MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Swimming,yoga.....and other physical stuff.

Swimming,yoga.....and other physical stuff.

General discussion on Freediving, Equipment, Stories, Training and Techniques

Swimming,yoga.....and other physical stuff.

Post Number:#1  Postby mephisto » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:05 pm

Hello......

Mau tanya sikit........anyone here sedang or berminat nak berenang/swimming kaa....need a swimming partner laa.......also anyone do yoga?
Last edited by mephisto on Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mephisto

Topic author

Re: Swimming,yoga.....and other physical stuff.

Post Number:#2  Postby haryani81 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:01 pm

Me! Me!
haryani81

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby najibest » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:06 pm

Hello......

Mau tanya sikit........anyone here sedang or berminat nak berenang/swimming kaa....need a swimming partner laa.......also anyone do yoga?

i can swim with u memphisto heh.. need to shed all those extra fat i've been keeping lately :)
najibest

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby babynemo » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:13 pm

I'm into swimming  ;)...  tried yoga, does release stress but i prefer doing aerobics. Maybe i need someone to drag me into yoga then hehe
babynemo

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby mephisto » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:36 pm

Hello......

i can swim with u memphisto heh.. need to shed all those extra fat i've been keeping lately :)

heh... you need to keep those fats man..those are love fats....hehhhhh.....i bet the missus will miss them if you loose them..heh.....sunday-cheras- pool- 1100hrs- 1000 meter warm up okay?
Last edited by mephisto on Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mephisto

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby memet » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:38 pm

heh?!  :D
memet

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby mephisto » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:50 pm

Me! Me!

wow.....almost a year for some one to reply....fantastic!

hello haryani 81....so what do you do? swim? yoga? or both?

if you are interested in joining us for a swim....please refer to the date/time/venue/objectives that i have replied to najibest AKA love machine.

also i usually swim on saturdays in bukit jalil.

i am thinking of doing a discover yoga session....my place in ampang does allow per class participation as to allow people to try and see whats it all about... any one interested? we can start from the basic.....there is no minimum pax to start this session..
mephisto

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby sharaths » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:21 am

Me! Me!

if you are interested in joining us for a swim....please refer to the date/time/venue/objectives that i have replied to najibest AKA love machine.

i am thinking of doing a discover yoga session....my place in ampang does allow per class participation as to allow people to try and see whats it all about... any one interested? we can start from the basic.....there is no minimum pax to start this session..

;D ;D ;D But seriously, I need a place to horne up my swimming skill. Anyone know any public pool I can go to for an hour or so of swimming after work???? Btw, my office is at Empire Tower (opposite Ampang Park) so the closer the better. Thanks
sharaths

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby mephisto » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:29 pm

Me! Me!

;D ;D ;D But seriously, I need a place to horne up my swimming skill. Anyone know any public pool I can go to for an hour or so of swimming after work???? Btw, my office is at Empire Tower (opposite Ampang Park) so the closer the better. Thanks

haiyaa beb....me work opposite you too laaa...megan avenue 1.....but you kow laa how the traffic like after hours....

anyway..you can go swiimming in bandar tun razak....thats the nearest i can think of....evening session is 6-8 i think.

also there are few private pool in hulu kelang that do swimming lessons but i am not sure if thay are open for public or not...
mephisto

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby najibest » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:33 pm

Hello......

heh... you need to keep those fats man..those are love fats....hehhhhh.....i bet the missus will miss them if you loose them..heh.....sunday-cheras- pool- 1100hrs- 1000 meter warm up okay?

aiya mem, can't make it la this sunday.. got meeting @ kerteh.. :(
najibest

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby mephisto » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:10 pm

no problem....you know me..i will be there no matter what..heh
mephisto

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby GOD » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:12 pm

I have very good YOGA CD from India, got it when I was there ....present from my Diving Superintendent.

If you need it, I can lend it to you.

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby Rol_an_dive » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:00 pm

Yoga would be good, improve breathing, relax, extend botton time. Where in Ampang can it be tried? I have seen it advertised on dive trips to fill in the SI, make it go quicker...
Rol_an_dive

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby mephisto » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:58 pm

Yoga would be good, improve breathing, relax, extend botton time. Where in Ampang can it be tried? I have seen it advertised on dive trips to fill in the SI, make it go quicker...

the place is as follows:

No:1, Lorong Damai 13 Kiri
(off Jalan Ampang - beside Sucasa Service Apartments)
55000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Shilpa: +60-12-2052714
Marlene: +60-12-2511857
Centre: +60-3-42524714
E-mail: info@yogshakti.com / shilpa@yogshakti.com

also...to join it you have to pay membership fees but i have spoken to the admin and they agreed to let me bring in a guest for try outs..you do pay for the session...but dont have to pay for memberships as per normal procedure. so if you wanna try...just ping me and i will bring you in. okay?

as for helping N2 offloading during SI...i am not sure about that...but it does help in diving and everyday life.
mephisto

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby haryani81 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:39 pm

mephisto wrote:
Me! Me!

Sorry Memphisto. I just reopened this thread after 4 months. I used to swim alot last time but I havent tried yoga yet. Normally I go swimming at my aunty's place in Setiawangsa. Kampung Warisan. Maybe I can join u guys swimming one day. Need to do some work out. No stamina already, easily 'pancit'.
haryani81
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#16  Postby najiBEST » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:56 pm

looks like the thread is reopened again :) .. anyway mephisto, i now live just beside the cheras pool.. so wanna restart those swimming sessions? :) u're the boss heh :P
DIVE DIVE DIVE ...
najiBEST
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#17  Postby Mephisto the Heretic » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:50 pm

swimming is always on beb. but saturdays i usually go Bukit Jalil pool, they put up lanes there so easy to do laps.

sunday yes, cheras. usually morning session cum what ever session that MUW has on during the time.

but if i were you, living near the pool, i would go at least 3 times a week because of the convinience.

try laa....got anything better to do?

waaa....now we have one more geng living in east side of KL. nice. now can do TTS in gombak area rather than west side.
BE FAITHFUL! BE STRONG! BE VIGILANT!
'...a mind without purpose will walk in dark places.' -The Spheres of Longing, II. ix. 31.
Mephisto the Heretic
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#18  Postby Mephisto the Heretic » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:52 pm

haryani81 wrote:
mephisto wrote:
Me! Me!

Sorry Memphisto. I just reopened this thread after 4 months. I used to swim alot last time but I havent tried yoga yet. Normally I go swimming at my aunty's place in Setiawangsa. Kampung Warisan. Maybe I can join u guys swimming one day. Need to do some work out. No stamina already, easily 'pancit'.

can. join us for the next pool session. and if possible we can do swimming session. as per above najibest wants to swim and ridrahim and ah pooi also wants to start swimming.
'...a mind without purpose will walk in dark places.' -The Spheres of Longing, II. ix. 31.
Mephisto the Heretic
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#19  Postby tulip » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:15 pm

mephistophelies wrote:swimming is always on beb. but saturdays i usually go Bukit Jalil pool, they put up lanes there so easy to do laps.

sunday yes, cheras. usually morning session cum what ever session that MUW has on during the time.

but if i were you, living near the pool, i would go at least 3 times a week because of the convinience.

try laa....got anything better to do?

waaa....now we have one more geng living in east side of KL. nice. now can do TTS in gombak area rather than west side.

TT in gombak? agreed.  :angel8: :angel8:
err... huh?
tulip
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#20  Postby Johnny Ong » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:35 am

So... any1 doing yoga here?
They said learning yoga can reduce the heart beat rate, hence can stay longer in the water if go freedive.
Johnny Ong
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#21  Postby ScubaBunny » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:12 pm

M doin yoga.. just recently becoming an adict to one. Started back 2 mths @ home. Needed less impact w/out den running on other days.

Yup yoga does improve breathing + clarity of mind + serenity + mind & body flexibility & stability.
ScubaBunny
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#22  Postby Mephisto the Heretic » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:40 pm

Yup, Scuba Bunny is right on the benefits of Yoga.

You should see her last week after Yoga class. She was so relaxed and her face was so calm you would thought she was high on drugs...heh
Mephisto the Heretic
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#23  Postby ScubaBunny » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Mephisto wrote:Yup, Scuba Bunny is right on the benefits of Yoga.

You should see her last week after Yoga class. She was so relaxed and her face was so calm you would thought she was high on drugs...heh

Hey!!  :angry4:
ScubaBunny
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#24  Postby Johnny Ong » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:01 pm

hi, scuba bunny. Can u tell some detail bout yoga?
R u still in the process of learning with coach or practising urself?
Wat's the need to practise yoga? Wat's the fee if wannna learn fr a coach? How does it carry out? and so on...
Johnny Ong
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#25  Postby MagicLamp » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:36 pm

GOD wrote:I have very good YOGA CD from India, got it when I was there ....present from my Diving Superintendent.

;D

Dear GOD, am practising yoga at home and would love to have a copy of the yoga cd.  amen.
hehehee... joke aside, yoga is great and i love it!!  can provide some free lessons if you guys are interested... ;)
cheers!
from PD with love
MagicLamp
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#26  Postby tulip » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:41 pm

hey there magic lamp.. u teach yoga?
err... huh?
tulip
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#27  Postby MagicLamp » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:55 pm

tulip wrote:hey there magic lamp.. u teach yoga?

enjoy yoga so much, started giving free classes to colleagues this year.  just for fun  :)
MagicLamp
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#28  Postby tulip » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:06 pm

cool.. maybe can meet up whenever i'm in PD.. and maybe can get that free lessons.. ;)
err... huh?
tulip
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#29  Postby Johnny Ong » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:06 pm

MagicLamp wrote:
GOD wrote:I have very good YOGA CD from India, got it when I was there ....present from my Diving Superintendent.

;D

Dear GOD, am practising yoga at home and would love to have a copy of the yoga cd.  amen.
hehehee... joke aside, yoga is great and i love it!!  can provide some free lessons if you guys are interested... ;)
cheers!
from PD with love

Free lessons? I wan i wan! But PD too far for me,zzz.... anyhow can pm me ur msn?
Johnny Ong
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#30  Postby MagicLamp » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:28 pm

tulip wrote:cool.. maybe can meet up whenever i'm in PD.. and maybe can get that free lessons.. ;)

sure...
MagicLamp
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Next

Return to General Freediving