MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Re: ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Post Number:#31  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:49 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE STRAITS OF MALACCA (NORTHERN)

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring in the Straits of Malacca (Northern) are expected to continue until morning, Tuesday (24 April 2007).
This condition is expected to cause rough seas up to 2.5 metres and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 24 Apr 2007, 12.00 am
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#32  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:51 am

THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Issued at : 6.00 pm 23/04/2007  
SECTION A
THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN ADVISORY

Fairly widespreads thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds is expected to occur over Johor, Pahang, Melaka, N.Sembilan, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Perak, P.Pinang, Kedah and Perlis mainly in the late afternoon until evening from Tuesday, 24 April 2007 until Wednesday, 25 April 2007.

SECTION B

WARNING UPDATE

RED STAGE THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Fairly widespreads thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over West Johor, Southern Pahang, Melaka, N.Sembilan, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Perak, P.Pinang, Kedah and Perlis is expected to continue until late night, Monday(23 April 2007).
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#33  Postby taurusdiver » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:31 pm

thanks alot SD bro, think i got to call my mum to get a dryer for their clothes liao, since they are staying in Tanjung Tokong Penang, and my house facing to the Malacca Straits somemore....where tsunami hits the whole kampung in front of my house,,,, :-/
taurusdiver
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#34  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:58 pm

thanks alot SD bro, think i got to call my mum to get a dryer for their clothes liao, since they are staying in Tanjung Tokong Penang, and my house facing to the Malacca Straits somemore....where tsunami hits the whole kampung in front of my house,,,, :-/

Haha..I used to stay there too..in a house near the school by the main road. After that I moved to the UDA flats.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#35  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:56 pm

Issued at : 5.30 pm 24/04/2007  
Warning Update
SECTION A THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN ADVISORY

Fairly widespreads thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds are expected to occur over Johor, Pahang, Melaka, N.Sembilan, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Perak, P.Pinang, Kedah and Perlis mainly in the late afternoon until evening from Tuesday, 24 April 2007 until Wednesday, 25 April 2007.

SECTION B

Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds now occurring over Johor, Kedah, Terengganu, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Perlis and Pahang are expected to persist until early night (24 April 2007). This condition is expected to spread over Perak, Penang, Malacca and N. Sembilan.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#36  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:57 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE COASTAL WATERS OF STRAIT OF MALACCA

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over several places in the Coastal waters of Strait of Malacca are expected to continue until morning of Thursday (26 April 2007).
This condition is expected to cause rough seas up to 2.5 metres and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 26 Apr 2007, 12.30 am

Issued at : 3.15 am 26/04/2007  
Warning Update

SECTION A

Widespread thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds now occurring over Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, N.Sembilan, Malacca and West Johor is expected to persist until late morning today.

SECTION B

Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds now occurring over Sri Aman, Betong and Kapit is expected to continue until late morning today. This condition is expected to spread over Samarahan and Kuching.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#37  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:09 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE COASTAL WATERS OF EAST JOHOR AND SULU SEA, SABAH.

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over several places in the Coastal waters of East Johor and Sulu Sea, Sabah are expected to continue until afternoon, Thursday (26 April 2007).

Updated on 26 Apr 2007, 11.50 am

Issued at : 9.30 am 26/04/2007  
Warning Update

[Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain now occurring over Interior of N. Sembilan, Interior of Pahang and East Johor is expected to persist until this afternoon.

This condition is expected to spread over West Johor by late morning and expected to persist until this late afternoon.

Note: Aur/Dayang/Tioman are East Johor
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#38  Postby MACHA » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:58 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE COASTAL WATERS OF EAST JOHOR AND SULU SEA, SABAH.

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over several places in the Coastal waters of East Johor and Sulu Sea, Sabah are expected to continue until afternoon, Thursday (26 April 2007).

Updated on 26 Apr 2007, 11.50 am

Issued at : 9.30 am 26/04/2007  
Warning Update

[Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain now occurring over Interior of N. Sembilan, Interior of Pahang and East Johor is expected to persist until this afternoon.

This condition is expected to spread over West Johor by late morning and expected to persist until this late afternoon.

Note: Aur/Dayang/Tioman are East Johor

Yup...there's a bit of white caps in Redang now since 1500,mild wind coming from north...condition still safe to dive.

namaste
"A man needs a little madness or he never breaks the rope and goes free"......Zorba
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 1

Post Number:#39  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:28 pm

Current's gonna be fun too, Macha. Big difference between low and high tides. For those diving this weekend, dive safe. Remember your limitations. And take care please.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#40  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:42 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE COASTAL WATERS OFF KELANTAN, TERENGGANU, JOHOR, PAHANG AND SABAH

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring in the Coastal waters off Kelantan,Terengganu, Pahang, Johor dan Sabah are expected to continue until night(27 April 2007).

Updated on 27 Apr 2007, 5.20 pm

Issued at : 6.45 pm 27/04/2007  
SECTION A
WARNING UPDATE

Present scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain occurring over FT Labuan, Kudat, West Coast, Interior and Tawau Divisions of Sabah is expected to continue until tonight(27 April 2007).

SECTION B

Present scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain occurring over Perlis, Kedah, Perak, Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Johor, Melaka, N.Sembilan, Selangor and Kuala Lumpur is expected to persist until early night(27 April 2007).
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#41  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:05 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
in the coastal waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang & East Johor

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over several places in the coastal waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang & East Johor are expected to continue until Saturday noon (28 April 2007).

Updated on 28 Apr 2007, 8.10 am

Issued at : 8.30 am 28/04/2007

Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain now occurring over coastal water of East Coast Peninsular is expected to spread over Terengganu, Kelantan, East Johor and Pahang. This condition is expected to continue until afternoon (28/04/2007).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#42  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:18 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
over the coastal waters of Malacca Strait

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over the coastal waters of Malacca Strait are expected to continue until early morning, Sunday (29 April 2007).

Updated on 28 Apr 2007, 9.40 pm

Issued at : 10.15 pm 28/04/2007  
SECTION A

Thunderstorms and heavy rain is expected to occur over several places in N.Sembilan, Melaka and Langkawi starting from late evening(28 April 2007) until early morning(29 April 2007).

SECTION B

Heavy rain and thunderstorms now occurring over several places in Bintulu, Mukah and Kapit Divisions of Sarawak is expected to continue until early morning(29 April 2007).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#43  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:56 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
OVER THE COASTAL WATER OFF NORTHERN STRAITS OF MALACCA AND SABAH

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over the coastal waters off northern Malacca Strait; and Tawau, Sandakan, Pantai Barat, Labuan and Pedalaman in Sabah are expected to continue until afternoon, Sunday (29 April 2007).

Updated on 29 Apr 2007, 10.40 am

Issued at : 11.35 am 29/04/2007  
WARNING UPDATE

Heavy rain and thunderstorms occurring over several places in Langkawi, Perlis and Penang are expected to continue until afternoon, Sunday (29 April 2007).
This condition is expected to spread over Kedah and Perak.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#44  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:00 pm

Issued at : 4.05 pm 29/04/2007  
WARNING UPDATE
SECTION A

Heavy rain and thunderstorms occurring over several places in Northern Perak and Interior of Kelantan are expected to continue until night, Sunday (29 April 2007). This condition is expected to spread over isolated areas in Terengganu and Southern Pahang.

SECTION B

Heavy rain and thunderstorms occurring over several places in Sri Aman, Betong, Sarikei, Sibu and Mukah Divisions in Sarawak are expected to continue until night, Sunday (29 April 2007).

In Sabah, heavy rain occurring over several places in West Coast, Interior, Tawau, Sandakan and Kudat Divisions are expected to continue until night, Sunday (29 April 2007).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#45  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue May 01, 2007 12:40 am

HEAVY RAIN/THUNDERSTORMS ADVISORY
(YELLOW STAGE)
Issued at : 12.45 pm 30/04/2007

Fairly widespread rain occasionally heavy with thunderstorms are expected to occur from time to time over Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Northern Perak and Kelantan from today, Monday (30 April 2007) till tomorrow,Tuesday (1 May 2007).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#46  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue May 01, 2007 12:45 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
OVER THE COASTAL WATER OFF SOUTHERN STRAITS OF MALACCA AND EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over the coastal waters off Southern Malacca Strait and east coast of Peninsular are expected to continue until late afternoon, Tuesday (01 May 2007).

Updated on 01 May 2007, 8.00 am

Issued at : 11.45 am 01/05/2007  
HEAVY RAIN/THUNDERSTORMS ADVISORY(YELLOW STAGE)

Fairly widespread rain occasionally heavy with thunderstorms are expected to occur from time to time over Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Northern Perak and Kelantan from today, Monday (30 April 2007) till tomorrow,Tuesday (1 May 2007).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#47  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue May 01, 2007 10:57 pm

Issued at : 6.46 pm 01/05/2007  
WARNING UPDATE

Thunderstorms and heavy rain now occurring over several places in Kedah, Northern Perak, Terengganu, Eastern Pahang and Eastern Johor is expected to continue until tonight(1 May 2007).

HEAVY RAIN/THUNDERSTORMS ADVISORY(YELLOW STAGE)

Fairly widespread rain occasionally heavy with thunderstorms are expected to occur from time to time over Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Northern Perak and Kelantan from Monday (30 April 2007) till Tuesday (1 May 2007).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#48  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed May 02, 2007 4:22 am

Issued at : 2.20 am 02/05/2007  
WARNING UPDATE
SECTION A

Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain occurring over Perlis, Kedah, Langkawi Island, Northern Perak and inland areas of Kelantan is expected to continue until tomorrow morning, Wednesday(2 May 2007).

SECTION B

Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds are expected to occur over Melaka, N. Sembilan, coastal areas of Selangor and West Johor and expected to continue until tomorrow morning, Wednesday(2 May 2007).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#49  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed May 02, 2007 10:22 pm

Issued at : 8.38 pm 02/05/2007

Heavy rain and thunderstorms now occurring over several places in Kedah and Kelantan is expected to continue midnight(2 May 2007).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#50  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu May 03, 2007 1:56 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
OVER THE COASTAL WATERS OFF NORTHERN MALACCA STRAITS AND SARAWAK

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over the coastal waters off Northern Malacca Straits and Sarawak are expected to continue until late afternoon, Thursday (03 May 2007).

Updated on 03 May 2007, 8.50 am

Issued at : 1.25 pm 03/05/2007  
WARNING UPDATE
SECTION A

Heavy rain and thunderstorms occurring over several places in Southeastern Pahang and Johore is expected to continue until tonight, Thursday(03/05/07). This condition is expected to spread over Kelantan, Perak, Kedah and Perlis.

SECTION B

Heavy rain and thunderstorms occurring over several places in West Coast, Kudat, Sandakan and Tawau Divisions, Sabah is expected to continue until tonight, Thursday(03/05/07). This condition is expected to spread over Interior Division and FT Labuan.

Heavy rain and thunderstorms is expected to occur over several places in Kuching, Sri Aman, Samarahan, Mukah and Sibu Divisions, Sarawak and expected to continue until tonight, Thursday(03/05/07).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#51  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu May 03, 2007 5:11 pm

Issued at : 4.50 pm 03/05/2007  
WARNING UPDATE
SECTION A

Heavy rain and thunderstorms occurring over several places in Terengganu, Pahang and Johore is expected to continue until tonight, Thursday(03/05/07). This condition is expected to spread over Kelantan and Perak.

SECTION B

Heavy rain and thunderstorms occurring over several places in West Coast, Kudat, Sandakan and Tawau Divisions, Sabah is expected to continue until tonight, Thursday(03/05/07). This condition is expected to spread over Interior Division and FT Labuan.

Heavy rain and thunderstorms is expected to occur over several places in Kuching, Sri Aman, Samarahan, Mukah and Sibu Divisions, Sarawak and expected to continue until tonight, Thursday(03/05/07).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#52  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri May 04, 2007 12:13 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
OVER THE COASTAL WATERS OFF SELANGOR, NEGERI SEMBILAN, MELAKA, TERENGGANU DAN KELANTAN

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over the coastal waters off Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Terengganu and Kelantan are expected to continue until morning, Friday (04 May 2007).

Updated on 03 May 2007, 10.40 pm

Issued at : 9.30 pm 03/05/2007  
WARNING UPDATE
SECTION A

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds now occurring over several places in Terengganu, N. Sembilan, Kelantan,Perak and Pahang is expected to continue until tomorrow morning, Friday (04 May 2007). These condition is expected to spread over Melaka and Selangor.

SECTION B

Heavy rain and thunderstorms occurring over several places in West Coast, Sandakan and Tawau Divisions, Sabah is expected to continue until tonight, Thursday(03/05/07).

Heavy rain and thunderstorms occurring over several places in Limbang, Sarawak is expected to continue until tonight, Thursday(03/05/07).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#53  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri May 04, 2007 2:09 am

Issued at : 12.30 am 04/05/2007  
WARNING UPDATE

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds now occurring over several places in N. Sembilan, Selangor, Melaka and Pahang is expected to continue until tomorrow morning, Friday (04 May 2007). These condition is expected to spread over Johor.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#54  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri May 04, 2007 11:38 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
OVER THE COASTAL WATERS OFF NEGERI SEMBILAN, MELAKA, JOHOR, PAHANG AND TERENGGANU

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over the coastal waters off Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Johor, Pahang and Terengganu are expected to continue until afternoon, Friday (04 May 2007).

Updated on 04 May 2007, 6.00 am

Issued at : 8.00 am 04/05/2007  
WARNING UPDATE

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds now occurring over several places in Melaka, Southern Johor, Langkawi and Perlis is expected to continue until afternoon, Friday (04 May 2007). These condition is expected to spread over Kedah.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#55  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon May 07, 2007 4:06 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE SOUTH CHINA SEA

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over the coastal waters off Terengganu are expected to continue until predawn, Monday (07 May 2007).
This condition is expected to cause rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 07 May 2007, 3.10 am

Issued at : 10.04 pm 06/05/2007  
SECTION A

Heavy rain and thunderstorms now occurring over several places in Kelantan and Terengganu is expected to continue until early morning(7 May 2007).

SECTION B

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds now occurring over several places in Sandakan, Tawau, Interior and West Coast Division of Sabah is expected to continue until tonight.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#56  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon May 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Issued at : 7.24 am 07/05/2007  
SECTION A

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds is expected to occur over several places in Penang and North Western of Perak starting from early morning till 10 am today(7 May 2007).

SECTION B

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds now occurring over several places in Melaka and N.Sembilan is expected to continue until late morning(7 May 2007). This condition is expected to spread over several places in Western Johor.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#57  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon May 07, 2007 9:13 pm

Issued at : 8.30 pm 07/05/2007  
Warning Update
Section A

Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain now occurring over Southern Pahang and Kelantan is expected to persist until early morning tomorrow (8 May 2007).

Section B

Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain now occurring over Sandakan Division of Sabah is expected to spread over Tawau Division. This condition is expected to persist until tonight.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#58  Postby Nitrogen addict » Tue May 08, 2007 12:36 am

SD i really appreciate all this weather report from you.  I sincerely thank you.

THANKS A MILLION  :)
www.oceanelements.my @OceanElements
Nitrogen addict
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#59  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue May 08, 2007 12:17 pm

Thank you Maltymouse. I've been given the task as Moderator for this thread, so I'm helping my fellow Mods by keeping the info here up to date as much as possible for the benefit of all.

Thank you.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#60  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue May 08, 2007 12:22 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE COASTAL WATERS OFF PAHANG AND TERENGGANU

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over the coastal waters off Pahang and Terengganu are expected to continue until afternoon, Tuesday (08 May 2007).
This condition is expected to cause rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 08 May 2007, 6.00 am
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

PreviousNext

Return to Weather / Travel Advisory