MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Regulator Soaking and Rinsing

Regulator Soaking and Rinsing

Re: Regulator Soaking and Rinsing

Post Number:#31  Postby GOD » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:43 am

Once you clean your equipment .......

Mask - Keep away from sunlite, cool dry place.
Wetsuit - Hang it with the ZIP close, wax the zip ... use Wetsuit Hanger
Booties - On the floor with ZIP close & wax the zip
Regulator - Keep it on a flat surface, cool dry place & away from sunlite
BCs - Semi Inflate, cool dry place & away from sunlite ..... Hang it
Knife & Sheares - Dry it & use silicon spray
Gloves - Dry it & keep it on a flat surface
SMB - Dry it & keep it back in the holder
Reel & Spool - Dry it, slack the line till the end & coil it back ... ready to use

Basicly make sure all the items are dry, away from sunlite &  air it.

I have special place to keep all my diving equipments ... Ikea Plastic compartment case, 4 drawers.

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#32  Postby LaraCroft » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:35 am

Reel & Spool - Dry it, slack the line till the end & coil it back ... ready to use

I have special place to keep all my diving equipments ... Ikea Plastic compartment case, 4 drawers.

;D

Dear Sifu..

Since i do not have too much space in house. After all my equipment have dried out. I place all of them back in the diving bag. Is that alright??

Regs >> back in the regulator bag.
BC >> partially inflated and placed back in the diving bag.

and the rest of the stuff at well ie.. wetsuit, fins, booties, mask, gloves, hood..

Please advice.
LaraCroft

Topic author

Post Number:#33  Postby Jim » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:59 am

I bot a plastic container from Giant to stuff all my diving gear except for the wetsuit which i hang..... When going for a trip, just chuck the wet suit in & off i go. No need to worry about leaving behind anything....
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#34  Postby matzahar » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:13 pm

Dearest Otai semua;

Me, all gears inside a box and under the bed. S80 Catalina (2000psi) is inside my small store.

How to store a tank?? At full or min pressure of 500psi. Boleh explode tak if the ambient temp is high to around 40deg.C.

Advice appreciated. Masih dok belajor nih...
matzahar

Topic author

Post Number:#35  Postby MazAmi » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:36 pm

In addition to Snafu's advice, suggest you store your Reg & BCD in plastic black bags to keep away lipas from bertelur in your reg/BCD. Speaking of which, I have been trying hard to find a silicon spray (the pressurised can type) that uses CO2 as its propellant. I had one produced by Aquaseal before - does anyone know where to get one? Please do not use Silicon spray with hydrocarbon propellant coz all petroleum based chemical can degrade rubber on hoses, BCD, o-rings.

Diver2B, just make sure you store the S80 upright in a dry place. Storing at full pressure is ok coz even though the WP is 207 bar, the TP is at a very high 300 bar. So no need to worry about ambient temp (unless there is a fire).

Also having a full tank of air in the house makes it a breeze to inflate tyres, balls, balloons  ;D
MazAmi

Topic author

Post Number:#36  Postby GOD » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:05 am

;D

Dear Sifu..

Since i do not have too much space in house. After all my equipment have dried out. I place all of them back in the diving bag. Is that alright??

Regs >> back in the regulator bag.
BC >> partially inflated and placed back in the diving bag.

and the rest of the stuff at well ie.. wetsuit, fins, booties, mask, gloves, hood..

Please advice.

Dear Lara,

Is alright to do that ... be better if you could hang your wetsuit.

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#37  Postby GOD » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:11 am

Diver2B, just make sure you store the S80 upright in a dry place. Storing at full pressure is ok coz even though the WP is 207 bar, the TP is at a very high 300 bar. So no need to worry about ambient temp (unless there is a fire).

Also having a full tank of air in the house makes it a breeze to inflate tyres, balls, balloons  ;D

Tyres...balls...ballons...to inflate... Hahahahahahahaaaa  :D

Having a bit of pressure in the cylinder is to prevent MOIST from getting inside (5-10bar) ..... just make sure the cylinder is VI & Hydro accordingly, make it safe for everybody.

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#38  Postby okelly » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:46 am

wah...snafu, u demmm learn-nerd mannnnnnnnnnn.....I like this forum more and more....learning lots here!
okelly

Topic author

Post Number:#39  Postby GOD » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:59 am

Okelly .. Please contribute also, we all can share information here.

It be great for the members to learn & share diving info.

Ok..Back to the REGULATOR SOAKING & RINSING ....... any adds on?

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#40  Postby anas » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:50 am

[highlight]Regulator - Keep it on a flat surface, cool dry place & away from sunlite[/highlight]

;D

A question?
You mentioned that [highlight]Regulator - Keep it on a flat surface, cool dry place & away from sunlite[/highlight]
are you suggesting to keep the reg hoses straight or nicely rolled? I normally keep them in the reg bag. Is that straining the hoses?
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#41  Postby SeaDemon » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:27 am

I prefer to hang my regulator sets and close the cavities.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#42  Postby GOD » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:44 am

[highlight]Regulator - Keep it on a flat surface, cool dry place & away from sunlite[/highlight]

;D

A question?
You mentioned that [highlight]Regulator - Keep it on a flat surface, cool dry place & away from sunlite[/highlight]
are you suggesting to keep the reg hoses straight or nicely rolled? I normally keep them in the reg bag. Is that straining the hoses?

Nicely roll is alright as long as you dont put tension to the hose, general idea is not to stress the hose.

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#43  Postby asriali » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:13 pm

I bot a plastic container from Giant to stuff all my diving gear except for the wetsuit which i hang..... When going for a trip, just chuck the wet suit in & off i go. No need to worry about leaving behind anything....

Jim, if everyone has a plastic container like yours and mine, then we can't put it at the galley anymore when we do LOB... ;)

As for me, I have this Toyogo container, big enuff to fit all essentials... it serves as a store as well as my divebag (I add a shoulder sling via carabiners at both end).  So, no worry of leaving out anything especially if the trip's a last minute thingy.  I double secure @ tighten the lid with velcro tape (beli kat supermarket, a pair for RM3.50).  

After every trip, it also serves as a big rinsing 'station' for all the equipment.

For storage, after all the necessary rinsing, drying out etc, I place the dive stuff inside the container WITH a box of thirsty hippo... a dehumidifying agent... then close it for good until the next trip comes along.  I don't get any musty smell and so far so good.  Been doing it for the past 3 years.  Invasion by cicak, lipas etc also is a no issue...  If pecah, can always use it to store something else and get yourself a new one.  Damn cheap and maintenance-free...

But before buying your container, try to stack all your stuff as if you're packing it in a box.  Then measure roughly the width, length, height... then only do your shopping.
asriali

Topic author

Post Number:#44  Postby okelly » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:49 pm

RESPECTA!!!! U de man.....really sayang your gears huh? I broke my BC 2 trips ago. Then inherited one from my friend, hope can last me next 10 years muahahhahahahah. When and where is ADEX this year?
okelly

Topic author

Post Number:#45  Postby bijan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:00 pm

adex this year is in thailand but forgotten when
bijan

Topic author

Post Number:#46  Postby Jim » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:15 pm

ADEX is nexth month in Bangkok if not mistaken
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#47  Postby asriali » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:53 am

RESPECTA!!!! U de man.....really sayang your gears huh? I broke my BC 2 trips ago. Then inherited one from my friend, hope can last me next 10 years muahahhahahahah. When and where is ADEX this year?

Sayang la... expensive to replace... my first BC actually 'bocored' during transit when it was in my old canvas dive bag... wouldn't know where it happened, whether on the boat ke, during transfer to van ke, at the airport ke or during in my car to go home...  so with this container, the peace of mind is there.  If I go on flight, this container goes into a canvas bag large enuff to fit it in.  This canvas bag can be the very very cheapo type.
asriali

Topic author

Post Number:#48  Postby Jim » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:26 pm

Ssfer still is to place all equipment in hard cases like Pelican. But its expensive & oso a radar signal in some places as people suspect something valuables in there. Dont soak yr hard case laaa when rinsing equipments......
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#49  Postby asriali » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:11 pm

Ssfer still is to place all equipment in hard cases like Pelican. But its expensive & oso a radar signal in some places as people suspect something valuables in there. Dont soak yr hard case laaa when rinsing equipments......

Pelican also can cause hernia when fully loaded with your dive stuff  ;D
asriali

Topic author

Post Number:#50  Postby Jim » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:38 pm

Pelican also can cause hernia when fully loaded with your dive stuff  ;D

...buy the one with roller... hehehe
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#51  Postby superkingkong » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:07 am

tumpang tanya..

what if, 2nd stage in the water, but not 1st stage, and accidentally "ter-press" 2nd stage purge button, will water go into the 1st stage?
superkingkong

Topic author

Post Number:#52  Postby Peter Griffin » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:17 am

i remember reading somewhere, that ure not supposed, not ever...under any circumstances, depress the purge button in water,unless the system is charged. BUT, should the opposite happens, u should take the scuba system to a certified technician to be inspected and serviced.as you said, the water might have seeped into the 1st stage. and that is not a good thing.
R U wet yet?
Peter Griffin
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#53  Postby MasAduka » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:55 pm

how often that reg require a major service..........or it like those consumable items
Make living on what we get, life for what we give.
MasAduka
Diver
Diver

Previous

Return to Maintenance and Servicing