Switch to full style
Organize your events, meetings or get together here
Post a reply

1st to MIDE

Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:29 am

Hi,

Im a 1st timer to MIDE. Can someone tell me what to aspect from this expo? My focus will be on getting a good deal for dive trips around Malaysia and Indonesia. Will be interested in photography equipment too.

And also please advice is there any "tricks" or ways to negotiate to get great deals? Sorry im a newbie!!

Thanks

Re: 1st to MIDE

Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:04 pm

I think the dive operators has become a little bit smarter over the years.
Now trip packages will be a lot cheaper if come together in groups. Especially diving overseas.
Redang, Tioman, Perhentian mostly offer the same packages even without the expo.
Gears such as underwater xcessories and apparels can reduce up to 30% which actually you can get even without the expo.
So what is the difference with or without expo? The lucky draw gifts. The more you spend the more lucky you get to win the lucky draws.
i think this is the win-win agreement between the exibitors and the event planner. This way exhibitors no need to cost down too many
and even planner able to attract more exhibitors into the programme.
For me i like to see those gears offer by the singaporean cause they come with different kind of brands and different kind of quality.

Tip and tricks. huuum..if the seller sees you passby to his/her booth for these 3 days continuously and see you interested in something from their booth , i think the seller might able to give something to you.

Re: 1st to MIDE

Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:33 pm

run wrote:I think the dive operators has become a little bit smarter over the years.
Now trip packages will be a lot cheaper if come together in groups. Especially diving overseas.
Redang, Tioman, Perhentian mostly offer the same packages even without the expo.
Gears such as underwater xcessories and apparels can reduce up to 30% which actually you can get even without the expo.
So what is the difference with or without expo? The lucky draw gifts. The more you spend the more lucky you get to win the lucky draws.
i think this is the win-win agreement between the exibitors and the event planner. This way exhibitors no need to cost down too many
and even planner able to attract more exhibitors into the programme.
For me i like to see those gears offer by the singaporean cause they come with different kind of brands and different kind of quality.

Tip and tricks. huuum..if the seller sees you passby to his/her booth for these 3 days continuously and see you interested in something from their booth , i think the seller might able to give something to you.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like nothing really exciting going to happen except the lucky draw. BTW, will look out for the Singaporean dive shop for the new product.
Post a reply