MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - SCUBAPRO MERIDIAN

SCUBAPRO MERIDIAN

SCUBAPRO MERIDIAN

Post Number:#1  Postby Narco » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Hello good divers,

just curious. I got to know that Scubapro had recently introduced a new dive com - Scubapro MERIDIAN. Anybody care to share comments on this latest hottie?

Seems solid to me. But function wise, i have yet to study. I know the numbers light up! hehe

And i know that scubasympony is selling it. Pls share!
Last edited by Narco on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Not Perfect, but I'm Limited Edition
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author
Topics: 11

Re: SCUBAPRO MERIDIEN

Post Number:#2  Postby run » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:14 am

how much is scubasymphony selling it??
It just released right? from the scubapro website announcement was dated in feb12. Doubt any divers here have any experience with it.

I have a few comments about this DC

1)if the price is anywhere around the same as a D6i, i advise ya stick with Suunto. Reason why you get extra compass inside.

2)its interface with the PC can only be made possible using a cradle+cable?? Where as with D6i you just need its cable.
see the manual (pg 51)  http://www.scubapro.com/media/204664/meridian-eng.pdf

Though this model have me interested with this feature (pg 44 3.11.15 Diving with MB levels) :)
Your stops will look different compare to your other buddies.

3)With Suunto even without a PC they still can show you your dive progress in dotted graph format (see pg 94 [url=http://www.okdive.ru/phocadownload/computers/[suunto]_D6i_eng.pdf]http://www.okdive.ru/phocadownload/computers/[suunto]_D6i_eng.pdf[/url]). I cant see any indications in the scubapro manual (or have i overlooked it??)

Anyhow, if you are planning to buy it , its your money and you can do what eva you want with it  :D
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#3  Postby Narco » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 am

Haha.. What a statement from Run:

"Anyhow, if you are planning to buy it , its your money and you can do what eva you want with it  [img alt=:D]http://malaysianunderwater.com/smff/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/grinnn.gif[/img] "
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby mamakpenang » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:59 am

run,
i believe u use suunto D6i?.....
mamakpenang
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby run » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:40 pm

mamakpenang i give my comments using the same level of popularity among brands in malaysia and the next best thing beside scubapro is of coz Suunto.
but to answer your q, yes mamakpenang so true :D

narco -> my money , my blood and sweat , i can do what ever i want with it hahaha.

Last year i fancy this DC (japanese brand) during MIDE. Ask for the spec and what the DC can do on the spot itself. RM2k+ and yet no nitrox. Better buy suunto, oceanic or scubapro. I love mide walking around, ask the sales promoter more
about their stuff. Often i already know about the stuff , i just want to see whether the promoter understand their
product or not. I remembered asking this one guy selling technical wings. I asked him what is the bungy rubber strap for and he just replied me with muka seposen "this wing is design to have the bungy strap". The guy was local. Unfriendly maybe havent had his lunch so that was why so dull.

Then i went to a singaporean shop, saw halcyon. I ask this and that and the guy happily answer my every questions with further details. bad news he only accept cash terms.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#6  Postby mamakpenang » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:41 pm

run,
u are right, some promoter know their stuff, some couldn't care less
that why we have forum & ask around from real user experience....or browse the web, or try out our buddy or friends new gears to find out hehe.... :D 
mamakpenang
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby Narco » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:32 pm

itchy for a dive com.. scratch.. scratch..
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Re: SCUBAPRO MERIDIAN

Post Number:#8  Postby Narco » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Hello guys, just an update. I've hecked with Sealantis just this evening. It seems that Scubapro is only sending in two piece of Meridian to each appointed dealer, perhaps in this region. RM2600 perpiece.

Apparently, the unit will only be here from 18 April onwards (to any Sealantis rep who is reading this post, please correct me if I'm wrong).
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Re: SCUBAPRO MERIDIAN

Post Number:#9  Postby Narco » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:59 am

Went hunting for Meridian today. Unfortunately, mission failed. Brought back a snap bolt and a slate instead.. :(
Narco
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Topic author

Return to Dive Computers/Bottom Timer/Gauges