MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - D4i computer sync/connect PROBLEM... BEWARE b4 buying it!!

D4i computer sync/connect PROBLEM... BEWARE b4 buying it!!

D4i computer sync/connect PROBLEM... BEWARE b4 buying it!!

Post Number:#1  Postby kenzotaj » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:10 am

Recently bought D4i which comes with a USB sync cable in the box..
Had 5 dives recently..
Using windows 7 and installed DM4 movescount software, tried to sync my D4i to PC, the wristwatch shows "Data Transfer" BUT computer DM4 persistently shown as "Not Connected"
- THERE IS NOT DATA SYNC WHATSOEVER -
Tried again with a laptop running of Windows XP but again SAME problem..
Yes,, i chose D4i as my default watch in DM4,, and YES i do not have any Moveslink software installed,,, ONLY movescount DM4 for dive computer sync,, (the FAQ in troubleshooting which is completely utterly useless, rubbish and craps)
AND YES Suunto is synonym with PROBLEMS... If not becoz of its daily wearable design and conservative values in computing the residual nitrogen time.. i wouldnt even bother to get Suunto,, Well known to be plagued with problem,, from times to times ....
I am just like a 'moth' -- attracted to fire despite of its fatal consequences...
why-lah d design is so damnly attractive.... 

I think i know d answer for my problem... Unfortunately it appears to be hardware problem..  not entirely sure .. but think so...
Any D4i user having same problem???? please help to give feedback..

i have contacted my seller/. dealer as well as Suunto Website helpdesk and awaiting for response..
FOr those considering D4i,, BUT  dont bother to sync their dives history into computer .. perhaps should just consider older D4 (???No USB sync cable inclusive) and save couple of hundreds of bucks ,, ....
The sea is calling...
kenzotaj
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: D4i computer sync/connect PROBLEM... BEWARE b4 buying it!!

Post Number:#2  Postby Narco » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:16 am

Thanks kenzotaj for the sharing. Keep us update  on what is happening or perhaps the solution to ur problem. I believe many are eyeing for this particular model.
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topics: 11

Post Number:#3  Postby toodus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:13 am

I have a D4i but I don't do all the data transferring business. Reading the manual is hard enough......
NOTHING GREAT WAS EVER ACHIEVED WITHOUT ENTHUSIASM
toodus
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topics: 18

Post Number:#4  Postby kenzotaj » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Dear fellow divers...

Voila ... problem fixed...  courtesy of Suunto Helpdesk .[size=78%]http://www.suunto.com/us/en/support/contact-us/write-your-question[/size] 
I am impressed with their within 24 hour prompt reply... 

First thing first - they asked if the USB cable 2 pin connecting head has a red-plastic covering - If yes then it is the correct D4i cable.
The next email asked if i installed Moveslink into my computer .. Nope ... And that's the mistake !!!
Apparently, i still need to download and  install Moveslink application (which is for Running / jogging watches) before i install the DM4 Movescount (which is for scuba dive computer).. Bcoz the drivers that detect Suunto watches are only inside Moveslink .. No driver in DM4 Movescount !!! 

Having said that.. Suunto still has this mess to clear up for future customer bcoz -
1. In the Suunto D4i box / instruction leaflet - No instruction given to install Moveslink prior to install DM4 Movescount !!!
2. In the Moveslink download website - No Suunto D4 / D4i or any diving watches to choose from when prompted to identify your purchased-watch during the installation steps. I connect my Suunto D4i to PC and I tried choosing Suunto Armpit .. Ooops Ambit.. Failed installation.
Repeated the steps and Then i tired the Memory Stick - Voila it work!!!.  Downloading and installing Moveslink.. Then i open my previously installed DM4 Movescount program -  huhhhhh .... Awesome - Device Connected..

Conclusion -- D4i - Worth to buy..
The sea is calling...
kenzotaj
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby Narco » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Good to know problem solved.. now i can put D4i back into the wish list.

D4i.. Oceanic Geo.. Scubapro Meridian.. D4i.. Oceanic Geo.. Scubapro Meridian.. D4i.. Oceanic Geo.. Scubapro Meridian.. D4i.. Oceanic Geo.. Scubapro Meridian.. D4i.. Oceanic Geo.. Scubapro Meridian.. D4i.. Oceanic Geo.. Scubapro Meridian.. D4i.. Oceanic Geo.. Scubapro Meridian.. D4i.. Oceanic Geo.. Scubapro Meridian.. hehe
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#6  Postby toodus » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:27 am

Choose D4i because

After my diving trip, I was waiting in Tawau airport for my flight back to KL. I hung around in the restaurant on the 1st floor. There was another female diver from another group also taking the same flight I reckon and she was wearing the same D4i. This female diver was quite hot so my opening/pick up line was " Hey , we both have the same D4i. What do you think of the performance?"
She responded, we chatted about where we've been, etc. Before we boarded, I got her number.

But sampai hari ni, we haven't gone out yet and I met her in January 2012. I think she's not interested.......  :sad10: [size=78%] [/size]
NOTHING GREAT WAS EVER ACHIEVED WITHOUT ENTHUSIASM
toodus
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topics: 18

Post Number:#7  Postby Narco » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:24 am

Toodus, that is one sad story of crash and burn man.
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#8  Postby run » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:38 am

should i feel sad or else??? somehow d4i now can be use as a flirting mechanism :P
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#9  Postby Narco » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:51 am

It's not flirting, it is building networking.. At least among the community of D4 divers.. Hehe
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#10  Postby manggo365 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:14 am

toodus wrote:Choose D4i because

After my diving trip, I was waiting in Tawau airport for my flight back to KL. I hung around in the restaurant on the 1st floor. There was another female diver from another group also taking the same flight I reckon and she was wearing the same D4i. This female diver was quite hot so my opening/pick up line was " Hey , we both have the same D4i. What do you think of the performance?"
She responded, we chatted about where we've been, etc. Before we boarded, I got her number.

But sampai hari ni, we haven't gone out yet and I met her in January 2012. I think she's not interested.......  :sad10: [size=78%] [/size]

toodus, how about you do same action again when you meet a guy who wear D4i
manggo365
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#11  Postby mamakpenang » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:58 am

toodus,
i support u....never give up, keep trying...hehe
if you never try u never knew..... B-)

“You’ll always miss one hundred percent of the shots you don’t take.”
Wayne Gretzky, the only NHL player to have his number (99) retired across the league – Born January 26, 1961
mamakpenang
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#12  Postby kenzotaj » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:13 pm

Toodus, instead of asking her out, plan for next dive trip...  at least same hobby attracts..
The sea is calling...
kenzotaj
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby JJTan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:34 am

D9 might have helped.... Kekeke....

toodus wrote:Choose D4i because

JJTan
Diver
Diver

Return to Dive Computers/Bottom Timer/Gauges