MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Re: ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Post Number:#181  Postby SeaDemon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:42 am

Demon..do you by any chance have the forecast for tomorrow and for the rest of the weekend? ::) ::)

For Japan? Got.
SeaDemon

Post Number:#182  Postby azrint » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:08 am

For Tioman area le Demon. Thanks.
azrint

Post Number:#183  Postby SeaDemon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:34 am

SeaDemon

Post Number:#184  Postby SeaDemon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:58 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING

WARNING UPDATE
THUNDERSTORM WARNING

Thunderstorms activities occurring over the coastal waters of Kedah, Penang, North Perak, Pahang and Johore are expected to continue until evening 26 July 2007

Thunderstorms activities from time to time over the coastal waters off Sarawak and sabah are expected to continue until Thursday, 26 July 2007.

This condition can cause strong wind and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 26 Jul 2007, 11.50 am

THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Issued at : 2.15 pm 26/07/2007

SECTION A
THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN WARNING(ORANGE STAGE)

Fairly widespread heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds occurring over Johore is expected to continue until evening (26 July 2007). The same weather condition is expected to occur over Southern Pahang, Malacca, and N.Sembilan.

SECTION B

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds occurring over Kedah, Langkawi, Perlis, Penang, Divisions of Kudat, West Coast and Sandakan (Sabah) is expected to continue until early night (26 July 2007). The same weather condition is expected to occur over Perak, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya.

SECTION C

THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN ADVISORY (YELLOW STAGE)

Issued at : 8.45 am 25/07/2007

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds is expected to occur over Sarawak until Saturday(28/07/07).
SeaDemon

Post Number:#185  Postby SeaDemon » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:30 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING

WARNING UPDATE
THUNDERSTORM WARNING

Thunderstorms activities occurring over the coastal waters off Kedah, Perlis, Penang, Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Malacca, Johore, Pahang, Kelantan,Terengganu, Sarawak and West Sabah are expected to continue until tonight, Friday (27 July 2007).

This condition can cause strong wind up to 40 km/h and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 27 Jul 2007, 6.10 pm

Issued at : 11.20 pm 27/07/2007  

WARNING UPDATE
SECTION A

Widepsread heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds occuring over Terengganu and Kelantan is expected to continue until morning (28/07/07).

SECTION B

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds occuring over Perlis, Kedah, and Northern Perak is expected to continue until early morning (28/07/07).

SECTION C

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds now occuring over Bintulu, Mukah, Sibu, Sarikei, Betong, Sri Aman and Samarahan Divisions of Sarawak is expected to continue until early morning (28/07/07). The same weather condition is expected to occur over Kuching Division.
Last edited by SeaDemon on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeaDemon

Post Number:#186  Postby SeaDemon » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Issued at : 4.27 pm 28/07/2007

SECTION A
WARNING UPDATE

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds now occurring over Kedah(Pendang, Kota Setar, Padang Terap, Sik, Baling), Johor(Mersing), Central and Southern Pahang is expected to continue until tonight(28/07/07).

SECTION B

Moderate rain occasionally heavy now occurring over Kudat, West Coast and Interior Division(Sabah) is expected to continue until tonight(28/07/07). The same weather condition is expected to occur over FT Labuan.

This condition could produce flash floods, strong wind, rough seas and mudslides along river banks, low-lying areas and mountain slopes.
SeaDemon

Post Number:#187  Postby SeaDemon » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:04 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
OVER COASTAL WATERS OFF KEDAH, PERLIS, KELANTAN, TERENGGANU, PAHANG, SARAWAK AND SABAH

Thunderstorms activities occurring over the coastal waters off Kedah, Perlis, Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Sarawak and Sabah are expected to continue until morning, Tuesday (31 July 2007).
This condition can cause strong wind and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 30 Jul 2007, 11.50 pm
SeaDemon

Post Number:#188  Postby nyu » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:36 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
OVER COASTAL WATERS OFF KEDAH, PERLIS, KELANTAN, TERENGGANU, PAHANG, SARAWAK AND SABAH

Thunderstorms activities occurring over the coastal waters off Kedah, Perlis, Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang, Sarawak and Sabah are expected to continue until morning, Tuesday (31 July 2007).

Updated on 30 Jul 2007, 11.50 pm

My adivise DO NOT GO TO ANY OF THESE PLACES unless you really need to or you really miss seeing waves more that your height....nyu...misses the time standing on deck while a 15 mtr waves crest up behind the stern..haiii
nyu

Post Number:#189  Postby SeaDemon » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:24 pm

STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS WARNING
FOR THE NEXT 72 HOURS

WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS - FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

The strong southwesterly winds of 40-50 kmph over the coastal water off north Straits of Malacca, East Coast of Peninsula, Sarawak and West Sabah with maximum wave heights of 3.5 meters are expected to occur on Wednesday, (1 August 2007) to continue until Monday (6 August 2007).

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 02 Aug 2007, 8.20 am
SeaDemon

Post Number:#190  Postby SeaDemon » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:45 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING

SECTION A (WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS - FIRST CATEGORY WARNING )

The strong southwesterly winds of 40-50 kmph over the coastal water off north Straits of Malacca, [highlight]East Coast of Peninsula[/highlight], Sarawak and West Sabah with maximum wave heights of 3.5 meters are expected to occur on Wednesday, (1 August 2007) to continue until Monday (6 August 2007).

SECTION B (THUNDERSTORM WARNING )

Thunderstorms activities occurring over the coastal waters [highlight]off Terengganu, Pahang, East Johore[/highlight], West Sabah and Sarawak are expected to continue until early morning, Friday (3rd August 2007).

This condition can cause strong wind up to 40 km/h and rough seas up to 2.5 meters and dangerous to small boats.
SeaDemon

Post Number:#191  Postby SeaDemon » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:53 pm

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING
WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS

The strong southwesterly winds of 40-50 kmph over the coastal water off north Straits of Malacca, East Coast of Peninsula, Sarawak and West Sabah with maximum wave heights of 3.5 meters are expected to occur on Wednesday, (1 August 2007) to continue until Monday (6 August 2007).

Updated on 03 Aug 2007, 3.00 pm

Issued at : 5.10 pm 03/08/2007  

WARNING UPDATE

Heavy rain and thunderstorms occurring over FT Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya, Selangor(Hulu Langat), [highlight]Pahang(Rompin) and Johore(Mersing)[/highlight] is expected to continue until early night, 3 August 2007.
SeaDemon

Post Number:#192  Postby SeaDemon » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:23 am

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING
Issued on 11.00 a.m 31 July 2007

Updated on 04 Aug 2007, 8.40 pm
SeaDemon

Post Number:#193  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:29 am

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

SECTION A: WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS - FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

Strong westerly winds over the waters off Perlis, Penang, Kedah, Northern Perak, Kelantan and Terengganu while strong southwesterly winds over waters off West Sabah , Kudat, Sandakan, Palawan, Pulau Layang - Layang and FT. Labuan with speed of 40-50 kmph and wave heights of 2.5 - 3.5 meters are expected to persist until Friday (21st September 2007)

SECTION B: THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorm activities occuring over the coastal Negeri Sembilan, Melaka and West Johor are expected to persist until morning, Wednesday (19 September 2007).

Updated on 19 Sep 2007, 3.30 am
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#194  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:01 pm

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

WARNING UPDATE :
SECTION A (WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS - FIRST CATEGORY WARNING)

The strong westerly winds of 40-50 kmph over the coastal waters off Perlis, Penang, Kedah, Northern Perak, Kelantan and Terengganu and strong southwesterly winds of 40-50 kmph over waters off West Sabah , Kudat, Sandakan, Palawan, Pulau Layang - Layang and FT. Labuan with maximum wave heights of 3.5 meters are expected until Sunday, (23 September 2007)

Updated on 21 Sep 2007, 9.00 am

[glow=red,2,300]I have received SMS confirmation from my source in Perhentian that strong northerly winds is now hitting the island as I type.[/glow]

Issued at : 5.25 pm 21/09/2007  
Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds occuring over Kelantan (Districts of Pasir Mas, Tumpat Kota Bharu, Bachok), Pahang (Districts of Pekan, Rompin) and Johore (Mersing) is expected to persist until early night, 21 September 2007.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#195  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:14 am

Issued at : 12.25 am 23/09/2007 

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds occuring over Eastern Pahang is expected to persist until early morning, 23 September 2007. The same weather condition is expected to occur over coastal areas of Selangor, N.Sembilan and Melaka.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#196  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:24 pm

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

WARNING UPDATE
SECTION A (WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS - FIRST CATEGORY WARNING)
Updated on 23 Sep 2007, 2.20 pm

The strong westerly winds of 40-50 kmph over the coastal waters off Perlis, Penang, Kedah, Northern Perak, Kelantan and Terengganu and strong southwesterly winds of 40-50 kmph over waters off West Sabah and Sulu Sea with maximum wave heights of 3.5 meters are expected until Wednesday, (26 September 2007)

SECTION B (THUNDERSTORM WARNING)

Present thunderstorm activities over coastal water off Malacca Strait are expected to persist until morning, Monday (24 September 2007).

Updated on 24 Sep 2007, 5.30 am
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#197  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:23 am

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

WARNING UPDATE
SECTION A

WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS - FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

Updated on Thursday 27 Sept 2007 at 3.36 p.m

The strong westerly winds of 40-50 kmph is expected to occur over the coastal waters off Perlis, Penang, Kedah, Kelantan,Terengganu, West Sabah , Kudat, Sandakan, Palawan, Pulau Layang - Layang and FT. Labuan with maximum wave heights of 3.5 meters is expected to occur from [glow=red,2,300]Saturday, 29 September 2007 until Monday, 1 October 2007[/glow].

SECTION B

THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Widespread thunderstorm activities over South China sea, Layang-layang Island and coastal waters off FT Labuan and East Sabah are expected to persist until late morning, Friday (28 September 2007).

Updated on 28 Sep 2007, 5.10 am

HEAVY RAIN WARNING
(ORANGE STAGE)

Issued at : 5.10 am 28/09/2007

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds occurring over FT Labuan, Divisions of Interior, West Coast and Kudat, Sabah is expected to continue until late morning, 28 September 2007.
This condition could produce flash floods, strong wind, rough seas and mudslides along river banks, low-lying areas and mountain slopes.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#198  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:27 pm

STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS WARNING
FOR THE NEXT 72 HOURS

Warning Update :
SECTION A: WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (FIRST CATEGORY)

Strong southwesterly winds of 40-50 kmph with maximum wave of 3.5 meters occuring over the coastal waters off West Sabah, Kudat, Sandakan, Palawan, Pulau Layang - Layang, FT. Labuan and Sulu Sea are expected to persist until Thursday, 4th October 2007.

Strong westerly winds of 40-50 kmph with maximum wave heights of 3.5 meters are expected to occur over the coastal waters off Perlis, Penang, Kedah, Kelantan and Terengganu are expected to persist until Thursday, 4th October 2007.

SECTION B:THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorm activities over coastal water off Perlis, Kedah and Penang are expected to persist until early afternoon today, Monday (1st October 2007). This condition is also expected to occur over coastal waters off West Sabah and Kudat by late morning today, (1st October 2007).

Updated on 01 Oct 2007, 10.50 am

Issued at : 2.22 pm 01/10/2007

THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN WARNING (ORANGE STAGE)

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds occurring over Perlis, Langkawi Island, Kedah, Penang dan Northern Perak is expected to continue until morning, 2 October 2007.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#199  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:20 am

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

SECTION A: FIRST CATEGORY WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS

A typhoon has been detected near latitude 17.5 North and 115.3 East at 11.00 pm 07 November 2007 and is expected to move west-southwestward at 22 kmph. In this connection, the strong southwesterly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres occurring over the coastal waters of Sarawak, F.T. Labuan and West Sabah are expected to persist till Sunday, 11 November 2007.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small crafts and recreational sea activities and sea sports

SECTION B: THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorms activities occurring over the coastal waters off Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Terengganu, Pahang, Johor and Sabah are expected to continue until morning, Thursday 8 November 2007.

Updated on 07 Nov 2007, 11.30 pm

Issued at : 12.50 am 08/11/2007 
WARNING UPDATE

Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds occurring over Pahang, South Terengganu, Selangor and N.Sembilan is expected to continue until morning, 8 November 2007. The same weather condition is expected to occur over West Johore, Malacca, FT Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#200  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:07 am

SECOND CATEGORY WARNING
IN THE COASTAL WATERS OF SABAH AND SARAWAK

1) SECOND CATEGORY WARNING - WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (Updated on 19 Nov 2007, 9.00 am)

A tropical depression has been detected near latitude 9.4 degrees North and longitude 126.8 degrees East, approximately 111 km east of Northern Mindanao, Philipina at 5.00 am, 19 November 2007. It is expected to track northwestward at 10 kmph.

In this connection, strong southwesterly winds of 50-60 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 4.5 metres over the coastal waters of Sabah and Sarawak are expected to persist till Wednesday, 21 November 2007.
This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all shipping and coastal activities including fishing and ferry services.

2) FIRST CATEGORY WARNING - WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (Updated on 19 Nov 2007, 9.00 am)

The strong northeasterly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over the coastal waters of Kelantan, Terengganu , Pahang and East Johore are expected to persist till Wednesday night,21 November 2007.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small crafts, recreational sea activities and sea sports.

3) WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING (Issued on 19 Nov 2007, 9.00 am)

Thunderstorms activities occurring over the coastal waters of Selangor,N.Sembilan,Malacca, Johore and Sabah are expected to persist until this afternoon, Monday 19 November 2007.

This condition can cause strong winds up to 50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over the said waters and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 19 Nov 2007, 10.00 am
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#201  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:55 pm

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

1) THIRD CATEGORY WARNING - WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (Updated on 21 Nov 2007, 12.30 pm)

A Tropical Storm (23W) Hagibis has been detected near latitude 9.6 degrees North and longitude 115.5 degrees East at 11.00 am, 21 November 2007, approximately 176 km northwest of Punta Harbour(Palawan), Phillipines. It has tracked westwards at 28 kmph.

[glow=red,2,300]In this connection, strong southwesterly winds from 60 kmph and rough sea with wave height up to 5.5 meter over the coastal waters of Sabah are expected to persist till Sunday, 25 November 2007.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all coastal and shipping activities including workers on oil platform.[/glow]

2) SECOND CATEGORY WARNING - WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (Updated on 19 Nov 2007, 9.00 am)

Strong southwesterly winds of 50-60 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 4.5 metres over the coastal waters of Sarawak are expected to persist till Sunday, 25 November 2007.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all shipping and coastal activities including fishing and ferry services.

3) FIRST CATEGORY WARNING - WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (Updated on 21 Nov 2007, 12.30 pm)

SECTION A

The strong northeasterly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over the coastal waters of Kelantan, Terengganu , Pahang and East Johore are expected to persist till Sunday, 25 November 2007.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small crafts, recreational sea activities and sea sports.

SECTION B

The strong northwesterly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over the coastal waters of Straits Of Malacca is expected to persist till Friday, 23 November 2007.

Updated on 21 Nov 2007, 1.00 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#202  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:03 am

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

SECTION A

The strong northeasterly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over the coastal waters of Sarawak and Sabah are expected to persist till Thursday, 6 December 2007.

SECTION B

Strong northeasterly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres are expected over the coastal waters of Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and East Johore beginning on 1 December 2007 and is expected to persist till Thursday, 6 December 2007.

Updated on 30 Nov 2007, 6.50 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#203  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:26 am

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

A) THIRD CATEGORY WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (Issued at 05:00 pm, 17 February 2008) - Update

Strong northeasterly winds with speed from 60 kmph and rough sea with wave height up to 5.5 meter over the waters off the central South China Sea region ( Condore and Layang-Layang Island waters ), coastal waters off the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia (Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and East Johore) is expected to persist until Thursday, 21 February 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all coastal and shipping activities and activities on oil platform.

Updated on 21 Feb 2008, 9.00 am
Last edited by John F SeaDemon on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#204  Postby ikan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:28 am

Thanx bro SD for the update .. i got the same thing from meteorological dept last nite ...
if u are going to be dumb, u better be tough ....
ikan
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#205  Postby bockbong » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:40 am

Hmm, still hope for diving this weekend, guys?  :sad10:
bockbong
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 2

Post Number:#206  Postby rid » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:42 pm

John F SeaDemon wrote:THIRD CATEGORY WARNING

A) THIRD CATEGORY WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS (Issued at 05:00 pm, 17 February 2008) - Update

Strong northeasterly winds with speed from 60 kmph and rough sea with wave height up to 5.5 meter over the waters off the central South China Sea region ( Condore and Layang-Layang Island waters ), coastal waters off the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia (Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and East Johore) is expected to persist until Thursday, 21 February 2008.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all coastal and shipping activities and activities on oil platform.

Updated on 21 Feb 2008, 9.00 am

Thanks bro...  ;)
+ nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so +
rid
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#207  Postby whitefin » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:20 pm

THIRD CATEGORY? its bad rite? how bad?  [-(
whitefin = memet
whitefin
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#208  Postby nanda666 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:17 pm

Anything on the banda aceh side??? More earthquakes.??.... :icon_pale: :icon_pale:
Good education leads to good conservation!!
nanda666
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 5

Post Number:#209  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:44 pm

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

A) FIRST CATEGORY WARNING ON STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEAS (Issued on 25 February 2008, 9:50 am) - Update

Strong northeasterly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over coastal waters off Kelantan and Terengganu is expected to begin on Wednesday, 27 February 2008 until Friday, 29 February 2008.

B) THUNDERSTORMS WARNING (Issued on 11.20 pm 25 Februari 2008) - Update

Thunderstorms activities occurring over the coastal waters off Perak, Johore and Pahang is expected to persist until noon, Tuesday, 26 February 2008.

This condition can cause strong wind up to 50 km/h and rough seas up to 3.5 metes and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 26 Feb 2008, 10.20 am
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#210  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:09 pm

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

A) FIRST CATEGORY WARNING ON STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEAS (Issued on 25 February 2008, 9:50 am) - Update

Strong northeasterly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over coastal waters off Kelantan, Terengganu , Pahang and east Johore is expected to continue until Thursday, 6 March 2008.

B) FIRST CATEGORY ADVISORY ON STRONG WIND AND ROUGH SEAS (Issued on 3 March 2008, 12:00 pm)

Strong easterly winds 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres over coastal waters off Kudat and Sandakan is expected to begin on Friday, 7 March 2008 until Sunday, 9 March 2008.

B) THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorm activities over coastal waters off Pahang, Johore, East Sarawak and West Sabah is expected to persist until late morning, Tuesday (04 Mar 2008).

John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

PreviousNext

Return to Weather / Travel Advisory