MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - New Mares Nemo Wide

New Mares Nemo Wide

New Mares Nemo Wide

Post Number:#1  Postby nazimkecik » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:02 pm

Check out Mares latest dive comp 'Nemo Wide', pretty ok  :)

Unique Characteristics of Nemo Wide:

• Wide, high-contrast display with a 170° viewing angle
• Data displayed in large-size characters
• 4 buttons and easy access make it simple to use
• Upgradeable software directly via the PC interface (this function allows users to take advantage of future Mares software updates)
• Hypoallergenic rubber strap

Characteristics Common to the Range of Mares Computers:

• Mares-Wienke RGBM: latest-generation algorithm to reduce the risks related to the formation of micro-bubbles
• Deep stops (decompression stops at greater depths), and an ascent rate readout both analog and digital, for even safer dives
• Safety stop
• 3 Dive Modes: Air, Nitrox, Bottom time
• Intense backlighting on demand
• User replaceable batteries
• Mineral glass

http://www.mares.com/product_detail.php ... region=ALL
nazimkecik

Topic author

Re: New Mares Nemo Wide

Post Number:#2  Postby prob » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:55 pm

wanna ask the experts here...this mares RGBM is it less conservatives compared to Sunnto's? Or otherwise? From my observation, (don't own a dive comp) Sunnto is a bit of pain to use in a typical multi dive day. (read=less bottom time, loss margin to deco, gas-off period longer etc, etc?)

your thoughts please

:)
prob

Topic author

Post Number:#3  Postby anas » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:30 pm

wanna ask the experts here...this mares RGBM is it less conservatives compared to Sunnto's? Or otherwise? From my observation, (don't own a dive comp) Sunnto is a bit of pain to use in a typical multi dive day. (read=less bottom time, loss margin to deco, gas-off period longer etc, etc?)

your thoughts please

First off, me no expert at all. Just have some readings and a little experience only. Comparing apple 2 apple (kinda!) --> Suunto Stinger and Mares Nemo

To me, having done over 100 dives on my Nemo, Mares rgbm is so much more conservative than suunto. But then, again, you may set it up to be more conservative also.

One review says:
[i]"In 2002, Dr. Wienke collaborated with Mares in the most recent evolution of the RGBM algorithm, which takes into account the most recent studies performed in this sector. Thus, the RGBM Mares-Wienke algorithm was born. The Mares-Wienke algorithm is indispensable for anyone who takes multiple and repetitive dives. Further, the algorithm adopts data correlations for bubble correction factors, using statistical analysis. The Mares-Wienke algorithm is the first to introduce deep decompression stops, increasing the possibility for micro-bubbles to be eliminated."

So the Mares-Wienke RGBM algorithm can be considered to be conservative and helps reduce the chance of a diver suffering from decompression sickness (the bends). It also incorporates deep stops and the Nemo notifies the diver if they need to conduct any deep stops during your ascent.
[/i] Reviewed By David Harasti on Monday, May 30, 2005

I have gone 41.7m for a few minutes, and also noticed it predicts deep stop. Then I ascended and play around mid 20s. It falls true as stated in a review from magazine Diver October 2004

FACE OFF: WATCHES
Apeks Pulse v
Mares Nemo v
Suunto Stinger

" ... after a multi-level dive to 42m, I noted a predicted deep stop at 18m.
However, lingering around in the low 20s, this stop was no longer required by the time I got there and I was back to no-stop diving. Mares appears to have managed to write in deep stops that will accommodate the activities of ordinary leisure divers, and not only those decompressing while ascending a fixed line.

Well, having said, I love my Nemo and at the same time drooling over a Suunto D9.
heh heh..  nemo is a little more stylish--doesnt look like a computer as compared to stinger which appears to be a little masculine and techy.
my two cents.
Last edited by anas on Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby evo5555 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:32 am

your thoughts please

First off, me no expert at all. Just have some readings and a little experience only. Comparing apple 2 apple (kinda!) --> Suunto Stinger and Mares Nemo

To me, having done over 100 dives on my Nemo, Mares rgbm is so much more conservative than suunto. But then, again, you may set it up to be more conservative also.

One review says:
[i]"In 2002, Dr. Wienke collaborated with Mares in the most recent evolution of the RGBM algorithm, which takes into account the most recent studies performed in this sector. Thus, the RGBM Mares-Wienke algorithm was born. The Mares-Wienke algorithm is indispensable for anyone who takes multiple and repetitive dives. Further, the algorithm adopts data correlations for bubble correction factors, using statistical analysis. The Mares-Wienke algorithm is the first to introduce deep decompression stops, increasing the possibility for micro-bubbles to be eliminated."

So the Mares-Wienke RGBM algorithm can be considered to be conservative and helps reduce the chance of a diver suffering from decompression sickness (the bends). It also incorporates deep stops and the Nemo notifies the diver if they need to conduct any deep stops during your ascent.
[/i] Reviewed By David Harasti on Monday, May 30, 2005

I have gone 41.7m for a few minutes, and also noticed it predicts deep stop. Then I ascended and play around mid 20s. It falls true as stated in a review from magazine Diver October 2004

FACE OFF: WATCHES
Apeks Pulse v
Mares Nemo v
Suunto Stinger

" ... after a multi-level dive to 42m, I noted a predicted deep stop at 18m.
However, lingering around in the low 20s, this stop was no longer required by the time I got there and I was back to no-stop diving. Mares appears to have managed to write in deep stops that will accommodate the activities of ordinary leisure divers, and not only those decompressing while ascending a fixed line.

Well, having said, I love my Nemo and at the same time drooling over a Suunto D9.
heh heh..  nemo is a little more stylish--doesnt look like a computer as compared to stinger which appears to be a little masculine and techy.
my two cents.

Sheikh is a Gadget man...whatever new stuff/gadget that is very high tech, it will attract him to purchase the product. hehehe....Anyway this new product is like a combination of nemo and M1, and hence, this product is produced.  AS sheikh said, i am also using Mares but it is M1(like a brick), as i am not as rich as sheikh ;D   As far as i am concerned, sometimes it is more conservative compared to the Stinger, as most of my friends are using stinger.  The no deco time will appear 1-2 minute earlier than stinger or the same with stinger, and suunto has around +-10% allowance for the no deco time.  but as our
NITROX sifu said, a dive computer is not a necessity, learn your TABLE and plan your dive.  ;)  RIGHT SHEIKH? ;)
Last edited by evo5555 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
evo5555

Topic author

Post Number:#5  Postby evo5555 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:38 am

your thoughts please

Prob,

Perhaps make some research on what is actually RGBM and who written/designed this system and how does its principle calculation can do to you when you are diving? just my 2 cents. ::)
evo5555

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby nazimkecik » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:27 am

Bro I think firstly you should get a dive comp soon  ;D I came across this:

taken from http://www.scubadiving.com/article3685

Liberal or Conservative?

How your computer's algorithm affects your bottom time

By John Francis

Our dive computer tests don't stop with the size of the buttons and the readability of the displays. We also test the information they give you about your no-decompression limits (NDLs) because computers can differ significantly on the exact same profile.

To test these differences, we put all 11 dive computers in the USC Hyperbaric Chamber on Catalina Island and ran them simultaneously on a three-dive profile designed to represent a typical day of multilevel dives within recreational limits.

The first dive, for 51 minutes, went to a maximum depth of 100 feet. After a one-hour surface interval we made a second dive of 44 minutes to a max depth of 70 feet. An hour-and-a-half surface interval followed before the third dive, 41 minutes to a max depth of 60 feet. Just to make it interesting, the second dive included a reverse profile--five minutes at 40 feet, four minutes at 60 feet, then five minutes at the max depth for 70 feet. On the ascent we had our "divers" spend six minutes at 60 feet and seven minutes at 40. Ascent rates did not exceed 30 feet per minute.

Our liberal-vs.-conservative charts note the minutes of no-deco time each computer allowed at specific moments in each dive. These differences are the result of the algorithms used to calculate NDLs.

Are the most liberal computers reckless? Are the most conservative paranoid? There's no way to be sure, given the theoretical nature of decompression and individual factors such as fitness, cold, exertion levels and hydration. Ultimately, you must decide what constitutes a safe profile and build in safety margins.

Algorithm Soup

An algorithm, in this context, is your dive computer's program. It's the complex mathematics behind someone's theory of how decompression works. The computers in this review use four base algorithms--usually tweaked and modified to varying degrees by manufacturers--based on four different theories of how a diver absorbs and eliminates inert gases.

THE BASE ALGORITHM: Haldanean
Based on the work of J.S. Haldane, the pioneer of decompression theory, these algorithms have been modified numerous times over the years and remain the most widely used in diving. Haldane's theory grouped the body's thousands of different tissues into theoretical tissue compartments, each with a different rate for absorbing and releasing inert gas. He also believed that gas was always released at the same rate at which it was absorbed. The theory does not account for the presence of tiny "silent bubbles" formed during ascent that can slow off-gassing, so Haldanean algorithms, unless specifically modified, tend to be very liberal in adding no-decompression time during ascents.

The Computers: Aeris Atmos Elite, Genesis React Pro, Genesis Resource Pro, Oceanic VT Pro, Oceanic Veo 250, Oceanic Atom, Sherwood Profile.

The Results: In our tests, these six computers allowed the most consistently liberal no-deco times from start to finish and consistently added no-decompression time during ascents--even after the reverse profile.

THE BASE ALGORITHM: DCIEM
Developed by the Canadian Defense and Civil Institute of Environmental Medicine (DCIEM), this algorithm is unusual because it assumes only four tissue compartments and because it assumes that dissolved gas passes from your blood to your fastest tissue, and from it to the next fastest, and so on. Haldane and other theories assume gas passes from blood to each compartment directly.

The Computer: Citizen Aqualand Nx.

The Result: During our chamber dives, the Citizen was very conservative at maximum depths, but also very liberal during the later portions of ascents, sometimes even more liberal than Haldanean computers. On ascent from the reverse profile in Dive 2, it went from the most conservative computer to the most liberal. The Citizen initially subtracted no-deco time (from seven minutes at 70 feet, to three minutes at the 60-foot sampling point), but after seven minutes at 40 feet it was displaying a generous 66 minutes of no-deco time.

THE BASE ALGORITHM: Buhlmann
Swiss researcher Albert Buhlmann added to the Haldanean model the idea behind "M values" developed by Robert Workman. These values represent the theoretical amount of overpressure that tissues can tolerate without forming bubbles. Buhlmann also gave more attention to slower tissues.

The Computer: Tusa IQ-700 Hunter.

The Results: The Tusa consistently staked the middle ground between the most liberal and most conservative computers, but trended to the conservative side. On ascent from the reverse profile, it initially subtracted no-deco time (from 13 minutes at 70 feet to 10 minutes at 60 feet), but then tended to hold steady. On ascent from 40 feet, it added time, but not as rapidly as the Haldanean or DCIEM computers.
Last edited by nazimkecik on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
nazimkecik

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby nazimkecik » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:31 am

cont. from above..

THE BASE ALGORITHM: RGBM
The Reduced Gradient Bubble Model (RGBM) algorithm was developed after Doppler bubble research showed that "silent bubbles" unknown to Haldane often form after a dive without causing DCS symptoms. On the theory that these bubbles would be slower than dissolved gas to leave your body, and could even interfere with the outflow of dissolved gas, the algorithm is consistently conservative.

The Computers: Dacor Darwin Air, Mares M1 RGBM, Suunto Gekko.

The Results: These computers started conservative, stayed that way longer during ascents and tended to go even more conservative in their initial response to the reverse profile. At our sample points on the ascent from Dive 2, they had subtracted no-deco time when some of the more liberal computers had added it. One RGBM computer even ran out of no-deco time after a seven-minute stay at 40 feet. Haldanean computers at the same moment allowed 57 minutes, the DCIEM computer 66 minutes. On ascent from 40 feet, they all began to add no-deco time. With an RGBM computer, particularly on a reverse profile, you cannot dive to the edge of the no-deco limits and then assume a modest ascent will buy you more time.
Last edited by nazimkecik on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
nazimkecik

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby evo5555 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:10 am

Eh eh bro, u sudah ambik tempat sifu ke?eheh
evo5555

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby nazimkecik » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:54 am

mana bleh ambik tempat dia bro..wa wakil je..macam lu..muahahaha..EANx class '06  ;D

Eh eh bro, u sudah ambik tempat sifu ke?eheh
nazimkecik

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby prob » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:02 am

thanks all for the input/comments/links...shed some light on the subject

Nazimkecik, I am on the lookout for one la, kalau ada anyone yg dah bosan dgn dive comp dia, lemme know, k  ;)
prob

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby matpung » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:00 am

Nazimkecik, I am on the lookout for one la, kalau ada anyone yg dah bosan dgn dive comp dia, lemme know, k  ;)

Caya la lu "buddy"... ;D
matpung

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby nazimkecik » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:07 am

hahaha ok bro, nanti we talk :) i am thinking of.. ::)

nazimkecik

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby Jim » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:35 am

hahaha ok bro, nanti we talk :) i am thinking of.. ::)

heheheh....that is very the fast....
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby nazimkecik » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:17 am

Hahaha...sudah kena racun.. ;D 50/50
nazimkecik

Topic author

Post Number:#15  Postby Jim » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:10 am

decision time bro....
Jim

Topic author

Post Number:#16  Postby bijan » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:10 pm

prob bro..aper lg..nazimkecik dah pancing tuh
bijan

Topic author

Post Number:#17  Postby putradiver » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:23 pm

Not really quite sure when is Nemo Wide coming in.  Hopefully next month.  If my bro, Sheikh likes into Gadgets... go for VR3 la bro... ;)
putradiver

Topic author

Post Number:#18  Postby anas » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:43 am

Not really quite sure when is Nemo Wide coming in.  Hopefully next month.  If my bro, Sheikh likes into Gadgets... go for VR3 la bro... ;)

VR3? wah.. i dont think i can afford that uber gravy stuff. It's meant for eliteguru divers like you, snafu and jim. way pass over me, man!

i just stick to the one i have only.
anas

Topic author

Post Number:#19  Postby GOD » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:55 am

VR3? wah.. i dont think i can afford that uber gravy stuff. It's meant for eliteguru divers like you, snafu and jim. way pass over me, man!

VR3 is not for me, not an eliteguru ... I would just stick to dive table.

;D
Last edited by GOD on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOD

Topic author

Post Number:#20  Postby Jim » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Me no need VR3 laaa..... hv my citizen as bottom timer is enuf. Tables can download from those yg pakai V-Planner...hehehe
Jim

Topic author

Return to Dive Computers/Bottom Timer/Gauges