MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - help help.... my mosquito dead

help help.... my mosquito dead

help help.... my mosquito dead

Post Number:#1  Postby taurusdiver » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:58 am

hi all the sifu here.... wanna ask is there any idea or is it true that if the Suunto Mosquito can't log anymore further, which means it's dead? coz my frens sent to Suunto b4 and kena charged.... but came back with the same problems
taurusdiver
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: help help.... my mosquito dead

Post Number:#2  Postby POYIE » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:01 pm

is good if your ask it agent
POYIE
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby ikan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:07 pm

Have you tried to write to them (Suunto Finland) via email .. Maybe they can give and explanation. i have never use mosquito before so am not so sure ...
if u are going to be dumb, u better be tough ....
ikan
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#4  Postby Nizaha » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:40 pm

Sent back to Diveshop or Authorized dealer only. Let them do the work. They have proper tool etc like pressure test pots.

Most common problem divers replace the battery by them self and not back in the water as soon enough.. Don't wait to long to pressure(wet) test again..minimum target depth 40mtr (what they required during my  Suunto clinic)

Safe Diving
Zaha
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby Mabel & Yon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi I had the same problem with my mosquito while diving in Sipadan recently (early Dec).
When I came out after my dive at Barracuda Point, my dive computer was still reading 3m and it lasted the whole day, so my dive logged was hundreds of minutes long! Then the next day, it recovered in the morning, and by the third day it got jammed again!
One si-fu tried to open up the battery of my mosquito using a 20sen coin (to un-jam it) but because it was vacuum-sealed, it couldn't be opened. I had just changed the battery at A&L in June this year, and it is the first time after 4 years of diving with this dive comp that it has given up on me. What shall I do? Any advice?
Mabel & Yon
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby clairvoyant » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:29 pm

Hi!
It more and less same problem like my D6. Its happen after during my Tioman dive trip. The problem happen during last dive at Tioman Wreck Takek, after surface my D6 reading still show the depth  [-(. After few day the dive comp show funny thing I send it to A & L  for service/repair. its maybe factory fault. After few day A&L comeback they saidmy D6 need to send back to Finland. It take 3 month to get back the replacement and now I'm using it so far so good. Just send to A&L coz they are distributor for Suunto. I'm lucky coz buy from genuine distributor.
Whatever the mind of Man can Conceive and Believe, It can Achieve!
You get what you want in this World by making it happen, not waiting for it to come to you!
clairvoyant
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby Mabel & Yon » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:57 pm

Thanks, I sent the DC to A&L today and they told me that it is an electrical problem and is common with many Mosquito DCs.
They say they will let their technician check it first and maybe need to send it back to Finland. And will charge for replacing the parts and after that no guarantee it will not have the same problem still! 3 months? That's a long time!  :crybaby2:
Mabel & Yon
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby 40bar » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:04 am

Hi..recently divers had the same problem such as like u..dont really be headache!! but their catch a new one..bro just advise to u, do looking another model or 2nd hand model..your DC u use it is not in market anymore...finland suunto will not treat your problem!!!
www.snradventure.com
The foremost outdoor, event consultant & training developments
40bar
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#9  Postby nudilover » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Get a brand new unit, buddy! Do not waste time sending the unit back to Finland (for sure diveshop will said so to send back to Finland for inpection & repair.... end up, you have to bare the courier charges and whatever repairing cost). Unless, it's still under warranty coverage periods.

Or, of you prefer to use back mosquito.... a proof tested well working 2yrs second hand unit with over 300+ dive logged is ready to let go @ RM 680.00 ~ (reason: planning to upgrade to D6)

Good Luck~
nudilover
Diver
Diver

Return to Dive Computers/Bottom Timer/Gauges