MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Yellow or Orange

Yellow or Orange

Yellow or Orange

Post Number:#1  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:15 am

hmmm... hey guys..

need some opinion here... if u r getting a smb.. do u prefer those in yellow color or orange color?

btw.. will u get those 10-foot tall one? .. or those 5-foot + ?
cheers...
"Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There" (it's so true... i personally have experienced it)
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Re: Yellow or Orange

Post Number:#2  Postby Bones » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:26 am

Orange... bigger the better ;)
Fish out of water is like a diver with no air
Bones
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby Nizaha » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:30 am

7ft orange smb might work !!! 10ft too long..where you gonna stick up CKK ??  :-?

Safe diving

Zaha
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#4  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:38 am

kakakaa..

just now i saw this carter personal smb... 10' long with 50lbs lift capasity... but it's yellow in color.. when think of it.. if using it in the middle of the sea.. it's yellow.. looks bright.. might be hard to see  ::)
cheers...
"Dive Like Hell & You'll Be There" (it's so true... i personally have experienced it)
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:43 am

There is a reason why air force and police pilots use a colour called "Dayglow Orange" except during military ops where everything's in Olive Drab.
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#6  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:11 am

There is a reason why air force and police pilots use a colour called "Dayglow Orange" except during military ops where everything's in Olive Drab.

what is Olive Drab color?
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby LaraCroft » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:38 am

I would go for orange, its easier to sight. Err.. not the 10foot one la CKK, too big lar but then again what comforts you.
Get busy livin' or Get busy divin'
LaraCroft
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#8  Postby sheik » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:38 am

On normal circumstances, always go for orange smb lah.

Anyways, here are the color and its meaning:
1. 1 orange smb round or sausage = 1 diver safely on smb

2. 1 orange smb round and 1 sausage = 2 divers safely on smb

3. 1 yellow smb sausage = 1 lone diver has a problem; out of gas/loss of orange smb (surface people should drop bottles unless there's a note saying otherwise)

4. 1 yellow and 1 orange sausages (two put close together) = lone diver requires assistance.

5. 1 yellow and 1 orange sausages (two put close together)  and 1 orange round smb = 2 divers require assistance.

6. 1 orange sausage and two orange/yellow round smb (sausage put between round smbs)   = seademon know this...   ;D
Last edited by anas on Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diving: A Serious Play
sheik
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#9  Postby mocha » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:09 am

i am using a 4 foot orange sausage... it serves me well.... easy to handle UW and easy to deploy...  why do u need a 10 footer for?? imagine the amount of blowjob u need to erect that giant!!  8-) ;D ;)
Last edited by mocha on Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#10  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:24 pm

Obi-Wan: Use the NET, Luke Image
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#11  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:10 pm

isn't BIG is wonderful?  ;D ;D ;D

oh well, since there is this big thing out there.. i thought, when using it.. ppl easier to see me mah :P .. big heck.. i think 10' is very tall  :o ::)
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:15 pm

http://www.olive-drab.com/

Military Information HQ

Welcome to Olive-Drab.com, where you will find over a thousand pages of military photos and information resources. Jeeps, HMMWVs, trucks, tanks, weapons and ammunition, rations, web gear and field equipment, electronics, history, books & videos, and much more. From World War II through Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War and the wars of the 21st Century you will find text and photos on all the things that equip the soldier and keep the military moving.

::)
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby zimm » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:19 pm

was wondering......any bright or shocking pink??? i think fr far oso can see ;) :P ::)
For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.
For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.
zimm
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#14  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:34 pm

Military Information HQ

Welcome to Olive-Drab.com, where you will find over a thousand pages of military photos and information resources. Jeeps, HMMWVs, trucks, tanks, weapons and ammunition, rations, web gear and field equipment, electronics, history, books & videos, and much more. From World War II through Korea, Vietnam, the Gulf War and the wars of the 21st Century you will find text and photos on all the things that equip the soldier and keep the military moving.

That one too...but if you think it gives info on colours, then...well...you probably use the PC more for games
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#15  Postby John F SeaDemon » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:35 pm

was wondering......any bright or shocking pink??? i think fr far oso can see ;) :P ::)

I'm sure...hello, sharkbait  ;D
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#16  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:56 pm

get anyone ... and then spray paint it :P
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#17  Postby SuperKingKong® » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:56 pm

Military Information HQ

That one too...but if you think it gives info on colours, then...well...you probably use the PC more for games

got it already... sort of those army green, rite?
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#18  Postby Vincent » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:15 am

Hi divers,

I am looking into purchasing one too. Found some SMB from e-bay going for USD10. Any criteria in choosing the suitable one ah? I've never use B4 but would like to have one of my own (feel safer mah). Heard that it is not easy to use if unfamiliar. Please advise!!!

Cheers, :)
Vincent
Diver
Diver

Topics: 1

Post Number:#19  Postby SuperKingKong® » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:59 am

Hi divers,

I am looking into purchasing one too. Found some SMB from e-bay going for USD10. Any criteria in choosing the suitable one ah? I've never use B4 but would like to have one of my own (feel safer mah). Heard that it is not easy to use if unfamiliar. Please advise!!!

Cheers, :)

well.. u shl get an orange color one :P .. about 5' is enough.. with an over-pressure valve, so that when ascend, extra air can escape.. and the most important thing.. the built.. the material of the smb... should get those durable one.

the problem with ebay is that.. u can't "see" and "feel" the quality of the material :)

but if it's cheap... use few times.. koyak.. then buy again lah :P ... but that said... it's not good to be "koyak" while u're in the middle of the ocean :)
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#20  Postby John F SeaDemon » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:00 am

Vincent, what SKK has mentioned is true. It would be better for you to go to a LDS and see/feel for yourself the material of the SMB. I suspect a USD10 SMB is that thin orange plastic thingy that serves better as a child's poolside toy.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#21  Postby SuperKingKong® » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:29 pm

serves better as a child's poolside toy.

;D ;D
cheers...
SuperKingKong®
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#22  Postby Vincent » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:22 pm

Thanks SD & CKK for your advise.
Question: I have never use a SMB B4. When we deploy it underwater, doesn't the SMB affects our bouyancy? I am worried that it might caused an uncontrolled ascent.

Cheers,
Vincent
Diver
Diver

Topics: 1

Post Number:#23  Postby mocha » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:28 pm

Question: I have never use a SMB B4. When we deploy it underwater, doesn't the SMB affects our bouyancy? I am worried that it might caused an uncontrolled ascent.

Cheers,

bro... thats why we have pool sessions.....  ;) :)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#24  Postby John F SeaDemon » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:32 am

Cheers,

bro... thats why we have pool sessions.....  ;) :)

Agreed...as Snafu would always advise us in here: whatever new equipment that you have bought, test it inside a pool first.
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#25  Postby Spazm » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:37 am

always face your back against current for SMB deployment...u wouldnt want to add entanglement on your list of problems..:)
Substance over matter , Diver behind the dive.....
Spazm
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#26  Postby mocha » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:45 am

always face your back against current for SMB deployment...u wouldnt want to add entanglement on your list of problems..:)

u dun get that kinda scenario in the pool... hehe.... CKK, where is my shearer?? hehe....
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#27  Postby LaraCroft » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:27 pm

u dun get that kinda scenario in the pool... hehe.... CKK, where is my shearer?? hehe....

Aiyaa.. Mocha, he is only coming back during christmas. You, me and others just might get a shearer for christmas from santakingkong.
Get busy livin' or Get busy divin'
LaraCroft
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#28  Postby mocha » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:36 pm

Aiyaa.. Mocha, he is only coming back during christmas. You, me and others just might get a shearer for christmas from santakingkong.

that means i will still hafto wait before i can simulate entanglement in the pool... haha....  ;) :) :D
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#29  Postby Spazm » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:49 am

that means i will still hafto wait before i can simulate entanglement in the pool... haha....  ;) :) :D

No need to wait lah...next pool session..u deploy...I would be glad to help you get entangled...heh heh.. ::):)
Substance over matter , Diver behind the dive.....
Spazm
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#30  Postby mocha » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:36 am

No need to wait lah...next pool session..u deploy...I would be glad to help you get entangled...heh heh.. ::):)

no shearer to cut away the entanglement ma...  :P this week go pool mau ka?? ada berani???
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Accessories