MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

ROUGH SEAS WARNING & HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Post Number:#1  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:24 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE CENTRAL SOUTH CHINA SEA

A) WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN THE COASTAL WATERS OF PERAK AND NEGERI SEMBILAN
Thunderstorms activities with strong winds over the coastal waters of Perak and Negeri Sembilan are expected to persist till noon (01 November 2006). This condition is expected to cause rough seas up to 3.0 metres and is dangerous to small boat.

B) WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS IN THE COASTAL WATERS OF THE EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR MALAYSIA, SARAWAK, LABUAN AND SABAH

Typhoon 'Cimaron' was centred near latitude 18.7 North and longitude 116.3 East, approximately 482 km Southeast Hong Kong at 05.00 am 01 November 2006 and is expected to track northwestwards with speed of 6 kmph.

In this connection, strong southwesterly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 meters now occurring in the coastal waters of the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia, Sarawak, Labuan and Sabah are expected to continue until Thursday (2 November 2006). This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 01 Nov 2006, 7.30 am
Last edited by HollowMan on Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Re: ROUGH SEAS WARNING

Post Number:#2  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:29 pm

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING
WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS
IN THE COASTAL WATERS OFF THE EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR MALAYSIA, SARAWAK, LABUAN AND WEST SABAH

WARNING UPDATE
Section: A

WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING OVER THE COASTAL WATERS OF KELANTAN,TERENGGANU AND SARAWAK

Thunderstorm activities with strong winds over the coastal waters of Kelantan, Terengganu and Sarawak are expected to persist till 10.00 am today(13 November 2006).This condition is expected to cause rough seas up to 3.5 metres and is dangerous to small boats.

Section: B

FIRST CATEGORY WARNING

WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS IN THE COASTAL WATERS OFF THE EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR MALAYSIA

Strong northeasterly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough seas up to 3.5 metres over the coastal waters off the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia, Sarawak, Labuan and West Sabah are expected to persist till Tuesday(14 November 2006).
The strong winds and rough seas condition is dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 13 Nov 2006, 6.50 am
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:06 pm

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING
I N THE COASTAL WATERS OF SARAWAK, SABAH AND EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR MALAYSIA

SECTION A: STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS WARNING
WARNING UPDATE

Typhoon "Durian" centred near latitude 13.7 degrees North and longitude 113.5 degrees East, approximately 537 km northeast of Nha Trang, Vietnam at 11.00 am 03 December 2006 and is tracking westwards at 16 kmph.

In this connection, the Second Category of Strong Winds and Rough Seas Warning issued at 8:00pm 2 December 2006 is upgraded to Third Category for the coastal waters of Sarawak and Sabah, Second Category for East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia.

Strong northwesterly to southwesterly winds of 50-60 kmph and rough seas up to 5.5 metres over the coastal waters of Sarawak and Sabah are expected to persist until Wednesday (6 December 2006). Over the coastal waters of East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia, strong northeasterly to northwesterly winds of 40-50 kmph and rough sea up to 4.5 metres expected to persist till Wednesday (6 December 2006).

This condition of strong winds and rough seas are dangerous to all shipping and coastal activities including fishing and ferry services.

SECTION B: THUNDERSTORMS WARNING

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds over coastal waters of Sarawak and East Johor are expected to continue until evening(03 Dec 2006). This condition is expected to cause rough seas and is dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 03 Dec 2006, 1.10 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby faceless » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:42 am

Eh yeke ade typhoon kat sarawak? laut nampak cam tenang je kat sini..bot2 nelayan pun byk je tgh tangkap ikan ni! camno nak balik nih?? ish ish..
No Dives No Life!!
faceless
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:46 pm

Latest updates concerning Typhoon Durian:

http://www.kjc.gov.my/people2/cfo/taufan.pdf

HEAVY RAIN WARNING(AMENDMENT)
(RED STAGE)
Issued at : 9.00 am 05/12/2006  
Typhoon "Durian" was centred near latitude 10.2 degrees North and longitude 107.7 degrees East, approximately 176 km southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam at 05:00 am 05 December 2006 and was tracking southwestwards at 24 kmph.This typhoon is expected to cross the Gulf of Thailand between Tuesday night(05 December 2006) and Wednesday night( 06 December 2006).
In this connection, moderate rains occasionally heavy with strong winds are expected to occur over most places in Kelantan,Terengganu, Kedah and Perlis within this period.

Issued by
Malaysian Meteorological Department
Ministry of Science, Technology & Inovation
05/12/2006  
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:53 pm

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING
IN THE COASTAL WATERS OFF THE EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR, SARAWAK AND WEST SABAH

THIRD CATEGORY WARNING WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS IN THE COASTAL WATERS OFF THE EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR, SARAWAK AND WEST SABAH

Strong northeasterly winds 60-70 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 5.5 metres over the coastal waters off the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia, Sarawak and West Sabah, are expected to persist until this Sunday 24 December 2006.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all coastal and shipping activities and workers on oil platforms.

WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING OVER THE SOUTH CHINA SEA

Widespread thunderstorm activity now occurring in the South China Sea is also expected to continue until this Sunday(24 December 2006)

Updated on 20 Dec 2006, 10.00 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:30 pm

STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS WARNING
IN THE EAST COAST WATERS OF PENINSULAR, NORTHERN SECTOR OF STRAITS OF STRAITS OF MALACCA , SARAWAK AND SABAH

Section A: THIRD CATEGORY WARNING, WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS OVER THE COASTAL WATERS OF THE EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR

Tropical depression has developed near latitude 5 north and longitude 111 east in South China Sea and expected to move toward north west.

In this connection, strong northeasterly winds 60-70 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 5.5 metres over the coastal waters of the East Coast of Peninsular are expected occur from Friday 5 January 2007 till Monday 8 January 2007.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all shipping activities (including fishing activities and ferry services ), coastal activities and oil platform activities.

Section B: SECOND CATEGORY WARNING, WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS OVER THE COASTAL WATERS OF THE EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR, NORTHERN SECTOR OF STRAITS OF MALACCA, SARAWAK AND SABAH

Strong northeasterly winds 50-60 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 4.5 metres over the coastal waters off the East Coast of Peninsular, Sarawak and Sabah, are expected to persist until Tuesday 9 January 2007.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all shipping activities (including fishing activities and ferry services ) and coastal activities.

Section C: WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN THE CENTRAL SOUTH CHINA SEA, EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR, SARAWAK AND SABAH

Widespread thunderstorm activity occurring in the central South China Sea, East Coast of Peninsular, Sarawak and Sabah is expected to continue until Sunday 7 January 2007.

Updated on 05 Jan 2007, 4.30 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:24 am

SECOND CATEGORY WARNING
IN THE SOUTH CHINA SEA AND SULU SEA, SABAH

WARNING UPDATE
Section A: SECOND CATEGORY WARNING WARNING ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS OVER THE COASTAL WATERS OF THE EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR, SARAWAK AND SABAH

[highlight]Strong northeasterly winds 50-60 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 5.5 metres over the coastal waters off the East Coast of Peninsular[/highlight] are expected to persist until Tuesday 16 January 2007.

[highlight]Strong northeasterly winds 50-60 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 4.5 metres over the coastal waters of Sabah and Sarawak[/highlight] are expected to persist until Tuesday 16 January 2007.

This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to all shipping activities (including fishing activities and ferry services ) and coastal activities.

Section B: WIDESPREAD THUNDERSTORM WARNING IN THE COASTAL WATERS OF EAST JOHOR, SARAWAK AND SABAH

Widespread thunderstorm activity occurring in the coastal waters of East Johor, Sarawak and Sabah is expected to continue until Sunday 14 January 2007.

Updated on 14 Jan 2007, 12.30 am
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Post Number:#9  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:24 pm

HEAVY RAIN WARNING
(RED STAGE)
Issued at : 12.15 pm 15/01/2007
WARNING UPDATE

SECTION A

HEAVY RAIN WARNING (RED STAGE)

For the state of Sabah, Kudat,Sandakan (particularly Sg. Kinabatangan valley), West Coast and Interior Divisions, moderately heavy rain is expected to persist until Saturday (20 January 2007).

In Kuching, Sri Aman, Samarahan, Betong, Sarikei, Sibu, Mukah, Miri and Limbang Divisions in Sarawak, moderately heavy rain is expected to persist until Saturday (20 January 2007).

SECTION B

HEAVY RAIN WARNING (ORANGE STAGE)

In Johore, scattered moderate rain particularly over East Johore is expected to persist until Wednesday (17 January 2007).

In Pahang and Terengganu, moderately heavy rain is expected from Tuesday (16 January 2007) to Saturday (20 January 2007).

SECTION C

HEAVY RAIN ADVISORY (YELLOW STAGE)

In Perak, [highlight]Selangor, FT Kuala Lumpur[/highlight], Malacca, N. Sembilan and West Johore, scattered thunderstorms with occasionally heavy rain is expected to occur in the late afternoon and evening effective from Tuesday (16 January 2007) to Saturday (20 January 2007).

Issued by
15/01/2007
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Re: HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Post Number:#10  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:21 pm

HEAVY RAIN WARNING
(RED STAGE)
Issued at : [highlight]4.55 pm 15/01/2007[/highlight]  
WARNING UPDATE

SECTION A
HEAVY RAIN WARNING (RED STAGE)

For the state of Sabah, Kudat,Sandakan (particularly Sg. Kinabatangan valley), West Coast and Interior Divisions, moderately heavy rain is expected to persist until Saturday (20 January 2007).

In Kuching, Sri Aman, Samarahan, Betong, Sarikei, Sibu, Mukah, Miri and Limbang Divisions in Sarawak, moderately heavy rain is expected to persist until Saturday (20 January 2007).

SECTION B

HEAVY RAIN WARNING (ORANGE STAGE)

In Johore, scattered moderate rain particularly over East Johore is expected to persist until Wednesday (17 January 2007).

In Pahang and Terengganu, moderately heavy rain is expected from Tuesday (16 January 2007) to Saturday (20 January 2007).

SECTION C

THUNDERSTORM WARNING

In Perak, [highlight]Selangor, FT Kuala Lumpur[/highlight], Malacca, N. Sembilan and West Johore, scattered thunderstorms with occasionally heavy rain is expected to occur in the late afternoon and evening effective from Tuesday (16 January 2007) to Saturday (20 January 2007).

Issued by
15/01/2007
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:22 am

ADVISORY
ADVISORY ON STRONG WINDS AND ROUGH SEAS
IN THE COASTAL WATERS OFF THE EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR, SARAWAK AND SABAH

Strong northeasterly winds 40-50 kmph and rough seas with waves up to 3.5 metres are expected to occur over the coastal waters off the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia,Sabah and Sarawak from Wednesday 24 January 2007 until Sunday 28 January 2007.
This condition of strong winds and rough seas is dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 20 Jan 2007, 4.50 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:56 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring in the coastal waters of Sandakan, Kudat and Tawau are expected to continue until early night 17 Mac 2007.
This condition is expected to cause rough seas up to 3.0 metres and is dangerous to small boat.

Updated on 17 Mar 2007, 1.00 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:56 pm

FOR THE NEXT 72 HOURS

NONE

Updated on 17 Mar 2007, 9.20 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:11 pm

This one is a bit late for me as it is happening as I type, but here goes:

IN THE COASTAL WATERS OFF THE EAST COAST OF PENINSULAR MALAYSIA

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring in the coastal waters off the east coast of Peninsular are expected to continue until afternoon (21 March 2007).
This condition is expected to cause rough seas up to 3.0 metres and is dangerous to small boat.

Updated on 21 Mar 2007, 8.40 am
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:37 am

THUNDERSTORMS AND HEAVY RAIN WARNING

Issued at : 12.00 am 07/04/2007  

Thunderstorms and heavy rain now occurring over several places in Kuching, Samarahan and Sri Aman divisions in Sarawak is expected to continue until 5.00 am today
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#16  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:46 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE COASTAL WATER OFF SARAWAK

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over the coastal water off Sarawak are expected to continue until afternoon, Thursday(19 April 2007).
This condition is expected to cause rough seas up to 2.5 metres and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 19 Apr 2007, 11.30 am
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#17  Postby John F SeaDemon » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:47 pm

Issued at : 3.30 pm 19/04/2007  

SECTION A

Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain now occurring over West Coast, F.T Labuan and Interior Divisions of Sabah is expected to continue until evening, Thursday(19 April 2007).

SECTION B

Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain now occurring over Kedah, Penang and Northern Perak is expected to continue until evening, Thursday(19 April 2007). This conditions is expected to spread over Johor, Melaka, N.Sembilan, Selangor and Kuala Lumpur.

SECTION C

WARNING UPDATE

Scattered thunderstorms and heavy rain now occurring over Limbang, Miri, Bintulu, Mukah, Sibu, Sarikei, Betong, Sri Aman, Samarahan and Kuching Divisions of Sarawak is expected to continue until evening, Thursday(19 April 2007).
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#18  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:31 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE COASTAL WATER OFF WEST SABAH

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over the coastal water off West Sabah are expected to continue until mid night, Thursday(19 April 2007).
This condition is expected to cause rough seas up to 2.5 metres and dangerous to small boats.

Updated on 19 Apr 2007, 8.30 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#19  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:33 am

Issued at : 11.55 pm 19/04/2007  

Section A:
Heavy rain and thunderstorms with strong winds now occurring over several places in Selangor is expected to continue until early morning tomorrow (20 April 2007). This conditions is expected to spread over Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya and Purtajaya.

Section B:

Present scattered moderate rain occasionally heavy with thundertorms now occurring over West Coast and Interior Division of Sabah and expected to spread over FT. Labuan. This condition is expected to persist until predawn tomorrow (20 April 2007).

These rain could produce flash floods, strond winds, rough seas and mudslides along river banks, low-lying areas and mountain slopes
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#20  Postby Spazm » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:43 am

It is already starting..I hear rumblings in the distance as I am typing this.... :o
Substance over matter , Diver behind the dive.....
Spazm
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#21  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:50 am

Yeah...wind's quiet strong out there...I can hear it slam the window pane once in a while
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#22  Postby Spazm » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:53 am

Took out my BC and hang it up next to bed already..just in case..:)
Substance over matter , Diver behind the dive.....
Spazm
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#23  Postby Snafu » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:55 am

Oi WEATHERMAN.... Kuching NO RAIN daaaaaaaaa

;D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#24  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:58 am

Oi WEATHERMAN.... Kuching NO RAIN daaaaaaaaa

;D

I think your side no rain la..anyway for Kuching it says until evening 19th only
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#25  Postby CK » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:37 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE COASTAL WATER OFF WEST SABAH

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring over the coastal water off West Sabah are expected to continue until mid night, Thursday(19 April 2007).

Updated on 19 Apr 2007, 8.30 pm

How about next week? east of Sabah area?  8-)
***CK***
CK
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#26  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:17 am

That's more than 72 hours...wind forecasts aren't that accurate
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#27  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:35 pm

Here's one for you today, CK:

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE SULU SEA

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring in the Sulu Sea are expected to continue until afternoon, Friday(20 April 2007).

Updated on 20 Apr 2007, 10.10 am
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#28  Postby John F SeaDemon » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:36 pm

Issued at : 3.40 pm 20/04/2007

Thunderstorms and heavy rain now occurring over several places in West Johor and Malacca is expected to continue until early night.
This condition is expected to spread over Negeri Sembilan and Southern Pahang by late afternoon and expected to persist until early night.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#29  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:31 am

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE STRAITS OF MALACCA

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring in the waters off Kedah and Perak are expected to continue until morning, Saturday(21 April 2007).

Updated on 21 Apr 2007, 2.00 am
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Post Number:#30  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:20 pm

THUNDERSTORM WARNING
IN THE COASTAL WATER OFF WEST SARAWAK

Thunderstorms activities with strong winds occurring in the coastal waters off West Sarawak are expected to continue until evening, Sunday(22 April 2007).

Updated on 22 Apr 2007, 12.10 pm
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic author

Next

Return to Weather / Travel Advisory