Find out about Divers Alert Network (DAN)
Insurance and register for it.
MUW member Bobo will give a talk about DAN, dive safety and answer all your questions.
Event: DAN Diving Insurance Talk and Registration
Date: 8 Jan 2011 Saturday
Place: Pelita Nasi Kandar, Jalan Ampang (see map below)Link to Google MapsAbout DAN Insurance
1. One of the main insurance water activities coverage for divers and maintain globally
2. Global coverage
3. Localize (Asia Pacific/Malaysia) on call 24/7
4. Best evacuation procedure with local agency
5. Also got travel assist benefit coverage non dive related
6. Member bonus + benefit. Equipment/package discounts from partners etc.
7. Can include family members for dive coverage
8. Coverage from rec to tech divers etc..
9. 24 hrs activation. Easy, tomorrow dive today can do.
10. Master plan that provides up to US$125,000 coverage for medical charges for decompression illness and all covered in-water injuries (including snorkeling) sustained on a dive or a Repetitive Dive Series to a maximum depth of 50 meters.
11. Also offers up to US$10,000 in accidental death and dismemberment benefits resulting from a covered Diving Accident
12. Plus up to US$15,000 in permanent total disability benefits arising from a covered Diving Accident.
13. Any DAN members that are in a diving related emergency will be sent to the nearest hospital first for treatment. If they are confirm for a chamber treatment, they will be sent to the nearest hyperbaric facilities and that will be covered.
For example: If accident occurs in Mabul, members will be sent via speed boat/heli to the nearest hospital which may be in Tawau and hyperbaric facilities to either KK or Labuan Map to Pelita Nasi Kandar Jalan Ampang
You can park at Pelita (up to 30 parking bays) or park next door at Wisma Central.Are you coming? Put your name down
Last edited by SuperAdmin
on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.