MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Tank Banger / Muck Stick / Reef Stick / Pointer

Tank Banger / Muck Stick / Reef Stick / Pointer

Tank Banger / Muck Stick / Reef Stick / Pointer

Post Number:#1  Postby Hollanda83 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi All,

Hopefully some of you are able to help me out, I am new to Kuala Lumpur and looking for a very specific type of equipment which is even hard to find online...

Tank Banger / Muck Stick / Reef Stick / Pointer: you must know what it is as most DM and instructors use it to point things out or get your attention...

Where can I buy this in PINK, yes you read it well in PINK. I know Midvalley has a dive-shop, but they don't have it in Pink and cannot order it either...

Does anyone know any other dive shops in KL where they might have this, or know where I can order this online?

Thank you so much for you effort and help.

Cheers!
Hollanda83
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Tank Banger / Muck Stick / Reef Stick / Pointer

Post Number:#2  Postby taeivon » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Pointers are normally Stainless Steel rods. No u can't coat or paint stainless steel. U can try buying normal metal rods and powder coat them in Pink. But both the paint and the metal rod won't last in usual open water diving.
taeivon
Diver
Diver

Re: Tank Banger / Muck Stick / Reef Stick / Pointer

Post Number:#3  Postby alanc86 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:48 am

As I know that ScubaholicsAnonymous's Mohan is selling the pointer with the rubber warping the edge of the pointer, but as i know he only selling yellow and red. Mayb you can call him up and ask for a custom made. and that will made you unique.
alanc86
Diver
Diver

Return to Accessories