MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Regulator Soaking and Rinsing

Regulator Soaking and Rinsing

Regulator Soaking and Rinsing

Post Number:#1  Postby anas » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:11 pm

After every dive trip, I normally soak it (of course dust cap on la) in fresh water for, normally, overnight--including all other equipment.

My question is: Is it advisable to rendam your regs?

Anyone have some experience to tell?
anas

Topic author

Re: Regulator Soaking and Rinsing

Post Number:#2  Postby Jim » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:14 pm

.... i normally celup2 in fresh water after a dive....when back home i rinse it once again....
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby SeaDemon » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:17 pm

I don't rendam the 1st stage. I just rinse it throughly with the dust cap on. The 2nd stage I rendam
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby HoleMaster » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:30 pm

After every dive trip, I normally soak it (of course dust cap on la) in fresh water for, normally, overnight--including all other equipment.

My question is: Is it advisable to rendam your regs?

Anyone have some experience to tell?

Myself like Jim, rinse after dive and rinse again when at home. I think if soaking for one nite would be okay....lama2 jadi tempat bertenak nyamuk denggi bai ;D
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby pacai » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:56 pm

the objective is to run fresh water thru all the part exposed to salt water. by soaking it overnite, i think its the best way to clean your reg and make it salt free. otherwise the salt might crystalize and start clogging any part of your reg. as far as the cap is tight and wont let a single drop of water into the filter part, then its fine i guess. anyhow, this is just an opinion of mine, still learning and will keep on learning.

;)
pacai

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby admin » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:00 pm

Same here celup and rinse reg after each dive. With mouthpiece while rinse i gently press purge button(this is done with reg still attached to tank). I dont do this regularly but.. is it okay to do so?  
admin

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby SeaDemon » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:06 am

Myself like Jim, rinse after dive and rinse again when at home. I think if soaking for one nite would be okay....lama2 jadi tempat bertenak nyamuk denggi bai ;D

Itupun kalau boleh hidup jejentik nyamuk tu...lu punya wetsuit tu kencing punya residue sikit punya dahsyat ke...al-maklumlah...Holemaster :D ;D
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby pacai » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:38 am

Same here celup and rinse reg after each dive. With mouthpiece while rinse i gently press purge button(this is done with reg still attached to tank). I dont do this regularly but.. is it okay to do so?  

as far as the air pressure is still running inside the hose, then it is fine to press the purge button.
Last edited by pacai on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
pacai

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby HoleMaster » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:48 am

Itupun kalau boleh hidup jejentik nyamuk tu...lu punya wetsuit tu kencing punya residue sikit punya dahsyat ke...al-maklumlah...Holemaster :D ;D

Aku pakai 2 baldi...one for regulator and one for wetsuit...so tada halnye nyamuk nak membiak ;D
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby alex » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:49 am

normally soak it overnight after my dive trip, soak BC too....3 yrs d...only service one time by professional...Diamond Ice  8-)
alex

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby deepblu » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:42 pm

as far as the air pressure is still running inside the hose, then it is fine to press the purge button.

i normally do this at the end of my last dive of the day.

as for reaching home upon end of dive trip, i try not to soak the 1st stage. (kadang kadang tu termasuk/terjatuh dalam baldi oso - the 1st stage, not me  ;D)
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby anas » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:24 pm

deepblu, bila lu nak dive dgn gua nih?
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby pacai » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:46 am

i normally do this at the end of my last dive of the day.

as for reaching home upon end of dive trip, i try not to soak the 1st stage. (kadang kadang tu termasuk/terjatuh dalam baldi oso - the 1st stage, not me  ;D)

as long as the first stage cap is still on, then it shudnt be a prob. hehehe.
pacai

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby GOD » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:22 am

I always Purge the 2nd Stage by end of the dives b4 packing my regulator set.... helps to clean the Salt water clear from the system

:) At home I might clean it if I remember to do so by soaking the regulator set in warm water & running warm water through the 2nd Stage..... all done in 30 minutes.

If not .... will clean it after the next diving trip  :D

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby flying_tapir » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:12 am

my rules is simple..do wht ever ive been tot.thts all..is it ok with tht?..or is there something elses i should knoe?..
flying_tapir

Topic author

Post Number:#16  Postby GOD » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:20 pm

my rules is simple..do wht ever ive been tot.thts all..is it ok with tht?..or is there something elses i should knoe?..

That is fine too .... make life easier, get your maid to do it for you.

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#17  Postby flying_tapir » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:42 pm

waalah..after tht my maid will put some clorox secukup rasa..muahaha...so ape kate kita buat wet suit warna warni..meriah tuh.. ;D
flying_tapir

Topic author

Post Number:#18  Postby GOD » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:52 pm

waalah..after tht my maid will put some clorox secukup rasa..muahaha...so ape kate kita buat wet suit warna warni..meriah tuh.. ;D

Wetsuit colourful is alright ... what if the regulator set change colour  :o

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#19  Postby deepblu » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:22 am

deepblu, bila lu nak dive dgn gua nih?

m just waiting for ur call, bro.

gear semua sentiasa on standby. kekeke
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#20  Postby turbius » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:11 am

Kalu sia normally rinse dengan fresh water je....bila balik rumah rendam dengan fresh water dan campur sikit dengan cuka (3% - subtitute for ultrasonic compound) to get rid the cyrstal salt :)
turbius

Topic author

Post Number:#21  Postby deepblu » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:16 pm

dan campur sikit dengan cuka (3% - subtitute for ultrasonic compound) to get rid the cyrstal salt :)

ermm... sikit tu banyak mana ye?

have been told that my regs had salt crystals when i sent it in for service - this despite of thoroughly rendaming it in water...
deepblu

Topic author

Post Number:#22  Postby spazm » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:21 pm

dan campur sikit dengan cuka (3% - subtitute for ultrasonic compound) to get rid the cyrstal salt :)

ermm... sikit tu banyak mana ye?

have been told that my regs had salt crystals when i sent it in for service - this despite of thoroughly rendaming it in water...

Masuk secukup rasa..:)

Use finger dip test..if the water taste nice with vinegar..then it should be enough..:p
spazm

Topic author

Post Number:#23  Postby SeaDemon » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:37 pm

Add 4-5 tablespoons of cooking oil, a bit of salt and sugar, [highlight]250ml vinegar[/highlight], 4 cucumbers, sliced and diced, 10 red chillis, 4 green chiilis, 2 shallots..potong 8 kalu, 2 bijik garlic...potong 3 kalu, 10 onions...don't chop, blender 5 buah keras with 3cm ginger and 2cm belacan (sudah bakar punya kalu).

You heat up the cooking oil in a frying pan, then you kasi tumis the blendered mix until the aroma come out (not white tanni come out), put in sugar and salt, and the [highlight]vinegar[/highlight], wait until boil. The cucumber, chillis onions, shallots, garlic you put inside a tub, then put in your dive equipment, then take the stuff in the frying pan and pour onto the contents of the tub.

If that doesn't clean your dive equipment, at least you can eat with nasi minyak and nasi tomato. ;D
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#24  Postby prob » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:35 pm

:D
knew it...almost certain ada yg akan bagi resepi....kehkehkeh
prob

Topic author

Post Number:#25  Postby HoleMaster » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:01 am

Add 4-5 tablespoons of cooking oil, a bit of salt and sugar, [highlight]250ml vinegar[/highlight], 4 cucumbers, sliced and diced, 10 red chillis, 4 green chiilis, 2 shallots..potong 8 kalu, 2 bijik garlic...potong 3 kalu, 10 onions...don't chop, blender 5 buah keras with 3cm ginger and 2cm belacan (sudah bakar punya kalu).

You heat up the cooking oil in a frying pan, then you kasi tumis the blendered mix until the aroma come out (not white tanni come out), put in sugar and salt, and the [highlight]vinegar[/highlight], wait until boil. The cucumber, chillis onions, shallots, garlic you put inside a tub, then put in your dive equipment, then take the stuff in the frying pan and pour onto the contents of the tub.

If that doesn't clean your dive equipment, at least you can eat with nasi minyak and nasi tomato. ;D

Demon can u oso give me Joe's Giant Clam recipe? ;D
HoleMaster

Topic author

Post Number:#26  Postby evo5555 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:03 am

;D
evo5555

Topic author

Post Number:#27  Postby SeaDemon » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:10 am

Wa tak makan benda tu..lu la makan benda tu macam nudi makan anemone...siap naik bijik-bijik badan...kekeke. Nak resipi clam?

First, go to Marine Park. Remove a 0.8 meter Giant Clam from reef. Pry open clam in the LOB's toilet. Get clam's meat and cut into pieces. Rinse clam meat under cold water and drain. Mix flour with salt, pepper, and garlic to taste. Beat eggs with small amount of milk. Place about 1/2 inch oil in a large frying pan on a medium high setting. Dredge the clam meat through the flour first, then the eggs and last through the Kentucky breading, making sure the clam meat is fully covered through each step. Once oil is hot, place the clam meat pieces in the fry pan. Cook 45 to 60 seconds per side until golden brown. Place fried clams on paper towel to drain excess oil. Makes a yummy pile of clam goodies.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#28  Postby bottle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:33 pm

yummmyy yummmmyy... nak cuba recipe recipe chef SD tis weekend la... :D ;D
bottle

Topic author

Post Number:#29  Postby okelly » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:27 pm

[font=Arial][/font] Ya, I also rendam overnight sometimes I mabuk every night I rendam for one week kakakakkaakka

The other thing I would like to suggest is, wrap a plastic bad over the mouth piece. Takut kena lipas gigit, cicak kencing etc.  :o
okelly

Topic author

Post Number:#30  Postby mnim821 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:09 pm

Korang nie kelakar le  ;D ;D ;D ;D.

As for me, after returning from a trip, basuh reg, bcd, booties, fins, mask, wetsuit and pointer throughly with tap water. Bcd & reg hang to dry untill next trip.

Since okelly mentioned about cicak kencing & lipas.......... :-X
mnim821

Topic author

Next

Return to Maintenance and Servicing