Switch to full style
Organize your events, meetings or get together here
Topic locked

Back from MIDE 2011

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:02 pm

At 11am, it was already packed.

Good buys:

1. Tusa mesh bag with rollers at the Tusa booth. U-shaped opening. And one of the few bags with plastic zips (no corrosion).

2. Planet Scuba finally restocked their Frog BCDs. RM1600. There were a few other brands having back inflates. But Frog was clearly the cheapest by far.

3. Fake Jetfins at the Scubatex booth. Looks like Scubapro, feels like Scubapro, costs like IST. Yup, it's IST. You have to look really hard to tell the difference because the IST logo has no colour and blends into the fin.

Re: Back from MIDE 2011

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:06 pm

sad.....no surprise for the price of this MIDE.....

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:58 am

the IST jetfins performs like the Scubapro version?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:57 pm

SuperAdmin wrote:At 11am, it was already packed.

Good buys:

1. Tusa mesh bag with rollers at the Tusa booth. U-shaped opening. And one of the few bags with plastic zips (no corrosion).

2. Planet Scuba finally restocked their Frog BCDs. RM1600. There were a few other brands having back inflates. But Frog was clearly the cheapest by far.

3. Fake Jetfins at the Scubatex booth. Looks like Scubapro, feels like Scubapro, costs like IST. Yup, it's IST. You have to look really hard to tell the difference because the IST logo has no colour and blends into the fin.
is the fake jetfin perform as the real one? is even 75%, i'll buy one to try out....

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:55 pm

lol.. saw some interesting things.. a underwater scooter!! really interesting..
also, didnt know there is so many wrecks in brunei.. and it looks good!

bought many things too.. new seapro back which can fit my fins for RM174, a handy luggage weight measurer for RM60, a half wet 'jacket' for RM135, and renew my subscription to sport diving magazine.. really happy..

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:16 am

yeekeong wrote:the IST jetfins performs like the Scubapro version?

heck NO! The stiffness of the rubber are different between these 2.
The thrust will not be the same too.
By visual inspection, it is not hard to see which is IST and Scubapro.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:13 pm

SuperAdmin wrote:

Did these original imitations come complete with the 5 holes beneath the 'vents" as well?
Last edited by dp on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Nope, mine has 3 large vents.
Topic locked