MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Re: ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Post Number:#271  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:17 pm

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING
WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS

STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEAS WARNING (FIRST CATEGORY)

Strong Southwesterly winds of 40 - 50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over waters off Phuket, Perlis, Kedah, Pulau Pinang, Samui, Kelantan, Terengganu, Condore, Reef North, Layang-layang, FT Labuan, Sabah and Palawan are expected to continue until Tuesday, 6 October 2009.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small crafts, recreational sea activities and sea sports.

Updated on 04 Oct 2009, 10.50 am
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#272  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:19 am

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

SECTION A: WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (THIRD CATEGORY) Upgraded from 2nd category issued at 3.40 pm, 9 March 2010

Strong Northeasterly winds from 60 kmph with waves up to 5.5 metres over the waters off Condore, Reef North and Layang-Layang is expected to continue until Saturday, 13 March 2010.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all coastal and shipping activities including workers on oil platform.

SECTION B: WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (SECOND CATEGORY) Upgraded from 1st category issued at 9.10 am, 8 March 2010

Strong Northeasterly winds of 50-60 kmph with waves up to 4.5 metres over the waters off Samui (Kelantan and Terengganu), Tioman (Pahang and East Coast of Johore), Sarawak, Labuan F.T, Sabah (West Coast and Kudat), Palawan, Bunguran and Reef South is expected to continue until Saturday, 13 March 2010.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all shipping and coastal activities including fishing and ferry services.

SECTION C : ADVISORY ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (FIRST CATEGORY)

Strong Northeasterly winds of 40-50 kmph with waves up to 3.5 metres are expected to occur over the waters off Samui (Kelantan and Terengganu), Labuan F.T, Sabah (West Coast, Kudat and Sandakan), Condore, Reef North, Layang-Layang, Palawan and Sulu beginning from Tuesday, 16 March 2010 until Friday, 19 March 2010.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small crafts, recreational sea activities and sea sports.

Updated on 12 Mar 2010, 4.10 pm
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#273  Postby Borneo Dream » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:47 am

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing the Malaysian Meteorological Departments strong wind & rough seas warning. Whilst the South China Sea is stunning for diving when calm, the weather can also quickly turn and become dangerous for recreational diving.

We use the Malaysian Governments weather warnings to inform our diving schedule from Kota Kinabalu. We were due to go offshore today for a wreck diving trip (30nm from KK) but changed the trip to our local Marine Park based up on this rough seas warning you are sharing (which was first issued a few days ago). We don't like letting our customers down but they all really appreciated that we were putting their safety first. They are now currently enjoying dives on more sheltered coral reefs in TARP.

Please keep posting these weather warnings for Malaysia so MuW Divers (& Dive Operators) can be informed and dive safely  :)

BD
Borneo Dream Travel & Tours Sdn Bhd
Borneo Dream
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#274  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:14 pm

SECOND CATEGORY WARNING

SECTION A: WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (SECOND CATEGORY) Upgraded from advisory issued at 4.15 pm, 12 March 2010.

Strong Northeasterly winds of 50-60 kmph with waves up to 4.5 metres over the waters off Condore, Reef North and Layang-Layang are expected to continue until saturday, 20 March 2010.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all shipping and coastal activities including fishing and ferry services.

SECTION B: WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (FIRST CATEGORY) Upgraded from advisory issued at 4.15 pm, 12 March 2010.

Strong Northeasterly winds of 40-50 kmph with waves up to 3.5 metres over the waters off Samui (Kelantan and Terengganu), Tioman (Pahang and east Johore), Sarawak, Labuan F.T, Sabah (West Coast, Kudat and Sandakan), Bunguran, Reef South, Palawan and Sulu are expected to continue until Saturday, 20 March 2010.

SECTION C : THUNDERSTORM WARNING Update

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Sarawak (Kuching and Mukah) is expected to continue until late afternoon, Wednesday, 17 March 2010.

This condition can cause strong winds up to 50 km/h and rough seas up to 3.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 17 Mar 2010, 12.40 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Previous

Return to Weather / Travel Advisory