MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Help... computer never ask me to go up!!

Help... computer never ask me to go up!!

Help... computer never ask me to go up!!

Post Number:#1  Postby superkingkong » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:37 am

hey guys...

just wanna ask something related to the computer.. just started to own a computer..  during my dive, isn't it a computer should calculate my ndl and bottom time and ask me to go up or something like that? or do i have to tell/set what will be my bottom time, what will be my depth?

i'm not sure what i've done, but i put my max depth as 40m, and my max dive time is 40mins. could it be if i have set the time as 40mins, the computer will warn me only after 40mins? by right, i should set it to 0min?

because of this, my max depth was 29mtr, with 28mins ... don't know what is my pressure group :P

would appreciate if someone could enlighten me, thanks.
superkingkong

Topic author

Re: Help... computer never ask me to go up!!

Post Number:#2  Postby GOD » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:49 am

hey guys...

just wanna ask something related to the computer.. just started to own a computer..  during my dive, isn't it a computer should calculate my ndl and bottom time and ask me to go up or something like that? or do i have to tell/set what will be my bottom time, what will be my depth?

i'm not sure what i've done, but i put my max depth as 40m, and my max dive time is 40mins. could it be if i have set the time as 40mins, the computer will warn me only after 40mins? by right, i should set it to 0min?

because of this, my max depth was 29mtr, with 28mins ... don't know what is my pressure group :P

Congrats with you having Dive Comp.

First Of all ... Please Read The Manual, it will tells you a lot more information on Safe Diving.

;D
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby SeaDemon » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:17 pm

Computer never ask you to go up? Very good! Can have longer bottom time!  :P

As pointed out by Snafu, read the manual thoroughly before taking your computer on its first dive. It is [highlight]wrong[/highlight] for you to assume that the computer will tell you how to conduct your dive. You are a licensed diver, trained to plan your own dive...so plan your dives yourself and the computer will only complement your dive plan..not be the rule of your dives.

Go back to the use of a Recreational Dive Planner; simpler, proven safe, and it tells your end pressure group. I have a dive computer, but ask any diver who's dived with me. I never leave home without an RDP.
SeaDemon

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby bobo » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:21 pm

hey guys...

my dive comp ask me to go down instead hehehe and will alarmed if i go up.. read the manual bro...
bobo

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby bubble » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:30 pm

which brand are you using now?

what is your computer setting ? In dive mode or Gauge mode.?
bubble

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby superkingkong » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:48 am

I just got a Veo 250. well, actually the situation wasn't  bad lah... i knew that was my first time, so, didn't really depend on it, rather using it as bottom timer only. The fact that it captured my deepest depth as 29m, and that i was at 5m for about 10-15 mins.. waiting for other divers to get aboard. so, it captured about 28mins for 29m ... heheee looks scary and why i was asking/complaining is that, during my duration underwater.... it didn't alarm or something, probably that i have set 40mins for the elapse time... do u think so? do u think i shouldn't have set the elapse time?

i've gone through the manual, it didn't say anything about alarming me when i should go up or something.... hehee.. well, maybe i'm not sure how should a dive computer functions, probably need some "tunjuk ajar" from you guys :P
superkingkong

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby Jim » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:20 am

If you set alarm for yr plan depth & time, the alarm will go off when you exceed the set depth & time.

If you exceed the NDL time at a particular depth, you are in deco. The dive comp will show the up arrow.

READ the manual. Note the warnings stated in there....
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby superkingkong » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:17 pm

oh... ic, so, a computer will calculate everything for me only? even from within ndl to exceed ndl, it just show u the deco sign only? (yes, i know the computer will show me the deco sign when i exceed ndl)

i get what you mean, that means before the dive, i should plan the minutes, and set it onto the computer?

if i set 30mins, how it will know whether the 30mins is for 30m? or 20m? ... since we are not diving a square profile.... if we are at 10m.. maybe we can stay longer than 30 mins?

or do we see the nitrogen graph? .. of it hits near deco, then it's time to surface? :P
superkingkong

Topic author

Return to Dive Computers/Bottom Timer/Gauges