Post Number:#2  Postby Ketam » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:39 pm

As a back up and coolness factor this looks cool.  :D :D :D

What divecomp are you currently using?
Ketam
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Re: Citizen JV0000-01E

Post Number:#3  Postby aku_haibar » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:31 pm

I don't have divecomp yet... was looking for stinger...

then i found this watch, the coolness factor plus I can use it daily as a normal watch make me interested..

why do you say only for backup..
aku_haibar

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby nglg212 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:07 pm

can go for D4 also since stinger is a bit expensive, i believed that D4 is within your budget and can be use daily.
nglg212
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 2

Post Number:#5  Postby irukandji » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Nice watch... But I think Citizen only make bottom timer?

Bottom timer just let you know the bottom time but do not calculate the remaining bottom time.

'Korek' me if I'm wrong.  :D
The Ocean is Calling, Let's go DIVING!
irukandji
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 9

Post Number:#6  Postby kelapa » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:26 pm

nice ...if u wear this watch... .sure your pren will give a sidelong look to this stuff.... :glasses9:
blup..blup...bluppp.....ergggghhh
kelapa
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby Underwater Tourist » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:30 pm

aku_haibar wrote:I don't have divecomp yet... was looking for stinger...

then i found this watch, the coolness factor plus I can use it daily as a normal watch make me interested..

stinger for sle here

http://www.mudah.my/Suunto-stinger-divi ... 720613.htm

Gud luck
Diver2B is now Underwater Tourist.
Underwater Tourist
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby Ketam » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:35 am

Some of the cheaper divecomp are not for daily use.... example - Gekko now Zoop. But some are quite affordable. Some cheaper than the citizen watch.

A dive comp does not only tell you your bottom time and depth, but they have algorithm calculating you PG (pressure group). This is to tell you whether your are within NDL (No Decompression Limit) and even if you 'terDeco', they will tell you how much deco stop time required. They will also help you during safety stops and you can set alarms for depth limit, dive time and so on (depending on which DC you purchase). They also calculate PG based on your total dive profiles, so if you do multiple dives or on multiple days they still calculate your personal PG. They even have NoF countdown .... (hehehe No Fly time.... some say No F___ fill in the blank with whatever you fancy hehehe)

Suunto are a popular brand here but there are other dive comps such as Seeman, Uwatec and Mares. The seeman wristwatch dive comp is about RM1200 which is cheaper than the citizen.

Having said that Ketam know of divers who have dived without DC for years. But Ketam would suggest a dive comp before any other dive gear.

Divr safe always.
Ketam
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby decimal86 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:38 pm

aku_haibar wrote:I don't have divecomp yet... was looking for stinger...

i have a Citizen Eco-Dive bottom timer, get a proper dive comp! like Ketam said, the citizen does not do so many things that you need for a safe dive--mutidives...surface interval between the next dives?
alamak, the tank goes at the back??
decimal86
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 25

Post Number:#10  Postby Bagman » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:52 pm

Lol...I use my Mosquito daily...hahaha...but I think a D4 would be a much cooler daily watch :D
Bagman
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#11  Postby blackbear » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:38 pm

Bro  :hello:

i use a Citizen Aqualand as a bottom timer and a Dive Computer to get my NDL calculations and all that...

You will end up paying maybe RM1.1K plus for the citizen... I would recommend you getting a Suunto Zoop or a Mares Puck for an entry level Dive Computer.... These 2 models are basic but serves your needs...

If you are the conservative type than please go with Suunto models as many MUWians will swear by them as they are a very good brand... in fact i just finished reading Nizaha's postings on Dive Computers...You should have a read, mate...

bottom line... if i need to invest RM1k plus, i would rather go for a Dive Computer than a bottom timer.. and if it has to be less than RMIk then i would be looking at that big yellow easy to be seen/read Zoop from Suunto....

my 2 cents worth!!

Cheers!!!
there's heaven.. and there is diving..
blackbear
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#12  Postby nglg212 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Ketam wrote:Some of the cheaper divecomp are not for daily use.... example - Gekko now Zoop. But some are quite affordable. Some cheaper than the citizen watch.

A dive comp does not only tell you your bottom time and depth, but they have algorithm calculating you PG (pressure group). This is to tell you whether your are within NDL (No Decompression Limit) and even if you 'terDeco', they will tell you how much deco stop time required. They will also help you during safety stops and you can set alarms for depth limit, dive time and so on (depending on which DC you purchase). They also calculate PG based on your total dive profiles, so if you do multiple dives or on multiple days they still calculate your personal PG. They even have NoF countdown .... (hehehe No Fly time.... some say No F___ fill in the blank with whatever you fancy hehehe)

Suunto are a popular brand here but there are other dive comps such as Seeman, Uwatec and Mares. The seeman wristwatch dive comp is about RM1200 which is cheaper than the citizen.

Having said that Ketam know of divers who have dived without DC for years. But Ketam would suggest a dive comp before any other dive gear.

Divr safe always.

Hi Ketam, agree with u..i m using Seemann Xp-eins, not a bad dive comp, it is a German + Japan technology...i like this dive comp and it is very useful for my own safety...:)
nglg212
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 2

Post Number:#13  Postby ckchong » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:39 pm

don't treat it as a DC, treat it as a watch with extra fuction.... if u really look for DC, buy a basic one better then a watch with ext fuction... :D :D :D
ckchong
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Return to Dive Computers/Bottom Timer/Gauges