MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

latest update from 12 -15 may 08

Post Number:#211  Postby yeye » Sun May 11, 2008 8:38 am

hi fellarz....
from 12-15 may 08 will get max wave height 3m, but may still cause more pick up effect of cyclone wind..
MYANMAR will get 2nd cyclone by 12 may  not as bad cyclone NARGIS but still get high wind speed/heavy rainfall/flood or surge...during this period on 15-16 may will get 5m max wave..  [-(

thats all from news breaking room...middle of south china sea ....
My base - N 5° 00 '0.9" E 105° 14'59.6"
yeye
Diver
Diver

Re: ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Post Number:#212  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu May 15, 2008 7:31 am

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING
WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS

1) STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEAS THIRD CATEGORY WARNING - UPDATE

Strong westerly/southwesterly winds from 60 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 5.5 metres over coastal waters off North Sabah including [glow=red,2,300]Layang-Layang waters[/glow], Palawan and Kudat is expected to continue until Saturday, 17 May 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to shipping activities, oil platform and coastal activities.

2) STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEAS SECOND CATEGORY WARNING

Strong westerly winds of 50-60 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 4.5 metres over coastal waters off [glow=red,2,300]Kelantan, Terengganu[/glow], central of South China Sea , [glow=red,2,300]west Sabah[/glow], F.T Labuan and Sulu is expected to continue until Saturday, 17 May 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to fishing and ferry services and coastal activities.

3) STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEAS FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

Strong westerly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over coastal waters off Northern Sarawak is expected to continue until Saturday, 17 May 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small crafts, recreational sea activities and sea sports.

4)THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorm activities over the coastal waters off [glow=red,2,300]Kelantan, Terengganu[/glow], centre of South China Seas and Sabah are expected to persist until late morning, Thursday, 15 May 2008.

This condition can cause strong wind up to 40 km/h and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 15 May 2008, 5.30 am
Last edited by John F SeaDemon on Thu May 15, 2008 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#213  Postby mocha » Thu May 15, 2008 12:36 pm

wohooo... weatherman is back in action!
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#214  Postby sheik » Thu May 15, 2008 12:56 pm

for one second, i thought the weatherman has gone weird. but looks like the weather also gone weird. tee hee hee..

what's happening to the weather, anyway?
Diving: A Serious Play
sheik
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#215  Postby alvinsktan » Thu May 15, 2008 1:05 pm

my gosh.... how are we gonna plan our dive then... sure a lot of ppl going for dive trip gonna abprt some dive...

btw, seademon your central south china sea means? area? pulau?

hehehe....

-----------------------------------
weather is changing as the globe become warm.. it is call GLOBAL WARMING..
It's Now or Never...
Dive Deep, Dive Hard and Live SAFE......
alvinsktan
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#216  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri May 16, 2008 4:27 pm

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

1) STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEAS THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

Strong westerly/southwesterly winds from [glow=red,2,300]60 kmph [/glow] and rough seas with [glow=red,2,300]waves up to 5.5 metres [/glow] over coastal waters off North Sabah including [glow=red,2,300]Layang-Layang waters[/glow], Palawan and Kudat is expected to continue until Saturday, 17 May 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is [glow=red,2,300]dangerous to shipping activities, oil platform and coastal activities[/glow].

2) STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEAS SECOND CATEGORY WARNING

Strong westerly [glow=red,2,300]winds of 50-60 kmph [/glow] and rough seas with [glow=red,2,300]waves up to 4.5 metres over coastal waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, central of South China Sea , west Sabah, F.T Labuan and Sulu [/glow] is expected to continue until Saturday, 17 May 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is [glow=red,2,300]dangerous to fishing and ferry services and coastal activities[/glow].

3) STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEAS FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

Strong westerly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over coastal waters off Northern Sarawak is expected to continue until Saturday, 17 May 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small crafts, recreational sea activities and sea sports.

4) THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorm activities over the central South China Seas, Sulu and Sulawesi Sea are expected to persist until night, Friday, 16 May 2008.

This condition can cause strong wind up to 40 km/h and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 16 May 2008, 12.20 pm
Last edited by John F SeaDemon on Fri May 16, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#217  Postby Scuba Dynamics » Fri May 16, 2008 4:33 pm

ALAMAK! How to go diving comfortably this long weekend?? Might get wet lar..
**Dive Anytime, Anywhere**
Scuba Dynamics
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Location: 32-2, Jalan 27/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Post Number:#218  Postby LaraCroft » Fri May 16, 2008 4:46 pm

Scuba Dynamics wrote:ALAMAK! How to go diving comfortably this long weekend?? Might get wet lar..

Wet la best Henry..
Get busy livin' or Get busy divin'
LaraCroft
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#219  Postby Scuba Dynamics » Fri May 16, 2008 4:49 pm

;) Totally agree
**Dive Anytime, Anywhere**
Scuba Dynamics
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Location: 32-2, Jalan 27/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Post Number:#220  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun May 25, 2008 2:37 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING

THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorms activities over the coastal waters off Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Perak and west Johore is expected to persist until afternoon, Sunday, 25 May 2008.

Updated on 25 May 2008, 9.40 am

THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Issued at : 11.30 am 25/05/2008

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds occurring over Penang and Pulau Langkawi is expected to continue until late afternoon, Sunday 25 May 2008. The same weather conditions are expected to occur over Perlis and Kedah.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#221  Postby blackbear » Sun May 25, 2008 9:58 pm

dei Sd

although i read this too late.. thanks for the warning dei..

how are u btw??
there's heaven.. and there is diving..
blackbear
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#222  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun May 25, 2008 10:57 pm

Sneezing, sneezing, sneezing.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#223  Postby Frogman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:09 am

Hi,

If I am diving and there is a thunderstorm, should I get out of the water? Somebody told me that lightning can strike the water and travel some distance beneath and away from its point of contact, is this true?  [-(
Deep down, I know my souls need something wild, something adventures, something that makes me feel alive.  The sea does that.  It's the last untamed place on earth .. M.A.D about diving
Frogman
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#224  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:55 pm

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

Section A: Strong Seas and Rough Seas Warning - First Category (Issued on 1.13pm, 05 Sep 2008)

The strong Southwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph over waters off Phuket, Perlis, Kedah, Penang, North Perak, Bunguran, Condore, Reef North and P. Layang-Layang with maximum wave height of 3.5 meters is expected to begin on Sunday 7 September 2008 and persist until Thursday, 11 September 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small boats, recreational sea activities and sea sports.

Section B (Thunderstorm Warning - Warning Update)

Thunderstorm activities over coastal waters off Sarawak (Bintulu, Miri, Limbang and Mukah) and west Sabah are expected to persist until early night Sunday, 7 September 2008.

Updated on 07 Sep 2008, 11.10 am

Issued at : 7.40 am 07/09/2008

WARNING UPDATE

Updated at : 7.40 am 07/09/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds is occuring over Sarawak (Miri, Bintulu, Mukah, Sibu dan Sarikei Divisions) is expected to persist until noon, Sunday 7 September 2008.

THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN WARNING (ORANGE STAGE)

WARNING UPDATE

Updated at : 8.50 pm 06/09/2008

Intermittent thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring from time to time over Perlis, Kedah(Langkawi, Kubang Pasu, Kota Setar, Yan, Pendang, Kuala Muda, Kulim, Bandar Baharu, Baling, Sik and Padang Terap Districts), Penang (Seberang Perai and P.Pinang Districts) and Northern Perak (Hulu Perak, Kerian, Kuala Kangsar, Selama Larut and Matang Districts) is expected to continue until afternoon, Sunday 7 September 2008.

This condition may cause strong wind, flash floods and mudslides along river banks, low-lying areas and mountain slopes.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#225  Postby Scorpenesub » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:17 pm

John F SeaDemon wrote:FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

Section A: Strong Seas and Rough Seas Warning - First Category (Issued on 1.13pm, 05 Sep 2008)

The strong Southwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph over waters off Phuket, Perlis, Kedah, Penang, North Perak, Bunguran, Condore, Reef North and P. Layang-Layang with maximum wave height of 3.5 meters is expected to begin on Sunday 7 September 2008 and persist until Thursday, 11 September 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small boats, recreational sea activities and sea sports.

Section B (Thunderstorm Warning - Warning Update)

Thunderstorm activities over coastal waters off Sarawak (Bintulu, Miri, Limbang and Mukah) and west Sabah are expected to persist until early night Sunday, 7 September 2008.

Updated on 07 Sep 2008, 11.10 am

Issued at : 7.40 am 07/09/2008

WARNING UPDATE

Updated at : 7.40 am 07/09/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds is occuring over Sarawak (Miri, Bintulu, Mukah, Sibu dan Sarikei Divisions) is expected to persist until noon, Sunday 7 September 2008.

THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN WARNING (ORANGE STAGE)

WARNING UPDATE

Updated at : 8.50 pm 06/09/2008

Intermittent thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring from time to time over Perlis, Kedah(Langkawi, Kubang Pasu, Kota Setar, Yan, Pendang, Kuala Muda, Kulim, Bandar Baharu, Baling, Sik and Padang Terap Districts), Penang (Seberang Perai and P.Pinang Districts) and Northern Perak (Hulu Perak, Kerian, Kuala Kangsar, Selama Larut and Matang Districts) is expected to continue until afternoon, Sunday 7 September 2008.

This condition may cause strong wind, flash floods and mudslides along river banks, low-lying areas and mountain slopes.

Thanks for the warning, SD. I hope this storm really blows over by the time i get to Langkawi on Saturday.
Stealth is success
Scorpenesub
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#226  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:58 am

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

Section A: Strong Seas and Rough Seas Warning - First Category (Issued on 1.13pm, 05 Sep 2008)-Update

The strong Southwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph over waters off Phuket, Perlis, Kedah, Penang, North Perak, Bunguran, Condore, Reef North and P. Layang-Layang with maximum wave height of 3.5 meters is expected to persist until Thursday, 11 September 2008.

Section B (Thunderstorm Warning)

Thunderstorm activities over coastal waters off Sulu, Samui, Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and east Johore are expected to persist until afternoon Tuesday, 9 September 2008.

This condition can cause strong wind up to 40 km/h and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats

Updated on 09 Sep 2008, 8.00 am
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#227  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:05 pm

SECOND CATEGORY WARNING

Section A: Strong Seas and Rough Seas Warning - Second Category (Issued on 4.00pm, 09 Sep 2008)

The strong Northwesterly wind of 50-60 kmph over waters off Phuket, Perlis, Kedah, Penang and North Perak with maximum wave height of 4.5 meters is expected to persist until Thursday, 11 September 2008.
This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to shipping activities including fishing and ferry services and coastal activities.

Section A: Strong Seas and Rough Seas Warning - First Category (Issued on 1.13pm, 05 Sep 2008)-Update

The strong Southwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph over waters off Miri, Bintulu, Limbang, W.P Labuan, Sabah Barat , Kudat, Bunguran, Condore, Reef North and P. Layang-Layang with maximum wave height of 3.5 meters and strong Northwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph over waters off Samui, Kelantan and Terengganu with maximum wave height of 3.5 meters is expected to persist until Thursday, 11 September 2008.

Section B (Thunderstorm Warning)

Thunderstorm activities over coastal waters off Samui, Pahang, Condore, Reef North and Layang-Layang are expected to persist until late afternoon Tuesday, 9 September 2008.

Updated on 09 Sep 2008, 3.40 pm

Issued at : 6.40 pm 09/09/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over Sabah (West Coast and Interior Divisions) and Sarawak( Limbang Division) is expected to persist until midnight, Tuesday 9 September 2008. The same weather condition is expected to occur over Sabah(FT Labuan) and Sarawak(Miri and Bintulu Divisions).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#228  Postby jgshuwei » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:41 pm

Thanks SD. Going to Tioman this weekend, hopefully weather is ok.
jgshuwei
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#229  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:24 am

jgshuwei wrote:Thanks SD. Going to Tioman this weekend, hopefully weather is ok.

John,  I'll be in Tioman too. Weather's gonna be fine.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#230  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:14 am

SECOND CATEGORY WARNING

SECOND CATEGORY WARNING WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS

Section A: Strong Seas and Rough Seas Warning - Second Category
(Issued on 4.00pm, 09 Sep 2008)

The strong Northwesterly wind of 50-60 kmph over waters off Phuket, Perlis, Kedah, Penang and North Perak with maximum wave height of 4.5 meters is expected to persist until Thursday, 11 September 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to shipping activities including fishing and ferry services and coastal activities.

Section B: Strong Seas and Rough Seas Warning - First Category (Issued on 1.13pm, 05 Sep 2008)-Update

The strong Southwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph over waters off Miri, Bintulu, Limbang, W.P Labuan, Sabah Barat , Kudat, Bunguran, Condore, Reef North and P. Layang-Layang with maximum wave height of 3.5 meters and strong Northwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph over waters off Samui, Kelantan and Terengganu with maximum wave height of 3.5 meters is expected to persist until Thursday, 11 September 2008.

Section B: Thunderstorm Warning

Thunderstorm activities over Phuket,Condore, Northern Strait of Malacca, waters off Kelantan and Terengganu are expected to persist until morning Thursday, 11 September 2008.

Updated on 11 Sep 2008, 12.50 am

Issued at : 3.30 am 11/09/2008
WARNING UPDATE

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over Perlis, Penang, Kedah (Kota Setar, Kulim Bandar Baharu and Langkawi Districts) and Perak(Kerian, Kuala Kangsar, Manjung, Kinta, Selama Larut and Matang Districts) is expected to persist until morning, Thursday 11 September 2008. The same weather condition is expected to occur over Kedah(Yan, Sik, Kuala Muda,Baling, Pendang, Padang Terap dan Kubang Pasu Districts) dan Perak (Hulu Perak District).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#231  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:03 pm

SECOND CATEGORY WARNING

(Issued on 4.00pm, 09 Sep 2008)-Update

The strong Northwesterly wind of 50-60 kmph over waters off Phuket with maximum wave height of 4.5 meters is expected to persist until Friday, 12 September 2008.

Section B: Strong Seas and Rough Seas Warning - First Category
(Issued on 1.13pm, 05 Sep 2008)-Update

The strong Southwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph over waters off Perlis, Kedah, Penang, North Perak, Kelantan, Terengganu, Miri, Bintulu, Limbang, W.P Labuan, Sabah Barat , Kudat, Samui, Bunguran, Condore, Reef North and P. Layang-Layang with maximum wave height of 3.5 meters is expected to persist until Friday, 12 September 2008.

Section C: Thunderstorm Warning

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Phuket and Condore, are expected to persist until late afternoon Thursday, 11 September 2008.

Updated on 11 Sep 2008, 12.00 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#232  Postby FaizaLOrcA » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:14 pm

John F SeaDemon wrote:SECOND CATEGORY WARNING

(Issued on 4.00pm, 09 Sep 2008)-Update

The strong Northwesterly wind of 50-60 kmph over waters off Phuket with maximum wave height of 4.5 meters is expected to persist until Friday, 12 September 2008.

Section B: Strong Seas and Rough Seas Warning - First Category
(Issued on 1.13pm, 05 Sep 2008)-Update

The strong Southwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph over waters off Perlis, Kedah, Penang, North Perak, Kelantan, Terengganu, Miri, Bintulu, Limbang, W.P Labuan, Sabah Barat , Kudat, Samui, Bunguran, Condore, Reef North and P. Layang-Layang with maximum wave height of 3.5 meters is expected to persist until Friday, 12 September 2008.

Section C: Thunderstorm Warning

Thunderstorm activities over waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Phuket and Condore, are expected to persist until late afternoon Thursday, 11 September 2008.

Updated on 11 Sep 2008, 12.00 pm

Thank you for the warning.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faizalomar/  ==> WARNING!You already been warned! Enter at your own perished.
FaizaLOrcA
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#233  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:43 pm

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

1) STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEAS WARNING - First Category (Issued at 6.45pm, 12 Sep 2008)

The strong westerly wind of 40-50 kmph over waters off Phuket, Samui, Kelantan, Terengganu and Condore with maximum wave height of 3.5 meters is expected to persist until Wednesday, 17 September 2008.

2) THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorms activities over waters off west Sarawak and Sabah is expected to continue until dawn, Wednesday, 17th September 2008.
This condition can cause strong wind up to 40 kmph and rough seas up to 2.5 metres and dangerous to small boats

Updated on 16 Sep 2008, 9.20 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#234  Postby Arewhere » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:13 pm

thank u bro.....

in k.l weather is good or not? :D :D :D
" SO OTHERS MAY DIVES"
Arewhere
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#235  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:08 pm

Don't know. I live in JB.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#236  Postby Andy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:04 pm

Thanks SD for the weather update, hope it gets better over the weekend.
Andy
Diver
Diver

Topics: 1

Post Number:#237  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:54 pm

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

Strong Wind and Rough Sea Warning- First Category
(Issued on 3.20 am 18 September 2008)

The strong Southwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph and maximum wave up to 3.5 meter is expected to occur over waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Condore, Reef South, East Sarawak, Reef North, F.T. Labuan, West Sabah, Palawan and Sulu Sea from Sunday, 21 September 2008 until Thursday, 25 September 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to shipping activities including fishing and ferry services and coastal activities

Updated on 19 Sep 2008, 2.50 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#238  Postby Nizaha » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:42 pm

Holy Crap... y'all season diving getting shorter and shorter... :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

Safe Diving
Zaha
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#239  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:58 pm

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEA WARNING - FIRST CATEGORY
(Warning Update: Issued on 11.15 am 23 September 2008)

The strong Southwesterly wind of 40-50 kmph and maximum wave up to 3.5 meters over waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Condore, Reef South, East Sarawak, Reef North, F.T. Labuan, West Sabah, Palawan and Sulu Sea is expected to continue until Sunday, 28 September 2008.

Updated on 27 Sep 2008, 1.50 pm

Issued at : 3.45 pm 27/09/2008

Thunderstorms and heavy rain with strong winds occurring over Selangor (Petaling and Hulu Langat Districts) and FT Kuala Lumpur is expected to persist until late afternoon, Saturday 27 September 2008.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#240  Postby 40bar » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:44 pm

salute ...bump bum bumpppppppp
www.snradventure.com
The foremost outdoor, event consultant & training developments
40bar
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL