MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Dive Comp

Dive Comp

Dive Comp

Post Number:#1  Postby Dr.Siva » Wed May 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Hi Guys,

I am looking forward to get my own Dive Comp. I am get confused over here. I want some feedback from the Sifu's on this forum to help me to make my decision. I am looking at Suunto D9 and Tusa Zen Air.... Can some tell me the pros and cons of this 2 dive comp..

Thanks for you input
Eat, Pray, Sleep and DIVE!!!!!!
Dr.Siva
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Dive Comp

Post Number:#2  Postby oldturtle » Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 pm

you must honestly tell all the sifu here whether you want the dive com to look good on you or seriously work for you..hee....hee....as for me .it has to look good !
oldturtle
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby decimal86 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:57 am

Dr.Siva wrote:Hi Guys,

I am looking forward to get my own Dive Comp. I am get confused over here. I want some feedback from the Sifu's on this forum to help me to make my decision. I am looking at Suunto D9 and Tusa Zen Air.... Can some tell me the pros and cons of this 2 dive comp..

Thanks for you input

my D6 and my wife's D4 has gone back to Finland for servicing, it will be on sale when they come back. i am not impressed at all! my D6 shows all my dives were at 63 deg C!! mana boleh?

and my wife's D4 is Er for 8 days...first she did not Deco and secondly after 24 hrs it should come back to normal.

2 dive computers both Suunto koyak, i say go for the TUSA. now iam left without a dive comp cannot go diving until they come back...
alamak, the tank goes at the back??
decimal86
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 25

Post Number:#4  Postby Dr.Siva » Thu May 19, 2011 11:10 am

Hi Old Turtle,

Well i want both that why i narrow down my Dive comp to Tusa and Suunto.  :glasses9:

HI Decimal 86,

Have you used Tusa during your dive?
Dr.Siva
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby Divelog » Thu May 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi all,

I am using a Suunto Zoop now, so far, no problem at all and most importantly, it is reasonably priced, most shops are still selling it for around RM750.00, it does what it's suppose to do well, so why not consider about it? I was using Uwatec Alladin Air previously, the nearest place to replace its battery is in Hong Kong, so troublesome, that's why i got myself a Zoop.
Divelog
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby irukandji » Thu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm

decimal86 wrote:
Dr.Siva wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks for you input

my D6 and my wife's D4 has gone back to Finland for servicing, it will be on sale when they come back. i am not impressed at all! my D6 shows all my dives were at 63 deg C!! mana boleh?

and my wife's D4 is Er for 8 days...first she did not Deco and secondly after 24 hrs it should come back to normal.

2 dive computers both Suunto koyak, i say go for the TUSA. now iam left without a dive comp cannot go diving until they come back...

Well you still have the Recreational Dive Planner..... still can go diving without computer...  ;)
The Ocean is Calling, Let's go DIVING!
irukandji
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 9

Post Number:#7  Postby Ikan wadi » Thu May 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Divelog wrote:Hi all,

I am using a Suunto Zoop now, so far, no problem at all and most importantly, it is reasonably priced, most shops are still selling it for around RM750.00, it does what it's suppose to do well, so why not consider about it? I was using Uwatec Alladin Air previously, the nearest place to replace its battery is in Hong Kong, so troublesome, that's why i got myself a Zoop.

Sounds a good feedback from zoop's user(Bro.Divelog). ;) Since i was thinking of getting a dive comp for myself, i might go for this one and it is cheaper than others as well.  :D
Ikan wadi
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby Chip » Thu May 19, 2011 3:45 pm

amphibians...  :laughing11:

I've been wondering about buying a Dive Com and Urbanisland Dive is offering D6 for 1.9K... what do you guys think...? should i take it...?
Sorry Dr Siva for mencelah your post...  :P need a good opinion and review from D6 users...  :D

~chinook~
~ Air is like sex; it's not important unless you aren't getting any ~
Chip
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby Dr.Siva » Thu May 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Ikan wadi wrote:
Divelog wrote:Hi all,

Sounds a good feedback from zoop's user(Bro.Divelog). ;) Since i was thinking of getting a dive comp for myself, i might go for this one and it is cheaper than others as well.  :D

Yeah, this Dive Comp will be a good buy if you are not looking for hoseless watch computer. Since, i am looking for this features.. i am narrowing my option to Tusa Zen Air and Suunto D9... So need to make a decision on this two comp.
Dr.Siva
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby Sicko » Thu May 19, 2011 4:05 pm

http://www.shearwaterresearch.com/

This will be all you will ever need for your whole diving career.  :D
Anyone can do a dive to 100m or more.....
But how many will return alive???
Sicko
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#11  Postby nglg212 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:34 pm

hi,

Just my opinions. I used suunto gekko (replaced by suunto zoop) before and i am using See-mann now (now has become Subgear / scubapro). I am quite impressed with See-mann dive comp and it is a lot cheaper than D9 and almost the same price as Tusa Zen. So far, heard alot down side about suunto dive comp, i think Tusa Zen is not a bad choice. If you are going for D9, it will be good to get the transmitter as well, just top-up a bit only. 2 different dive comps with 2 different algorithm, heard that Suunto is abit conservative (more safer), not sure whether is true or not unless i wear 2 dive comps at a time and compare it throughout the dive. If budget is not an issue, you will have a lot of options. .... hope this will help....
nglg212
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 2

Post Number:#12  Postby Ikan wadi » Thu May 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Sicko wrote:http://www.shearwaterresearch.com/

This will be all you will ever need for your whole diving career.   :D

waahh...nice one! square in shape, i like!  :D
Ikan wadi
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#13  Postby SR » Thu May 19, 2011 7:12 pm

I am using a stinger and I seriously believe that this is one of the hardiest work horse around. I have been using it for 9 years and more than 450 dives. It is so sad that Suunto decided to discontinue it....

I also have a second hand Uwatec that I use in my console as a back up dive comp that was made in 1975!!! Another great work horse!

Well for me I would choose the D9.... but I do know that there are some units giving some of their owners a headache....
SR
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#14  Postby oldturtle » Thu May 19, 2011 7:39 pm

an instructor told me that you fellas who believes that your sunnto being sent to sweden are all fools ..! they actually arrive in a dive distributor some where in segambut !!!.
oldturtle
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#15  Postby vash_h » Thu May 19, 2011 9:00 pm

i bought my suunto D4 last year, and i LOVE IT..
<--www.haroldchia.com-->
vash_h
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topics: 5

Post Number:#16  Postby justjim » Thu May 19, 2011 9:41 pm

SR wrote:I am using a stinger and I seriously believe that this is one of the hardiest work horse around. I have been using it for 9 years and more than 450 dives. It is so sad that Suunto decided to discontinue it....

Couldn't agree more. If my Mozzie ever give up one day, I'll be searching high and low for a used Stinger! They don't make 'em like the Stinger anymore (it used to be the DE FACTO dive comp to have). Most of my friend's D4 and D6 and been sent back for servicing.

A word of advise:
I normally replace my Mosquito's user-replacable battery and O-Ring myself (RM20-RM30), with the new Dive Comp (D6, D9, Mares, etc) including the old Stinger, dive center easily charges RM70-RM150 just to change the battery!!
[img width=465 height=120]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/justjim123/IMG_1272SS.jpg[/img]
justjim
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#17  Postby Sicko » Fri May 20, 2011 10:31 am

Ikan wadi wrote:

This will be all you will ever need for your whole diving career.   :D

waahh...nice one! square in shape, i like!  :D
Highly recommended!!!

- Software can be updated by downloading from their website.
- Will progress with you as your diving becomes more & more advanced.
- Battery can be changed by the user.
- Currently, algorithem is Bulhmman GF with VPM to be implemented in the near future.

This is all that you will ever need. From OW level all the way to the highest Tech level(OC & CCR).

Forget about suunto. I'm using my suunto stinger only as a bottom timer now..........

Best regards,
SS
Last edited by Sicko on Fri May 20, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sicko
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#18  Postby decimal86 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:59 am

so Stinger eh? yeah most DM wear one of those. actually on one dive all 3 Suuntos went kaput. now i find out my Gekko is also dead! i will nvr go near a Suunto again.
alamak, the tank goes at the back??
decimal86
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 25

Post Number:#19  Postby Dr.Siva » Fri May 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Sicko wrote:
Ikan wadi wrote:

Highly recommended!!!

- Currently, algorithem is Bulhmman GF with VPM to be implemented in the near future.

This is all that you will ever need. From OW level all the way to the highest Tech level(OC & CCR).

Forget about suunto. I'm using my suunto stinger only as a bottom timer now..........

Best regards,
SS

Where i can get this Dive Comp in Malaysia? what is the price like ??
Dr.Siva
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#20  Postby yeekeong » Fri May 20, 2011 7:18 pm

got myself a Zoop and raring to get it wet!
yeekeong
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#21  Postby aqeebz » Fri May 20, 2011 10:42 pm

aqeebz
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#22  Postby vash_h » Sat May 21, 2011 8:33 am

if can wait, wait for MIDE's price.. sure got few models sell cheap cheap.. but do research on a few models before going there.. or else u might end up buying a not-so-good one.

i bought my suunto D4 because it can be used as a normal watch as well.. for daily use, which is what i am doing.. using the suunto d4 as normal watch as well..

been using it for almost 2 yrs.. so far no problem.. and i am happily measuring the deepest depth at public swimming pools everytime i go to the swimming pool. interesting thing is, some swimming pool arent as deep as they claim (as marked at the floor outside the pool).. some is deeper..
<--www.haroldchia.com-->
vash_h
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topics: 5

Post Number:#23  Postby Sicko » Sat May 21, 2011 9:11 am

Dr.Siva wrote:
Sicko wrote:
Ikan wadi wrote:

Highly recommended!!!

Best regards,
SS

Where i can get this Dive Comp in Malaysia? what is the price like ??
The nearest dealer in MY is Rec N Tec in KL.

Other than that, you can get it online from: http://www.addhelium.com/

Or check the other diving forums(European & US based) for a 2nd hand unit. They do pop up from time to time but are very quickly sold!!!

Good luck in your hunt.   :)

No more suuntos for me.........

Best regards,
SS
Sicko
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Return to Dive Computers/Bottom Timer/Gauges