MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Re: ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Post Number:#241  Postby Flubber » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:03 pm

John F SeaDemon wrote:FIRST CATEGORY WARNING
WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS

Strong Wind and Rough Sea Warning- First Category
(Issued on 3.20 am 18 September 2008)

The strong Southwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph and maximum wave up to 3.5 meter is expected to occur over waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Condore, Reef South, East Sarawak, Reef North, F.T. Labuan, West Sabah, Palawan and Sulu Sea from Sunday, 21 September 2008 until Thursday, 25 September 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to shipping activities including fishing and ferry services and coastal activities

Updated on 19 Sep 2008, 2.50 pm

How odd! I dived in Redang on 20th & 21st September. Sea conditions were fine except for a storm on the 21st night. Was slightly choppy only during my return back to Kuala Merang on 22nd September. But certainly didn't encounter any 10 foot waves!  :D
Flubber
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#242  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:23 am

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

1) STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEA WARNING - FIRST CATEGORY

The strong Southwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph and maximum wave up to 3.5 meters over waters off Condore and Reef North is expected to continue until Wednesday, 1 October 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to shipping activities including fishing and ferry services and coastal activities.

2) THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorms activities over waters off Langkawi, Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Perak and western Johore is expected to continue until morning, Tuesday 30th September 2008.

This condition can cause strong wind up to 40 kmph and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 30 Sep 2008, 1.30 am

THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Issued at : 10.00 pm 29/09/2008

WARNING UPDATE

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Terengganu (Kemaman and Dungun Districts) and Pahang (Kuantan, Jerantut and Lipis Districts) is expected to persist until early morning, Tuesday 30 September 2008.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#243  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:14 am

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

(Issued at : 8.45 am, 29 September 2008)

The strong Southwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph and maximum wave up to 3.5 meters over waters off Condore and Reef North is expected to continue until Wednesday, 1 October 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to shipping activities including fishing and ferry services and coastal activities.

2) THUNDERSTORMS WARNING (Warning Update)

Thunderstorms activities over coastal waters off Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Perak, Malacca, Johore and Pahang is expected to continue until morning, Tuesday, 1 October 2008.

This condition can cause strong wind up to 40 kmph and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 01 Oct 2008, 12.10 am
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#244  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:33 am

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

(Issued at : 8.45 am, 29 September 2008)

2) THUNDERSTORMS WARNING (Warning Update)

Thunderstorms activities over coastal waters off west Sarawak is expected to continue until early morning, Thursday, 2 October 2008.

Updated on 01 Oct 2008, 9.40 pm

Issued at : 10.45 pm 01/10/2008

WARNING UPDATE

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over Sarawak (Kuching, Samarahan, Sri Aman, Betong, Sarikei, Sibu and Mukah Divisions) is expected to persist until morning, Thursday 2 October 2008.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#245  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:42 pm

Issued at : 7.10 pm 11/10/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over Central and Northern Kedah is expected to persist until midnight, Saturday 11 October 2008.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#246  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:12 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING

SECTION A : WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING

Thunderstorm activities over South China Sea is expected to persist until 25 October 2008.

This condition can cause strong winds up to 40 kmph and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

SECTION B : WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING
(Warning Update)

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Negeri Sembilan, Malacca, West Johore, Pahang, Terengganu, Kelantan, Bunguran, Sarawak, East Sabah and Sulu is expected to persist until noon, Thursday, 23 October 2008.

This condition can cause strong winds up to 40 kmph and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 23 Oct 2008, 10.00 am

HEAVY RAIN ADVISORY (YELLOW STAGE)

Issued at : 11.40 am 23/10/2008

SECTION A

Intermittent rain occasionally heavy now occurring over coastal areas of Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and Johore, is expected to spread over to all states in Peninsula Malaysia especially over northern states of Peninsular (Perlis, Kedah, Penang and Northern Perak) by evening, Thursday 23 October 2008. This condition is expected to continue until tomorrow, Friday 24 October 2008.

SECTION B

Intermittent rain occasionally heavy occurring from Wednesday night, 22 October 2008 over Sabah (Kudat, West Coast and Interior Divisions), FT Labuan and East Sarawak is expected to continue until Friday 24 October 2008. This condition may cause flash floods and mudslides along low-lying areas, mountain slopes and river banks.

WEATHER FOR TIOMAN - DEEPAVALI WEEKEND

Thursday 23rd through Saturday 25th October 2008

Rain all day. Night - fair.

Sunday 26th through Monday 27th October 2008

Sunny all day.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#247  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:18 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING

SECTION A : WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING

Thunderstorm activities over South China Sea is expected to persist until 25 October 2008.

SECTION B : WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING (Warning Update)

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Perlis, Kedah, Langkawi, Negeri Sembilan, Malacca, Johore, Pahang, Kelantan, Sarawak and West Sabah is expected to persist until noon, Friday, 24 October 2008.

Updated on 24 Oct 2008, 4.40 am

THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN ADVISORY/WARNING

Issued at : 7.50 am 24/10/2008

WARNING UPDATE

i) Intermittent rain occasionally heavy now occurring over Kelantan, Terengganu and Northern Pahang states is expected to continue until tomorrow, Friday 24 October 2008.

ii) Intermittent rain occasionally heavy occurring from Wednesday night, 22 October 2008 over Sabah (Kudat, West Coast and Interior Divisions), FT Labuan and East Sarawak is expected to continue until Friday 24 October 2008. This condition may cause flash floods and mudslides along low-lying areas, mountain slopes and river banks.

Updated at : 12.10 am 24/10/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over Sarawak (Kuching, Samarahan, Sri Aman, Sibu, Sarikei, Mukah, Bintulu and Kapit Divisions) is expected to persist until morning, Friday 24 October 2008.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#248  Postby sheila » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:17 am

Thanks for the updates SD  :)
Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit, has limited imagination.
sheila
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#249  Postby Nitrogen addict » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:38 pm

thank you weather man
www.oceanelements.my @OceanElements
Nitrogen addict
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#250  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:01 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING

WARNING UPDATE

Thunderstorms activities over waters off Tioman, North of Sabah and North of Sulu Sea are expected to continue until midnight, Saturday, 15 November 2008.

This condition can cause strong wind up to 40 km/h and rough seas up to 2.5 metres and dangerous to small boats.

WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS - Update

a) Strong Winds and Rough Seas Warning- Second Category

Strong northeasterly winds with speed from 50 - 60 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 4.5 metres over the waters off Condore, Reef North and Layang-Layang is expected to persist until Saturday, 15 November 2008.
This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all shipping activities, wokers on oil platform ad coastal activities.

b) Strong Winds and Rough Seas Warning- First Category

Strong northeasterly winds of 40 - 50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over the waters off Kudat, West Sabah, F.T Labuan, Sarawak, East Coast Peninsular Malaysia and East Johore is expected to persist until Saturday, 15 November 2008.
This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small crafts, recreational sea activities and sea sports.

Updated on 15 Nov 2008, 2.10 pm

Issued at : 4.05 pm 15/11/2008

WARNING UPDATE

Updated at : 4.05 pm 15/11/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over Sabah (West Coast and Interior Divisions), Perak (Selama, Larut, Matang, Perak Tengah and Kinta Districts), Selangor (Hulu Selangor, Petaling, Hulu Langat and Gombak Districts), N.Sembilan (Seremban, Kuala Pilah, Jelebu and Jempol Districts) and Johore (Pontian, Batu Pahat, Kluang, Segamat and Muar Districts) is expected to persist until night, Saturday 15 November 2008.

Issued at : 4.30 pm 14/11/2008

Moderate rain occasionally heavy is expected to occur from time to time over Kelantan and Terengganu from Wednesday, 19 November 2008 until Friday, 21 November 2008.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#251  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:15 am

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

Updated on 26 Nov 2008, jam 11.50 malam

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS

SECTION A

WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (THIRD CATEGORY)

(Issued at 24 Nov 2008, 11:30 pm)

The strong northeasterly wind from 60 kmph and maximum wave heights of 5.5 meters is expected to occur over the waters off Condore, Palawan, Reef North and Pulau Layang-Layang from Thursday, 27 November until Monday, 1 December 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to shipping activities, workers on oil platform and coastal activities.

WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (SECOND CATEGORY)

The strong northeasterly wind of 50-60 kmph and with maximum wave heights of 4.5 meters is expected to occur over the waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, East Johore, Sarawak, FT. Labuan , West Sabah and Kudat from Thursday, 27 November until Monday, 1 December 2008.

WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (FIRST CATEGORY)

The strong northeasterly wind of 40-50 kmph and maximum wave heights of 3.5 meters is expected to occur over the waters off Sulu from Thursday, 27 November until Monday, 1 December 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small boats.

SECTION B

THUNDERSTORM WARNING (WARNING UPDATE)

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Penang, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Malacca, west Johor and Pahang are expected to continue until morning, Thursday 27 November 2008.

This condition can cause strong wind up to 40 km/h and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 26 Nov 2008, 11.50 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#252  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:52 pm

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

SECTION A

The strong northeasterly wind from 60 kmph and maximum wave heights of 5.5 meters is expected to occur over the waters off Condore, Palawan, Reef North and Pulau Layang-Layang from Thursday, 27 November until Monday, 1 December 2008.
This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to shipping activities, workers on oil platform and coastal activities.

The strong northeasterly wind of 50-60 kmph and with maximum wave heights of 4.5 meters is expected to occur over the waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, East Johore, Sarawak, FT. Labuan , West Sabah and Kudat from Thursday, 27 November until Monday, 1 December 2008.

The strong northeasterly wind of 40-50 kmph and maximum wave heights of 3.5 meters is expected to occur over the waters off Sulu from Thursday, 27 November until Monday, 1 December 2008.

SECTION B

THUNDERSTORM WARNING (WARNING UPDATE)

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and east Johore are expected to continue until late morning, Friday 28 November 2008.

This condition can cause strong wind up to 40 km/h and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 27 Nov 2008, 4.20 pm

HEAVY RAIN WARNING
(ORANGE STAGE)

Issued at : 9.30 pm 27/11/2008
THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN WARNING (ORANGE STAGE)

Updated at : 9.30 pm 27/11/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds over Selangor (Kuala Selangor, Klang, Gombak, Petaling, Kuala Langat, Sepang and Hulu Langat Districts), FT Kuala Lumpur, FT Putrajaya and Negeri Sembilan is expected to persist until early morning, Friday 28 November 2008.

I) Updated at : 9.30 pm 27/11/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds over Malacca is expected to persist until early morning, Friday 28 November 2008.

II) Updated at : 8.15 pm 27/11/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds over Sabah (West Coast and Interior Divisions), FT Labuan and Sarawak (Limbang and Miri Divisions) is expected to persist until midnight, Thursday 27 November 2008.

HEAVY RAIN WARNING (ORANGE STAGE)
Issued at : 12.35 pm 27/11/2008

Heavy Rain Advisory (Yellow Stage) issued on 24 November 2008 has been upgraded to Heavy Rain Warning (Orange Stage) for Terengganu (Kuala Terengganu, Besut, Setiu, Dungun, Kemaman, Marang dan Hulu Terengganu Districts). Moderate rain occasionally heavy occurring over Terengganu is expected to persist until Sunday, 30 November 2008.
This condition may cause flood along river banks and low-lying areas.

Updated at : 12.35 pm 27/11/2008

Rain currently occurring from time to time over Kelantan (Tumpat, Kota Bharu, Bachok, Pasir Puteh, Pasir Mas, Tanah Merah, Machang, Jeli and Kuala Krai Districts), Pahang (Jerantut, Kuantan, Pekan, Rompin, Maran, Bera and Temerloh Districts), Kedah (Kubang Pasu, Padang Terap, Kota Setar, Sik, Pendang dan Yan) and Perlis is expected to become more heavier from Thursday, 27 November 2008. This situation is expected to last until Sunday, 30 November 2008.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#253  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:14 pm

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

The strong northeasterly wind from 60 kmph and maximum wave heights of 5.5 meters is expected to occur over the waters off Condore, Palawan, Reef North and Pulau Layang-Layang until Monday, 1 December 2008.

The strong northeasterly wind of 50-60 kmph and with maximum wave heights of 4.5 meters is expected to occur over the waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, East Johore, Sarawak, FT. Labuan, West Sabah and Kudat until Monday, 1 December 2008.

The strong northeasterly wind of 40-50 kmph and maximum wave heights of 3.5 meters is expected to occur over the waters off Sulu until Monday, 1 December 2008.

Updated on 30 Nov 2008, 6.00 pm

HEAVY RAIN WARNING
(ORANGE STAGE)

Issued at : 7.45 pm 30/11/2008

Updated at : 1.00 pm 29/11/2008

Moderate rain occasionally heavy occurring from time to time over Kelantan (Tumpat, Kota Bharu, Bachok, Pasir Puteh, Pasir Mas, Tanah Merah, Machang, Jeli and Kuala Krai Districts) and Terengganu (Besut, Setiu, Kuala Terengganu, Marang and Hulu Terengganu Districts) is expected to persist until night Sunday, 30 November 2008.

Updated at : 12.35 petang 27/11/2008

Rain currently occurring from time to time over Pahang (Jerantut, Kuantan, Pekan, Rompin, Maran, Bera and Temerloh Districts), Kedah (Kubang Pasu, Padang Terap, Kota Setar, Sik, Pendang dan Yan) and Perlis is expected to become more heavier from Thursday, 27 November 2008. This situation is expected to last until Sunday, 30 November 2008.

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#254  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:25 pm

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

WARNING UPDATE

(Issued at 03 Dec 2008, 01:00 pm)

Northeasterly winds from 60 kmph and maximum wave heights of 5.5 metres are expected to persist over the waters off Condore, Palawan, Reef North and Pulau Layang-Layang until Thursday, 11 December 2008.

The strong northeasterly wind of 50-60 kmph and with maximum wave heights of 4.5 meters over the waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, East Johore, Sarawak, FT. Labuan, West Sabah and Kudat are expected to persist until Thursday, 11 December 2008.

Thunderstorm Warning

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Tioman, Bunguran, Condore, Reef North, Reef South, Labuan and Palawan are expected to continue until Saturday, 6 December 2008.

Updated on 05 Dec 2008, 4.30 pm

Issued at : 3.30 pm 05/12/2008
i) Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over Selangor (Petaling and Klang Districts) and FT Kuala Lumpur is expected to persist until late afternoon, Friday 5 December 2008. The same weather condition is expected to occur over Selangor (Gombak and Sepang Districts) and FT Putrajaya.

ii) Issued at: 2.00 pm 05/12/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over Sabah (Interior, Kudat, Tawau and West Coast Divisions) is expected to persist until late afternoon, Friday 5 December 2008. The same weather condition is expected to occur over Sabah (Sandakan Division) and FT Labuan.

HEAVY RAIN ADVISORY(YELLOW STAGE)

Updated at : 3.45 pm 04/12/2008

Moderate rain occasionally heavy is expected to occur:

i) over Kelantan (Tumpat, Kota Bharu, Bachok, Pasir Puteh, Pasir Mas, Tanah Merah, Machang, Jeli and Kuala Krai Districts), Terengganu (Besut, Setiu, Kuala Terengganu, Marang, Hulu Terengganu, Dungun and Kemaman Districts) and Pahang (Jerantut, Kuantan, Maran, Bera, Rompin and Pekan Districts) from Friday afternoon, 5 December 2008 until Monday, 8 December 2008 and

ii) over the state of Johore, Negeri Sembilan and Malacca from Saturday morning, 6 December 2008 until Monday, 8 December 2008.

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#255  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:05 am

STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS WARNING
FOR THE NEXT 72 HOURS

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS

WARNING UPDATE

Northeasterly winds from 60 kmph and maximum wave heights of 5.5 metres are expected to persist over the waters off Condore, Palawan, Reef North and Pulau Layang-Layang until Thursday, 11 December 2008.

The strong northeasterly wind of 50-60 kmph and with maximum wave heights of 4.5 meters over the waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, East Johore, Sarawak, FT. Labuan, West Sabah and Kudat are expected to persist until Thursday, 11 December 2008.

WARNING UPDATE

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
(Issued at 06 Dec 2008, 10:00 am)

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Tioman, Bunguran, Phuket, Northern Straits of Malacca, Condore, Reef North and Palawan are expected to continue until midnight Saturday, 6 December 2008.

Updated on 06 Dec 2008, 10.20 am

HEAVY RAIN WARNING
(ORANGE STAGE)

Issued at : 6.30 am 06/12/2008

Updated at : 6.30 am 06/12/2008

Heavy Rain Advisory (Yellow Stage) issued on 3 Dec 2008 has been upgraded to Heavy Rain Warning (Orange Stage). Moderate rain occasionally heavy occurring over Kelantan (Kota Bharu, Tumpat, Bachok, Pasir Puteh, Pasir Mas, Tanah Merah, Machang, Jeli and Kuala Krai Districts), Terengganu (Kuala Terengganu, Besut, Setiu, Dungun, Kemaman, Marang and Hulu Terengganu Districts) and Pahang (Jerantut, Kuantan, Maran and Pekan Districts) is expected to persist until Monday, 8 December 2008.

Moderate rain occasionally heavy is expected to occur over Pahang (Bera and Rompin Districts), Johore, Negeri Sembilan and Malacca from Saturday morning, 6 December 2008 until Monday, 8 December 2008.

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#256  Postby IkanBilis » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:44 am

Thanks SD, hope my mum's house in JB doesn't flood again.
[font=Freestyle Script][size=12px]IkanBilis in the shallows, under the jetty and near the shore,small and insignificant,too small to play in the deep, yet nice and crispy in nasi lemak. [/size][/font]
IkanBilis
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Location: Nilai, Negeri Sembilan and Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi, Sepang

Post Number:#257  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:55 am

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

(Issued on 03 Dec 2008, 01:00 pm)

THUNDERSTORM WARNING ( Update on 06 Dec 2008, 11.50 pm)

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang,east Sarawak, east Sabah, Tioman, Phuket, Reef North and Palawan are expected to continue until midnight Sunday, 7 December 2008.

Updated on 07 Dec 2008, 12.00 am

HEAVY RAIN WARNING
(ORANGE STAGE)

Issued at : 9.45 am 07/12/2008
Updated at : 9.45 am 07/12/2008

Moderate rain occasionally heavy occurring over Sabah, Kudat Division (Kudat and Kota Merudu) and north of West Coast Division (Kota Belud and Tuaran) is expected to persist until early morning, Monday 8 December 2008. The same weather condition is expected to occur over south of West Coast Division (Kota Kinabalu and Penampang).

Heavy Rain Advisory (Yellow Stage) issued on 3 Dec 2008 has been upgraded to Heavy Rain Warning (Orange Stage). Moderate rain occasionally heavy occurring over Kelantan (Kota Bharu, Tumpat, Bachok, Pasir Puteh, Pasir Mas, Tanah Merah, Machang, Jeli and Kuala Krai Districts), Terengganu (Kuala Terengganu, Besut, Setiu, Dungun, Kemaman, Marang and Hulu Terengganu Districts) and Pahang (Jerantut, Kuantan, Maran and Pekan Districts) is expected to persist until Monday, 8 December 2008.

Moderate rain occasionally heavy is expected to occur over Pahang (Bera and Rompin Districts), Johore, Negeri Sembilan and Malacca from Saturday morning, 6 December 2008 until Monday, 8 December 2008.

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#258  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:11 pm

HEAVY RAIN WARNING
(ORANGE STAGE)

Issued at : 4.30 pm 07/12/2008
Updated at : 4.30 pm 07/12/2008

Moderate rain occasionally heavy occurring over Terengganu (Kuala Terengganu, Besut, Setiu, Dungun, Kemaman, Marang and Hulu Terengganu Districts) and Pahang (Jerantut, Kuantan, Maran, Rompin, Bera, Temerloh and Pekan Districts) and East Johore (Mersing District) is expected to persist until Tuesday, 9 December 2008.

The same weather condition is expected over Kelantan (Gua Musang and Kuala Krai Districts) is expected to persist until Monday, 8 December 2008.

Updated at : 1.15 pm 07/12/2008

Moderate rain occasionally heavy occurring over Sabah, Kudat Division (Kudat and Kota Merudu) and north of West Coast Division (Kota Belud and Tuaran) is expected to persist until night, Monday 8 December 2008. The same weather condition is expected to occur over south of West Coast Division (Kota Kinabalu and Penampang).

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#259  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:35 am

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

THUNDERSTORM WARNING (Update on 08 Dec 2008, 06:20 am).

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Condore, east Sabah, Tioman, Phuket, Northern Straits of Malacca, Southern Straits of Malacca, Reef North, Reef South and Palawan are expected to continue until midnight Monday, 8 December 2008.

Updated on 08 Dec 2008, 6.30 am

HEAVY RAIN WARNING
(ORANGE STAGE)

Issued at : 10.00 am 08/12/2008

Updated at : 10.00 am 08/12/2008

Moderate rain occasionally heavy occurring over Pahang (Pekan, Rompin and Bera Districts), Johore (Segamat, Ledang, Muar, Batu Pahat, Kluang, Mersing, Pontian, Johor Bahru and Kota Tinggi Districts) and Malacca (Jasin and Melaka Tengah Districts) is expected to persist until Tuesday, 9 December 2008.

Moderate rain occasionally heavy is expected to occur over Sarawak (Kuching, Samarahan, Sri Aman, Betong and Sarikei Divisions) from Wednesday, 10 December 2008 until Friday, 12 December 2008.

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#260  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:43 pm

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorms activities over waters off Condore, Reef North, Reef South and Bunguran are expected to continue until Friday, 12 December 2008.

Updated on 09 Dec 2008, 2.50 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#261  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:47 am

Issued at : 11.30 pm 10/12/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over Sarawak (Mukah and Sibu Divisions), Sabah (Kudat, West Coast, Interior and Tawau Divisions) and FT Labuan is expected to persist until morning, Thursday 11 December 2008.

SECTION A

Moderate rain occasionally heavy is expected to occur over Sarawak (Kuching, Samarahan, Sri Aman, Betong and Sarikei Divisions) from Wednesday, 10 December 2008 until Friday, 12 December 2008.

SECTION B

Issued at : 4.45 pm 10/12/2008

Moderate rain occasionally heavy is expected to occur over:

i) Terengganu (Besut, Setiu, Kuala Terengganu, Marang, Hulu Terengganu, Dungun and Kemaman Districts) and Pahang (Jerantut and Kuantan Districts) from Saturday night, 13 December 2008 until Monday, 15 December 2008.

ii) Pahang (Maran, Pekan, Bera and Rompin Districts) and Johore (Mersing, Keluang, Johor Bahru and Kota Tinggi Districts) from Sunday morning, 14 December 2008 until Tuesday, 16 December 2008.

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#262  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:40 pm

Issued at : 3.40 pm 11/12/2008
SECTION A

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over North of Sandakan Division and Kudat, Sabah is expected to persist until tonight, Thursday 11 December 2008. The same weather is expected to occur over Sabah ( West Coast and Interior Divisions) is expected to persist until tonight, Thursday 11 December 2008.

SECTION B

Issued at : 10.00 am 08/12/2008 Moderate rain occasionally heavy is expected to occur over Sarawak (Kuching, Samarahan, Sri Aman, Betong and Sarikei Divisions) from Wednesday, 10 December 2008 until Friday, 12 December 2008.

SECTION C

Issued at : 4.45 pm 10/12/2008

Moderate rain occasionally heavy is expected to occur over:

i) Terengganu (Besut, Setiu, Kuala Terengganu, Marang, Hulu Terengganu, Dungun and Kemaman Districts) and Pahang (Jerantut and Kuantan Districts) from Saturday night, 13 December 2008 until Monday, 15 December 2008.
ii) Pahang (Maran, Pekan, Bera and Rompin Districts) and Johore (Mersing, Keluang, Johor Bahru and Kota Tinggi Districts) from Sunday morning, 14 December 2008 until Tuesday, 16 December 2008.

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#263  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:24 pm

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

A) WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (THIRD CATEGORY)

Northeasterly winds from 60 kmph and wave heights up to 5.5 metres over the waters off Condore, Palawan, Reef North and Pulau Layang-Layang are expected from Sunday (14 December 2008) until Friday (19 December 2008).

B) WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (SECOND CATEGORY)

The strong northeasterly wind of 50-60 kmph and with wave heights up to 4.5 meters over the waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, East Johore, Sarawak, FT. Labuan, West Sabah and Kudat are expected from Sunday (14 December 2008) until Friday (19 December 2008).

Updated on 12 Dec 2008, 10.00 am

HEAVY RAIN ADVISORY
(YELLOW STAGE)

Issued at : 5.05 pm 12/12/2008
HEAVY RAIN ADVISORY (YELLOW STAGE) UPDATE

Updated at : 5.05 pm 12/12/2008

Moderate rain occasionally heavy is expected to occur over Terengganu (Besut, Setiu, Kuala Terengganu, Marang, Hulu Terengganu, Dungun and Kemaman Districts), Pahang (Maran, Pekan, Bera, Rompin, Jerantut and Kuantan Districts) and Johore (Mersing, Kluang, Johor Bahru and Kota Tinggi Districts) from Sunday, 14 December 2008 until Tuesday, 16 December 2008.

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#264  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:47 am

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS A) WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (THIRD CATEGORY)

Issued at 10.00 am 12 December 2008

Northeasterly winds from 60 kmph and wave heights up to 5.5 metres over the waters off Condore, Palawan, Reef North and Pulau Layang-Layang are expected to persist until Friday (19 December 2008).

The strong northeasterly wind of 50-60 kmph and with wave heights up to 4.5 meters over the waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, East Johore, Sarawak, FT. Labuan, West Sabah and Kudat are expected to persist until Friday (19 December 2008).

C) WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Updated at 15 December 2008, 1.30 am

Thunderstorms activities over waters off Johore, Pahang, Reef South, Kuching and Bunguran are expected to continue until late morning, Monday 15 December 2008.

Updated on 15 Dec 2008, 8.20 am

HEAVY RAIN WARNING
(ORANGE STAGE)

Issued at : 7.30 am 15/12/2008

Issued at : 10.55 am 14/12/2008

Heavy Rain Advisory (Yellow Stage) issued on 12 Dec 2008 has been upgraded to Heavy Rain Warning (Orange Stage). Moderate rain occasionally heavy occurring over Johore (Mersing, Kota Tinggi, Johor Bahru, Kluang and Segamat Districts) and Pahang (Rompin, Bera and Pekan Districts) is expected to persist until Tuesday, 16 December 2008.

Updated at : 7.30 am 15/12/2008

Moderate rain occasionally heavy is expected to occur over Pahang (Maran, Jerantut and Kuantan Districts) from Sunday, 14 December 2008 until Tuesday, 16 December 2008.

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#265  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:11 am

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

Northeasterly winds from 60 kmph and wave heights up to 5.5 metres over the waters off Condore, Palawan, Reef North and Pulau Layang-Layang are expected to persist until Friday (19 December 2008).

The strong northeasterly wind of 50-60 kmph and with wave heights up to 4.5 meters over the waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, East Johore, Sarawak, FT. Labuan, West Sabah and Kudat are expected to persist until Friday (19 December 2008).

C) WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORMS WARNING
- Update 16 Dec 2008, 11.10 pm

Thunderstorms activities over waters off Sarawak and Bunguran are expected to continue until late morning, Wednesday 17 December 2008.

Updated on 16 Dec 2008, 11.30 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#266  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:46 pm

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

Northeasterly winds from 60 kmph and wave heights up to 5.5 metres over the waters off Condore, Palawan, Reef North and Pulau Layang-Layang are expected to persist until Wednesday (24 December 2008).

B) WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (SECOND CATEGORY)Issued at 10.00 am 12 December 2008

The strong northeasterly winds of 50-60 kmph with wave heights up to 4.5 metres over the waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, East Johore, Sarawak, FT. Labuan, West Sabah and Kudat are expected to persist until Wednesday (24 December 2008).

C) THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorms activities over waters off Sarawak are expected to continue until Thursday afternoon, 18 December 2008.

Updated on 18 Dec 2008, 8.30 am

HEAVY RAIN WARNING
(ORANGE STAGE)

Issued at : 3.00 pm 18/12/2008  
Intermittent rain occasionally heavy occurring over Sarawak (Kuching, Samarahan, Sri Aman, Betong dan Sarikei Divisions) is expected to persist until noon, Friday 19 December 2008. The same weather condition is expected to occur over Sibu and Mukah Divisions from this afternoon, Thursday 18 December 2008.

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#267  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:36 pm

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

Northeasterly winds from 60 kmph and wave heights up to 5.5 metres over the waters off Condore, Palawan, Reef North and Pulau Layang-Layang are expected to persist until Wednesday (24 December 2008).

The strong northeasterly winds of 50-60 kmph with wave heights up to 4.5 metres over the waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, East Johore, Sarawak, FT. Labuan, West Sabah and Kudat are expected to persist until Wednesday (24 December 2008).

C) THUNDERSTORMS WARNING - Update at 11.50 am 20 Dec 2008

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Sabah (West Coast, Kudat and Sandakan) are expected to continue until Saturday late afternoon, 20 December 2008.

Updated on 20 Dec 2008, 12.00 pm

Issued at : 12.05 pm 20/12/2008 
Updated at : 12.05 pm 20/12/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over Sabah (West Coast, Kudat and Sandakan Divisions) is expected to persist until afternoon, Saturday 20 December 2008.

HEAVY RAIN/THUNDERSTORMS ADVISORY (YELLOW STAGE)

Issued at : 3.00 pm 19/12/2008

Moderate rain occasionally heavy is expected to occur over Kelantan (Tumpat, Kota Bharu, Bachok and Pasir Puteh Districts), Terengganu (Besut, Setiu, Kuala Terengganu, Marang, Dungun dan Kemaman Districts), Pahang ( Kuantan, Pekan and Rompin Districts) and Johore (Mersing, Kluang, Johor Bahru and Kota Tinggi Districts) from Tuesday, 23 December 2008 until Thursday, 25 December 2008.

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#268  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu May 14, 2009 1:51 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Kuching and Mukah are expected to continue until early afternoon, Thursday, 14 May 2009.

This condition may cause strong winds up to 40 kmph and rough seas with maximum wave of 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 14 May 2009, 12.10 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#269  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:53 am

TYPHOON ADVISORY
Issued at  11:00 pm 01/10/2009

Super Typhoon 19W, "Parma" is located at Latitude 13.4 North and Longitude 128.0 East, 778 km East of Manila, Philippines at 11.00 pm, 1 October 2009. This typhoon is expected to track Northwestwards at 24 kmph.

This Typhoon is located approximately 1373 km Northeast of Sandakan and 1420 km Northeast of Kudat, Sabah
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#270  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:15 pm

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

SECTION A : STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEAS WARNING (FIRST CATEGORY)

Strong Southwesterly winds of 40 - 50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over waters off Phuket, Perlis, Kedah, Pulau Pinang, Samui, Kelantan, Terengganu, Condore, Reef North, Layang-layang, FT Labuan and Sabah are expected to continue until Saturday, 3 October 2009.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small crafts, recreational sea activities and sea sports.

SECTION B: WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorm activities over waters off west Sabah (Kudat and West Coast divisions), FT Labuan and east Sarawak (Bintulu and Miri divisions) are expected to persist until late night, Friday, 2 October 2009.

This condition can cause strong wind up to 40 km/h and rough seas up to 2.5 metres and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 02 Oct 2009, 6.40 pm

Issued at : 3.50 pm 02/10/2009

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds over Perak (Hulu Perak, Kuala Kangsar and Kinta Districts), Selangor (Hulu Selangor and Gombak Districts), Pahang (Cameron Highlands, Lipis, Raub, Bentong, Temerloh, Bera and Rompin Districts) and Johore (Mersing and Kluang Districts) is expected to persist until early night, Friday 2 October 2009.

TYPHOON ADVISORY
Issued at  6:30 pm 02/10/2009

Typhoon 19W, "Parma" is located at Latitude 15.7 North and Longitude 124.5 East, 406 km East-Northeast of Manila, Philippines at 5.00 pm, 2 October 2009. This typhoon is expected to track Northwestwards at 28 kmph.

This Typhoon is located approximately 1298 km North-Northeast of Sandakan and 1287 km Northeast of Kudat, Sabah
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

PreviousNext

Return to Weather / Travel Advisory