 1 month no charge. If not satisfied can return modem and cancel the registration.

Anyway if notebooks are in the picture, i'm cautioning the users to ensure adequate security. Advisable to use Kensington Lock, or Targus cable lock. In my experience doing shows with a multinational IT company, these notebooks got a habit of walking off on its own..

I agree with SD and wing, but everything starts from the first step. This maybe our first step, and it may not be perfect, but nevertheless its an opportinity that we should consider.

Maybe MOD can have a TT to discuss further.. this is a good time as any for us to set directions and come up with a mission statement..
IkanBilis

Post Number:#99  Postby IkanBilis » Tue May 29, 2007 1:37 pm

We the mods will have discussion on this pretty soon & will take all the ideas provided by the MUW owners.

At the mean time ... keep it flowing with ideas, is great to know that MUW owners are interested to do something during MIDE '07.

Thanks...Thanks ... anymore fresh ideas & suggestions.

;D

Just PM you the latest info from the organizers.
IkanBilis

Post Number:#100  Postby wing0112 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:17 pm

have to enhance the security loh.. if really  1 2 pakai lappie... well we just wait for the final verdict... setup a comittee lah... easier....
wing0112

Post Number:#101  Postby jgshuwei » Tue May 29, 2007 11:04 pm

have to enhance the security loh.. if really  1 2 pakai lappie... well we just wait for the final verdict... setup a comittee lah... easier....

...waiting...
8-) 8-) 8-)
jgshuwei

Post Number:#102  Postby GOD » Wed May 30, 2007 12:18 am

The Moderators are looking into the latest out come from [highlight]IkanBilis [/highlight]latest information.

Oi MODS... Please look into the [highlight]MODERATORs ONLY [/highlight]Section!!!!!!

TQ

;D
GOD

Post Number:#103  Postby wing0112 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:42 am

The Moderators are looking into the latest out come from [highlight]IkanBilis [/highlight]latest information.

Oi MODS... Please look into the [highlight]MODERATORs ONLY [/highlight]Section!!!!!!

TQ

;D

okoko... yeah MODS only yah.. not TT kakaka... we will wait patiencely lo.....
wing0112

Post Number:#104  Postby GOD » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:41 pm

[highlight]UPDATE[/highlight]:

We will come out with the answer this week & hope to have full MUW members backing in this.

;D
GOD

Post Number:#105  Postby jgshuwei » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:32 pm

We will come out with the answer this week & hope to have full MUW members backing in this.

;D

Sup...port...!
jgshuwei

Post Number:#106  Postby wing0112 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:32 pm

no worry... you will always on our mind..... you will always on our mind.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell us.... ;D
wing0112

Post Number:#107  Postby IkanBilis » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:06 pm

;D

MODS, may we have the official verdict on MUW participation in MIDE 2007?
IkanBilis

Post Number:#108  Postby bobo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:08 pm

Yuuuhhuuuu.... Sheik, member looking for u.... :P
bobo

Post Number:#109  Postby SeaDemon » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:13 pm

Is he back or is he still diving? He's worse than a jobless person ;D
SeaDemon

Post Number:#110  Postby GOD » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:13 am

Sheik will do the announcement on this MIDE 07

;D
GOD

Post Number:#111  Postby ironore » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:30 am

[highlight]Sup...port...![/highlight]

[highlight]Sup...port...![/highlight]  :D
Last edited by ironore on Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ironore

Post Number:#112  Postby SeaDemon » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:57 pm

Since I am already online, I will take it upon me to announce:

A concencus was made during the moderators' meeting recently that we will not be joining MIDE this year for the reason of practicality. But we may announce our existence to the participating exhibitors, not directly to the public, but through personal meetings at MIDE. Details will be discuss later.

Thank you for your continued support of MUW.

End of Public Announcement
Last edited by SeaDemon on Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeaDemon

Post Number:#113  Postby IkanBilis » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:18 pm

Thanks SD, and all the MODs, I'll look forward to next year. It was good that we gave this idea some thought so we will be better prepared next year..

I'll infom the organizers of MIDE 2007 of our decision.
IkanBilis

Post Number:#114  Postby wing0112 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:38 pm

i believe this is fair enough la...
wing0112

Previous

Return to Events & Meetings