MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Teh tarik Session - 29th June?

Teh tarik Session - 29th June?

Organize your events, meetings or get together here

Teh tarik Session - 29th June?

Post Number:#1  Postby zzz » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:38 pm

I am meeting Mephisto on Friday at 8pm in Hartamas for teh tarik plus free blood pressure reading.

Those who wants to join are welcomed.
Agenda:
1. Mephisto wants to learn how to take BP manually with sphymomanometer and thus the free BP reading for others ;D ;D
2. I want free teh tarik and kuey teow ;)
3. anything can be discussed ;) Btw... anyone with recent videos please bring... Adik are you around???
Last edited by zzz on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zzz

Topic author

Re: Teh tarik Session - 29th June?

Post Number:#2  Postby Snafuette » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:41 pm

ZZZ, would you like to join us on Sunday for the pool session?
Snafuette

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby zzz » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:46 pm

yup... told bijan i will drop by to meet up if i'm free..... :)
zzz

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby MACHA » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:47 pm

I am meeting Mephisto on Friday at 8pm in Hartamas for teh tarik plus free blood pressure reading.

Agenda:
1. Mephisto wants to learn how to take BP manually with sphymomanometer and thus the free BP reading for others ;D ;D
3. anything can be discussed ;) Btw... anyone with recent videos please bring... Adik are you around???

Dey zzzzz...i'll be  in KL 2nd july if you're around can meet up teh tarik?
MACHA

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby Snafuette » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:53 pm

Agenda:

Macha, you will be in TOWN?? that's great.. let's arrange teh tarik and i will invite mazz to come join us too... wanna?
Last edited by Snafuette on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snafuette

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby zzz » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:53 pm

Agenda:

Aiyah bro.... Monday will be back in Temerloh... call me if u pass Temerloh on the way back to KT.
zzz

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby MACHA » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Agenda:

Macha, you will be in TOWN?? that's great.. let's arrange teh tarik and i will invite mazz to come join us too... wanna?

Yup...will be in town...sure ajak mazz la,can meet up damansara,TTDI or Kelana Jaya area.
MACHA

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby adik » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:55 am

Agenda:

Yup...will be in town...sure ajak mazz la,can meet up damansara,TTDI or Kelana Jaya area.

zzz.. I dont mind for the teh tarik ... but I dont think I can complete the video. too many jobs kena edit ni.
Last edited by adik on Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
adik

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby LaraCroft » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:21 am

Wanna come can ahh zzz???
LaraCroft

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby ikan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:28 am

Lala cloft dear since when do u need anybody permission to come fo teh tarik mehhh??? tak macho laaaaa like thissss ....  ;)
ikan

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby zzz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:54 pm

Hey Lara... since when u malu-malu niiii ;) ;D ;D

Jom laaaa..... the more the merrier...

Adik... no video no prob.... next time la bawak the video...... :)
zzz

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby bobo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:39 pm

Agenda:

nak ikuttt...!!  :(
bobo

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby anas » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:00 am

i think this is good timing:
1. can pass some stickers  :D
2. can talk what to be done/organized at the cheras jetty this sunday  :)
3. can add/pass some materials (contribution) for our booth  :)
4. can tokkok  :o
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby ezwani » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:44 pm

Agenda:

:Dyea met him with sheikh and bijan last sunday at gerai ayam kampung he did mention about this BP thingy hehehe..
Dey memphisto good luck!
Last edited by ezwani on Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ezwani

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby zimm » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:32 pm

you guys have fun wokay.......will catch up with MUW after i come back :P
zimm

Topic author

Post Number:#16  Postby pink-fins » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:01 pm

where you going zimm?
pink-fins

Topic author

Post Number:#17  Postby zzz » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:15 pm

I am now already in KL...so meet you guys by 8pm at Rec n Tec as Mephisto suggested. Lepas itu makan!!!!! Anyway who gets lost call Mephisto...number I also dunno...

Woi Mephisto call me la...I dunno where is REc n Tec.... :-/
zzz

Topic author

Post Number:#18  Postby Snafuette » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:57 pm

where you going zimm?

Zimm is going to meet the REAL queen... in LOndon. Zimm is Miss Jetsetter ::) ::) ::)
Snafuette

Topic author

Post Number:#19  Postby mephisto » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:50 pm

Pics from tonight blood pressure test and equipment briefing.

Doctor wannabe Mephisto with patient Adik with consulting doctor Hollowman and attendant Bijan.

Hey... i cant hear your pulse???- doctor
You are doing it wrong doctor!!!-attendant

From what i can see you have a abnormal blood pressure....maybe due to too much wanking and hanging around Katak Pink too much...

Doctor zzz just woke up and trying to check Jims blood pressure.......
Jim- faster laa doctor!!!!! i cannot feel my arm already!!!

What you get when you put a stethescope and katakpink together.....

A tight,pert ass....

Later we ganna learn whats annal probe is all about...

It was good and educational session.....also fun!.....thanks Doctor zzz!!!!! HAIL!!!

Also for futher infomation:

Blood Pressure Monitoring
what/why
how
history
teaching aids
links

How blood pressure is measured

An overview of current devices used to measure blood pressure can be found here.

How to measure blood pressure using a sphygmomanometer

The non-invasive ausculatory method is one of the most common ways of monitoring a patient's blood pressure. The subject sits down and rests their arm on a table so the brachial artery is level with the heart. This is important when monitoring blood pressure, as pressure is proportional to height ( [ch916]p = [ch961]g[ch916]h ). For example, if one measures the blood pressure at head height, the systolic/diastolic pressure readings will be approximately 35mmHg less compared to readings taken at heart level, whereas at ground height the pressure readings will be 100mmHg greater. A sphygmomanometer cuff is wrapped around the subject's upper arm, just above the elbow and a stethoscope is placed on the hollow of the elbow, over the brachial artery as shown below.

The cuff is 'pumped- up' to a pressure of 180mmHg, compressing the brachial artery hence causing the artery to collapse once the systolic pressure (the maximum pressure exerted by the blood against the wall of the brachial artery when the heart beats) has been exceeded. At the point where the pressure of the cuff is greater then the systolic pressure, the artery has collapsed thus, there is no flow of blood through the brachial artery.

The valve on the pump is loosened slowly to allow the pressure of the sphygmomanometer cuff to decrease. Once the systolic pressure is reached (approximately 120mmHg in the 'normal' case), the brachial artery opens causing volatile blood flow, which cause vibrations against the artery walls. These noises are called Korotkoff sounds (named after their discoverer) and can be heard through a stethoscope as the pressure exerted onto the brachial artery falls. The blood flow through the brachial artery increases steadily, until the pressure of the sphygmomanometer cuff falls below the diastolic pressure (the pressure between successive heart beats, the low pressure), approximately 80mmHg. This is the point where the blood flow through the artery is laminar.

The Korotkoff sounds

The Korotkoff sounds are the sounds heard through the stethoscope as the pressure cuff deflates. The sounds are first heard when the cuff pressure equals the systolic pressure, and cease to be heard once the cuff has deflated past the diastolic pressure.

It is generally accepted that there are five phases of Korotkoff sounds. Each phase is characterised by the volume and quality of sound heard. The figure below illustrates these phases. In this example, the systolic and diastolic pressures are 120mmHg and 80mmHg respectively.

Phase 1

With the pressure cuff inflated to beyond the systolic pressure, the artery is completely occluded and no blood can flow through it. Consequently, no sounds are heard above the systolic pressure. At the point where cuff pressure equals the systolic pressure, a sharp tapping sound is heard. We recall that the blood pressure oscillates between systolic and diastolic pressure. At systolic, the pressure is great enough to force the artery walls open and for blood to spurt through. As the pressure dips to diastolic, however, the artery walls bang shut again. It is the closing shut of the artery walls that results in the tapping sound.

Phase 2

This phase is characterised by a swishing sound, caused by the swirling currents in the blood as the flow through the artery increases. Sometimes, if the cuff is deflated too slowly, the sounds vanish temporarily. This happens when the blood vessels beneath the cuff become congested, and is often a sign of hypertension. The congestion eventually clears, and sounds resume. The intervening period is called the auscultatory gap.

Phase 3

In this phase, there is a resumption of crisp tapping sounds, similar to those heard in phase 1. At this stage, the increased flow of blood is pounding against the artery walls.

Phase 4

At this point, there is an abrupt muffling of sound. The blood flow is becoming less turbulent.
Last edited by mephisto on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mephisto

Topic author

Post Number:#20  Postby zzz » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:59 pm

Looks like all were pretty healthy....

But after the heafty dinner at Sri Hartamas...hmmmm.... must do a post dinner check....
;D ;D ;D

Anyway, had fun guys.... I had excellent students...
zzz

Topic author

Post Number:#21  Postby jgshuwei » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:11 pm

Sorry! Last minute emergency.
jgshuwei

Topic author

Post Number:#22  Postby zzz » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:12 am

Ahhh jgshuwei...we missed u...
next time laaa
zzz

Topic author

Post Number:#23  Postby jgshuwei » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:18 am

I'll be back!
jgshuwei

Topic author

Post Number:#24  Postby bijan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:20 am

haha..come to think of it, this picture looks like a lie detector test..with hollowman on the pc monitoring the signals and me interpreting the signals..hahahaha
bijan

Topic author

Post Number:#25  Postby Snafuette » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:40 am

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Snafuette

Topic author

Post Number:#26  Postby adik » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:50 am

Doc mephisto... like real only!!!
adik

Topic author

Post Number:#27  Postby zzz » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:26 am

DR MEPHISTO MBBS, MD.......katakpink care to add ;) ;D ;D
zzz

Topic author

Post Number:#28  Postby deepblu » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:52 am

wah, rec & tec also now do blood pressure test ar?  

should i be making appointments now? ;D ;D ;D
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#29  Postby adik » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:17 pm

DR MEPHISTO MBBS, MD.......katakpink care to add ;) ;D ;D

MBS , LEMBU and etc
adik

Topic author

Return to Events & Meetings