MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Between VR3 & UWATEC Galileo Sol

Between VR3 & UWATEC Galileo Sol

Between VR3 & UWATEC Galileo Sol

Post Number:#1  Postby SOMBRE » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:52 pm

Guys, anyone can help elaborate on this, any advice on the Advantages and/or Disadvantages of the two? Tech Divers, Kindly advice your point of view.

Reagrds,
Like Chalk and Cheese
SOMBRE
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Re: Between VR3 & UWATEC Galileo Sol

Post Number:#2  Postby Mephisto the Heretic » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:34 pm

wow beb..how to comment...have not sen the SOL in MALAYSIA yet....but the spec sheet is spacticular laa....
BE FAITHFUL! BE STRONG! BE VIGILANT!
'...a mind without purpose will walk in dark places.' -The Spheres of Longing, II. ix. 31.
Mephisto the Heretic
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#3  Postby Jim » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:52 pm

VR3 can play games maaaaa........

Saw 1 unit of Sol kat Sealantis yesterday.... retail at RM7300 if not mistaken... VR3 full specs if ot mistaken is more than RM10k. Alcheapo way is to cut table from V-Planner & copy onto yr slate. Same algorithm as VR3...
Jim
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#4  Postby Scorpenesub » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:06 pm

wow dikiz.m.s, you really want to spend so much on DC ar? save the money for diving bro....
Stealth is success
Scorpenesub
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#5  Postby SOMBRE » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:29 pm

Thanks guys, i was just considering to get either one. But Jim's comment is true. We can do that. but only thing is that it has the heart beat compression rate that will enable the unit to calculate close to accurate decompression rate. Digital compass, where as the VR3 hasn't got this option. Further more, i can get it off at RM 6,440.00

Scorpenesub has a point, save up for trips, but bro...i was only thinking of a long time investment. (NOT sure how stable is the unit though!!!)

Memphisto, SOL is the new D.C in the market now, to me it looks appealing. cun gak ar. only harga on a steep high side lar.
Like Chalk and Cheese
SOMBRE
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby Jim » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:00 pm

dikiz.m.s wrote:Thanks guys, i was just considering to get either one. But Jim's comment is true. We can do that. but only thing is that it has the heart beat compression rate that will enable the unit to calculate close to accurate decompression rate. Digital compass, where as the VR3 hasn't got this option. Further more, i can get it off at RM 6,440.00

...u can get VR3 for RM6440? Full specs?
Jim
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby Scorpenesub » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:18 pm

dikiz.m.s wrote:Further more, i can get it off at RM 6,440.00

dikiz.m.s, a very good price for the Sol would be RM5,850. I think the price is doable for some retailers based on 20% discount from recommended retail price. Bargain harder if you are buying it....
Stealth is success
Scorpenesub
Scuba Guru
Scuba Guru

Post Number:#8  Postby Nizaha » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:38 pm

dikiz.m.s wrote:Thanks guys, i was just considering to get either one. But Jim's comment is true. We can do that. but only thing is that it has the heart beat compression rate that will enable the unit to calculate close to accurate decompression rate. Digital compass, where as the VR3 hasn't got this option. Further more, i can get it off at RM 6,440.00

Scorpenesub has a point, save up for trips, but bro...i was only thinking of a long time investment. (NOT sure how stable is the unit though!!!)

Memphisto, SOL is the new D.C in the market now, to me it looks appealing. cun gak ar. only harga on a steep high side lar.

Why not wait during DEMA at Orlando. Maybe I can get you better price$$$$.

How's going Diki?? How's wife doing?
Safe diving
Zaha
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby SOMBRE » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:54 pm

[/quote]

Safe diving
Zaha
[/quote]

Hi Big Brother Zaha, Long time haven't heard from you. How are you? How is Sara and How is your baby coming along?

Geng, nak tunggu DEMA kat Orlando tuh cam berat ar pulak...nak gi sana lagi. Kalau you can get on behalf pun ok gak lah...but still nak kena tengok gak ar price plus delivery charges, plus wire transfer charges etc.

Wife is doing well. I am doing well. Thank you for your concern. Lama lah tak jumpa you.

Anyway, email me on your response on our TOP SECRET topic the other day. Hehehehe. Didn't receive any feedback pun from you. Hehehehehe. By the way, what are your comments on the two option i posted.

Regards,

P.S: The other day you posted a picture of Buddy Inspiration in your baby's court, is that your new toy? Jealous lak lah....

Take care bro.

COBRA kirim salam kat you a.k.a Sahrom Abas.
Like Chalk and Cheese
SOMBRE
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby Mephisto the Heretic » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:50 pm

yup..looks like the sol one of the ultimate..but before you invest..i recomend to study review on it first....its still new...all the reviews i say for now all based on manufacturers literature..takde indie punya review lagi.
'...a mind without purpose will walk in dark places.' -The Spheres of Longing, II. ix. 31.
Mephisto the Heretic
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#11  Postby SOMBRE » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:02 pm

yup..looks like the sol one of the ultimate..but before you invest..i recomend to study review on it first....its still new...all the reviews i say for now all based on manufacturers literature..takde indie punya review lagi.
[/quote]

Brother, thank you for your advice. I am still waiting for more updates and reviews. perhaps by then the price will also depreciate bit more. hehehehe. Nak benda murah jer eh...hehehehehe.
Like Chalk and Cheese
SOMBRE
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby Mephisto the Heretic » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:04 pm

dikiz.m.s wrote:yup..looks like the sol one of the ultimate..but before you invest..i recomend to study review on it first....its still new...all the reviews i say for now all based on manufacturers literature..takde indie punya review lagi.

Brother, thank you for your advice. I am still waiting for more updates and reviews. perhaps by then the price will also depreciate bit more. hehehehe. Nak benda murah jer eh...hehehehehe.
[/quote]

when you get yours new toy..remember to demo to us....
Mephisto the Heretic
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#13  Postby SOMBRE » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:48 pm

Will do brother, the lucky ones will get to even use it lor...no hal lah...hehehehe
Like Chalk and Cheese
SOMBRE
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby Nizaha » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:05 pm

dikiz.m.s wrote:

Safe diving
Zaha
[/quote]

Hi Big Brother Zaha, Long time haven't heard from you. How are you? How is Sara and How is your baby coming along?

Geng, nak tunggu DEMA kat Orlando tuh cam berat ar pulak...nak gi sana lagi. Kalau you can get on behalf pun ok gak lah...but still nak kena tengok gak ar price plus delivery charges, plus wire transfer charges etc.

Wife is doing well. I am doing well. Thank you for your concern. Lama lah tak jumpa you.

Anyway, email me on your response on our TOP SECRET topic the other day. Hehehehe. Didn't receive any feedback pun from you. Hehehehehe. By the way, what are your comments on the two option i posted.

Regards,

P.S: The other day you posted a picture of Buddy Inspiration in your baby's court, is that your new toy? Jealous lak lah....

Take care bro.

COBRA kirim salam kat you a.k.a Sahrom Abas.
[/quote]

[font=Verdana][font=Verdana][font=Verdana]Yo Diki...

Good, I hope you enjoy with married life and teaching scuba as well..ehhe

Diki , Baby can come out anytimes soon. I'll let you know !!!! If you dad going to be at DEMA, let me know. I like to see him as well.

By the way, I didn't received anything about your secret topic thing !!!! hemmm...

I been diving and owned buddy Inspriration since last Now last year..good stuff Diki..

Safe diving

Zaha
Last edited by Nizaha on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equipment can go to those depths, but your body might not be able to..
Nizaha
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#15  Postby SOMBRE » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:33 am

Hi zaha, nice to hear from your point of view. Anyway, i did P.M you so kindly view them ok.

My regards to Sara.
Like Chalk and Cheese
SOMBRE
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Return to Dive Computers/Bottom Timer/Gauges